What's new

Kennywood | Steel Curtain | S&S Multi-looper

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
There’s 2 different sections of track that run through there. One for the drop and another one for the sea serpent.
Crikey, is it really? Can't believe that first drop/corkscrew things manages to cover all that distance. That's awesome!

jay37415

Mega Poster
So bizarre that the cross ties just after the crest of the hill still seem to be removed even after they took this whole piece down and then put it back. I'm really curious what was going on with that
Being a maintenance guy at a large factory. My guess is that its like that to allow access to the chain and cog up there. If you look closely. It appears to have tabs there the cross ties should go so they can bolt on the cross ties later. Those are the types of things engineers overlook but maintenance guys will yell about during installation.

Also, the Dippin Dots lady in front of Log Jammer told me that the reason construction is delayed is because S&S moved the whole crew to Great America to throw Maxx Force together real quick. It's only 1/3 of a real coaster so it shouldn't take long.

CeramicRabbit

Roller Poster
Being a maintenance guy at a large factory. My guess is that its like that to allow access to the chain and cog up there. If you look closely. It appears to have tabs there the cross ties should go so they can bolt on the cross ties later. Those are the types of things engineers overlook but maintenance guys will yell about during installation.

Also, the Dippin Dots lady in front of Log Jammer told me that the reason construction is delayed is because S&S moved the whole crew to Great America to throw Maxx Force together real quick. It's only 1/3 of a real coaster so it shouldn't take long.
Maxx force is basically already construction complete, but it seems weird that S&S wasnt ready to build two of these at a time and Curtain definitely seems like the more hotly anticipated ride so curious they didn't want to finish it first.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Maxx force is basically already construction complete, but it seems weird that S&S wasnt ready to build two of these at a time and Curtain definitely seems like the more hotly anticipated ride so curious they didn't want to finish it first.
Afterall, Six Flags is perfectly comfortable with missing their construction deadlines.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
And so is Parques Reunidos. Two words... Merlin's Mayhem.. lol
On the topic of Merlin's Mayhem, I remember when I first heard that it was delayed because of the need for theming in the station and queue line. After watching a walk-through of the queue and a POV of the ride, a thought hit me; "What theming?" ;)

Intamin to Win

Mega Poster
Curtain is like quadruple the size of Maxx (in steel used). It’s a LOT more to construct. Also, from what I understand, the tight nature of Kennywood’s hilltop location and specifically SC’s site are delaying things a bit. Cranes can’t move around the area all that easily

Snoo

The Legend
Curtain is like quadruple the size of Maxx (in steel used). It’s a LOT more to construct. Also, from what I understand, the tight nature of Kennywood’s hilltop location and specifically SC’s site are delaying things a bit. Cranes can’t move around the area all that easily

Agreed. It's definitely not the same deal. The only thing in common between the two is that they're both S&S.

jay37415

Mega Poster

CeramicRabbit

Roller Poster
Just think... there are as many non operating coasters in that picture as there are operating coasters.
I can't believe Skyrocket isn't open yet when it was testing before the season started. Sure it's the least valuable credit at the park in my opinion, but I would definitely want to get on it if I was headed there.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
^In 3 days, it will have been a full calendar year since the last time I was at Kennywood, and Sky Rocket was still broken back then. GG Kennywood! I'm looking at going back to the park in mid-July for SCurt, and if BOTH of those damn credits aren't running, I will gladly keep driving.