What's new

Kings Island | Orion | B&M Giga Coaster

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I have to admit, back in the day the wild "giga dive" claims did have some merit to back them up! That tunnel looked a lot more deep than it actually was...
Nah. Never did. Just like it was never gonna have 2 MCBR and all that ****.

In regards to this development though? Like I said on the pod, will I be happy for a giga? Of course, it's at an easier park for me to visit, but any other park (besides CGA) I'd be much, much happier.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pear

Strata Poster
Some new trademarks filed by CF

dlgizz7er6w21.jpg

Just researched Orion. It's "one of the most conspicuous and recognizable constellations in the night sky". So I'd like to see a cool trailer where the stars align in a night sky above kings island and then a shooting star or a stream of energy blasts through the points to create Giga Coaster track maybe.

But with two trademarked names...could mean two coasters in the chain!
Kings Island and...

Kings Dominion? Knotts? Dorney? Cedar Point????

The two trade marks will likely be for the same ride. I assume they filed thr two so they could decide between them. But I think these names would fit a tower-based flat ride rather than a giga coaster, personally.
Yh...maybe someone's planning a different name to Windseeker haha maybe they'll rename and retheme all the Windseekers in the next few years haha

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Honestly, these are both incredibly creative names that would certainly fit an X-Base expansion! Bravo to Cedar Fair for tapping into this rarely used topic in theme parks.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Whatever it is, it better have better theming than what Firehawk had.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

TLARides

Hyper Poster
That same teaser isn't found on their mobile site, I have yet to check if it's shown on my laptop.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Also: That image has been doctored to make certain stars brighter. If I've got any astrologers (or is it astrologists) here, maybe you could pick out where either Orion or Polaris is. I didn't see Orion and I've no idea where Polaris is. If anyone can find one and not the other, name comfirmed?