What's new

Longchong Scenic Spot To Install Pretty Insane Thrill Rides

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
This one is a bit out of the blue but the Longchong Scenic Spot in Chongqing, China will be installing 2 new rides. An enormous 108m sky coaster and a see-saw ride very similar to X-Scream at the Stratosphere in Las Vegas.

The new rides positioned atop a 500m cliff will send riders out over an edge almost twice as high as the rides at the Stratosphere and the see-saw ride is longer (27m vs 21m), faster (45km/h vs 30km/h) and dips further (35deg vs 30deg) than the Vegas version as well.

The rides are expected to open in October and it appears will be constructed by Chinese firm MCC.
Cliff1.jpg Cliff2.jpg

Source - https://m.sohu.com/a/310472832_1237...nINOMTZlft2E66Xj8LmI7fB4baw31ekiwb6xEKNqxrGhk

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Nothing is more terrifying than the idea of a Chinese knock-off X-Scream.

tenor.gif

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I just threw up a bit in the back of my mouth.

Disgusting. :p

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Just to point out how completely bonkers this is.
Assuming the stats are accurate (which in China, who knows)
At the top of the swing over the edge of the cliff on the Sky Coaster (which on its own is the tallest ever built) you will be just under 2000ft off the ground.
Or put another way that is almost 5 times the height of Top Thrill Dragster.
As i said Bonkers.

Edit - Couple of pics of the location.
JvTP-fycnyhm1147761.jpg 5c6d21a0ad11e.jpg

Last edited:

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
To be fair, Interactive Rides built more than 3 rides :p They sold a handful of the smaller version of the X-Scream Skateboard rides. Knotts had/has one with a Snoopy theme. Rye Playland has one too, the first I ever rode. They also tried to sell another of the Insanity style rides (although without the rotating base to hang the ride off a building) and they did sell a coaster to Hershey they were unable to actually manufacture, haha.

Also, can we start all the "CHINA LOLOL" jokes about how the car isn't gonna stop and actually just roll off the edge to fall into the valley?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I believe China Metallurgical Group Corporation, part of which is also Hebei Zhongye (at least I assume the rides in question are going to be made by them, considering a lot of their coaster trains have MCC written on them as well).
Correct. They have over a hundred coasters under there belt and have stepped it up recently. Admittedly with another cloned ride with the Intamin 11 looper at Great Xingdong.
MCC1.png
MCC2.png

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
In the animation (0:07) the first car appears to miss the end of the track! :p

Ben

CF Legend
What does MCC stand for (the knock-off manufacturer)?

Please stop with this racist bull****.

Just because a company is Chinese does not make them a ‘knock-off’

The coaster world is fullll of every major manufacturer building something someone has already done somewhere else - but it’s only a ‘knock off’ when it’s in China.

Not that you’re ever going to actually ride a Chinese ride for yourself to care anyway.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Please stop with this racist bull****.

Just because a company is Chinese does not make them a ‘knock-off’

The coaster world is fullll of every major manufacturer building something someone has already done somewhere else - but it’s only a ‘knock off’ when it’s in China.

Not that you’re ever going to actually ride a Chinese ride for yourself to care anyway.
There is absolutely nothing racist about what I said... It's a Chinese company... Knocking off X-Scream... It's a knock-off.

At what point did I say knock-offs are exclusive to China? I didn't. That's bull****.