What's new

Have you ever considered relocating to be nearer favourite parks?

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Has anyone ever considered moving/relocating to be closer to certain parks? Have you ever thought about and looked into relocating to a different country for the same reason?
Have you ever done a Career opportunities flutter in certain countries where you're favourite rides/park are located? Have you ever thought 'Id like to learn XYZ language, so I can move here one day' and be near my beloved XYZ park?

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Kinda? Not to a different country... but when leaving Boston, Massachusetts and the chance to move to Orlando, Florida came along.. it wasn't so hard to go with that. haha. Also worth noting while the same country it was still a move of 1,300 miles // 2092 km
Not my favorite coaster/park..... but lots of them! (and I guess I do enjoy BGT a lot)
Although there were many other contributing factors, parks did sweeten the deal.

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
Currently learning German so i can one day spend some time travelling around Germany/Austria.
Already done Europa so would love to revisit and do all the other parks in Germany. Phantasialand is next on the agenda once Fly opens.. Which could take a couple of decades..

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^Learning the language to travel around Germany and Austria isn't quite the same as considering relocating there just to be closer to those parks.
As for me - No. +1

JoshC.

Strata Poster
My decision to move somewhere would never solely be based around being close to a certain park.

How close I am to some park, and how easy it is to travel to other parks, would, however, influence my decision. I would be hesitant about moving somewhere if I had to travel a solid 2-3 hours minimum just to get to one park / an airport, for example.

This probably isn't helped by the fact I've lived just outside London most of my life, so I've been a bit spoilt for choice in that sense.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
No, because that would be an extremely stupid way to organise your life.

Sure, if you get offered a job somewhere that happens to be close to parks, that's a nice bonus and might be a slight consideration I guess, but that's as far as it goes.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
No, because that would be an extremely stupid way to organise your life.

Sure, if you get offered a job somewhere that happens to be close to parks, that's a nice bonus and might be a slight consideration I guess, but that's as far as it goes.
Wait. You're telling me that's not the reason you moved to Hong Kong? To be near all the rare China creds and rub it in goons faces.

Yeah, if that's priority for a move, you need to reasses.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
I think living in Belgium is pretty great, because several good parks are nearby. For example, I live in Herentals in the north of Belgium. Bobbejaanland (not the best park I know, but hey) is about 10 minutes away from my doorstep, Walibi Belgium is a 50 minute drive, Plopsaland and Bellewaerde approx. 1,5 hours. Efteling is an hour away, Walibi Holland 2 hours, Phantasialand 2 hours aswell, Disney 4 hours and Europa Park 5 hours.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Nah. In fact I moved from an area with many great parks within 4 hours to a place where theres none at all within 4 hours!
At most it'd be a perk. Like if conditions were right and I felt it best, thats what matters. BUT if it happens to be near Cedar Point, well that'd be awesome but no I'd never move for that.

Scottingtonville

Upstop Media
Staff member
Social Media Team
Relocating from Chicago to Orlando was a bit of a change. I love having theme parks open 24/7 year round! Neither my favorite park nor my favorite coaster is in Florida, but the selection is outstanding. I moved here to save tax money and escape the winter, but can say that being close to so many parks was a contributing factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coop

Roller Poster
I’m moving from the Aberdeen, Scotland with the nearest park (BPB) being a 5-6 hour drive to relocate to Manchester next weekend with one of the main reasons being closer to several parks and closer to a better airport for international parks. More opportunities to go to CF Lives and meet more like minded people. Trying to drag non enthusiasts to parks has become tiresome haha.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
I will say, I am currently in the very early stages of looking into moving, and really anywhere is up for grabs but I would like greatly to go (back) to the Northeast, the DC area, or ideally California. This would be for opportunity, love of the area, etc etc parks will not factor in it. That said it would be a great perk as there would be quality parks near me/Im close to many than I am now. But that aint why I am looking at those areas, itd just be a bonus.
(Sorry to FL, I just am not a Disney person, Universal is better ,BGT better still but even that is not enough to keep me (even with a coming RMC!))

Fi

Mega Poster
Kinda. I’ve relocated twice to work at parks if that counts? Once was for a summer job at Cedar Point, which was the dream, and then I moved from Canada to England for a job at a park here.

Also, it wasn’t the primary reason for buying my flat where I did, but I was aware it was close to Thorpe, Chessie and airports with good flight options to some of my favourite European parks when deciding where to live. The novelty of living near Thorpe and Chessie wore off after about a season, and before the live in March I hadn’t visited in years, though might start going back more.

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
I'm very much pining for a move to my company's offices in Dublin Ohio which is a nice distance from Cedar Point and Kings Island ( my 2 favourite parks) and its also inbetween my 2 favourite US sports teams the Colts and the Indians. It would also get me out of this ass of a country that the UK is becoming