What's new

Mirabilandia | Desmo Race | Maurer Spike Dragster

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I also misread the question as well TBF; thought it was about total investment, not just the ride.

Stumbled across this again though (exact source unknown), suggesting the total investment is around €25m?!

8N4ERmE.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I also misread the question as well TBF; thought it was about total investment, not just the ride.

Stumbled across this again though (exact source unknown), suggesting the total investment is around €25m?!

8N4ERmE.jpg
That sounds like it could include all of the paths, shops, etc for the whole area, so likely a few million (at least, 5?) more than just the cred?

JoshC.

Strata Poster
That sounds like it could include all of the paths, shops, etc for the whole area, so likely a few million (at least, 5?) more than just the cred?

Oh definitely, that's very much the full package. But that still sounds like a crazy amount to me! Just as a random example, Swarm at Thorpe was marketerd as an investment of £18-20m, which in today's money is €24-27m.

A B&M, the theming, infrastructure and the infilling of land costing basically the same as a couple of (albeit, technologically cool) powered coasters and the associated buildings, pathways and stuff. Just not what I expected!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I remember reading somewhere that Parques Reunidos had planned to put a total of €30 million worth of investments into their parks this year. Given that the Bobbejaanland coaster must have cost a few million too, and they have some other minor things coming to other parks (the American parks are run by a subsidiary company, so that - i.e. Steel Curtain - might go on another budget), an expense of 25 million in Mirabilandia can't have all been on their budget. It seems like Ducati must have contributed significantly to the bill for this.

Lofty

CF Legend
I don't feel that's a lot of money, at all? For a whole new area? In essence, they're getting two coasters, an indoor area, a new restaurant, all of the paths, wayfinding etc., not to mention the cost of actually licensing the Ducati brand.

SwitchbackFanboy742

Roller Poster
Time Traveller was 25 million. This looks to bea large new land, a prototype ride and a fairly large ride in that, or at least it has a complex coaster car. Thats probably what makes projects like these to be very expensive.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Time Traveller was 25 million. This looks to bea large new land, a prototype ride and a fairly large ride in that, or at least it has a complex coaster car. Thats probably what makes projects like these to be very expensive.
The coaster itself seems to be designed for low cost, though. Bi-rail most of the way through the layout (reinforced in some places), with pretty few and simple supports, and it never goes very high off the ground either. And it has no big technical installations as far as I can tell, all the machinery is in the cars. As far as coasters go, this one appears to be on the cheaper side. The cars could be rather expensive, however, but probably less so than a conventional coaster train with six cars, two dozen sets of restraints, and rows upon rows of wheel assemblies.

SwitchbackFanboy742

Roller Poster
The coaster itself seems to be designed for low cost, though. Bi-rail most of the way through the layout (reinforced in some places), with pretty few and simple supports, and it never goes very high off the ground either. And it has no big technical installations as far as I can tell, all the machinery is in the cars. As far as coasters go, this one appears to be on the cheaper side. The cars could be rather expensive, however, but probably less so than a conventional coaster train with six cars, two dozen sets of restraints, and rows upon rows of wheel assemblies.
I agree, but how i see it is that all of the motors are in the cars. You go from one launch or like one lift for each side to having a decent sized motor in every car, which id assume its not a small motor, itll have enough horsepower to be able to move this most likely very heavy car and 2 fully grown adults. Also the sponsorship tax is a small but still a factor for its cost. Also, because of its funky track id assume it may be harder and more complex to fabricate it, whcih id assume they can ship this in larger pieves of track compared to a conventional ride, but that also likely makes shipping more expensive.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Here's a cool video of an overview of Ducati World, and also testing of Desmo Race, and it looks to go pretty damn fast!
Video by Theme Park Worldwide.

Looks a lot better than that piece of **** at Skyline Park. In fact, I think this looks like a lot of fun! Does this also have speed control like that does? I can't see if this appears too.

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Interesting, that is quite a bit faster than I expected. I still have my reservations about the 'stacking' that will happen if you get stuck behind someone, but at least there's promise that this could be good.

Maybe the one at Skyline was toned down a lot as the prototype.

Yeah definitely looks a bit more rapid than I expected. Does anyone know when this will be open? Or if it will be a separate entry charge like Ferrari land at Port Aventura?
Due to visit at the end of May and would like to give it a go if I can.

iac17

Mega Poster
looks like you may get some airtime during the ride.
i'm starting to like this ride now, it may end up way being better than we thought
Yeah definitely looks a bit more rapid than I expected. Does anyone know when this will be open? Or if it will be a separate entry charge like Ferrari land at Port Aventura?
Due to visit at the end of May and would like to give it a go if I can.
No the admission is included with the park, it's not like ferrari land that is a separate park ducatiland is just a new themed area of the park

Ethan

Strata Poster
Looks like it might be a little rough in places, given how much the seats can be seen shaking, but defiantly a little better than I thought it would be. I mean, I personally still hate everything about this, but now I hate it all a little less!

EthC

Mega Poster
I mean this is a bit of a thread bump lol, and I am only asking this as I am now going on October, but what is happening with this does anyone know? They seemed set for a spring opening and it has now gone very quiet, like the rest of the area is open but not this still, with no open date set for it other than it's coming soon. Does anyone happen to know why it is still not open?

I mean this is a bit of a thread bump lol, and I am only asking this as I am now going on October, but what is happening with this does anyone know? They seemed set for a spring opening and it has now gone very quiet, like the rest of the area is open but not this still, with no open date set for it other than it's coming soon. Does anyone happen to know why it is still not open?
I was there on May 25th and it looks pretty much done. The queuline needed a couple bits done to it like the sign needs to be put up and there were some screens that needed to be put up as well, but that was about it. There were some engineers crawling all over the station and the trains but there didn't look like there was a lot more to be done in the station cosmetically. Air gates and control room looked all finished. There were also signs around saying that it would be open in Summer. So you should be absolutely fine to get on it in October.

KrassesMoped

Roller Poster
Visited this Monday, its not open, but frequently testing with people. There's one more Ducati attraction closed (Scrambler Run) and also Divertical.