What's new

Walibi Holland | Untamed | RMC Robin Hood Conversion

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
Took a few photos yesterday, the sign is nice! Was our first visit to Walibi Holland and I was a bit disappointed. This will have to be something really special to bring us back, but it's looking kind of small and basic so far.

Attachments

• IMG_20190406_115619_569.jpg
    IMG_20190406_115619_569.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 80

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
Small and basic so far.

Are you freagin kidding me? Look, I'm not the most experienced RMC rider, but I've been on TC, Joker, and NTG. This thing looks awesome. Maybe it's not a hyper coaster, but it looks sick. Everything is there. Have you ever ridden an RMC? Just the first drop back row alone in every RMC is worth it in my opinion. What would you have wanted? And yeah, look, I've never been to Walibi Holland, and it doesn't seem like there's too much there ride wise, but my home park for the longest time was SFMM, so.... I mean with Goliath and now this, I would seriously go there for a day if I was in the Benelux area.

And the first element looks awesome so far. Hopefully it will roll back the other way into another inversion. If not, and it rolls out, it will still be cool and probably provide some great air in the back row like some of the overbanks on NTG.

Ethan

Strata Poster
And the first element looks awesome so far. Hopefully it will roll back the other way into another inversion. If not, and it rolls out, it will still be cool and probably provide some great air in the back row like some of the overbanks on NTG.
We literally had a photo posted on this thread just hours ago confirming a double roll...

Pascii20

Roller Poster
We literally had a photo posted on this thread just hours ago confirming a double roll...
If you are refering to the picture Antinos posted, i myself can not really tell if it will be a continuous 720 roll or if it will roll back in opposite direction making it a 270 to 270 roll.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
A couple of nice photos of the drop from Scott on Facebook:-
56293808_2267377350187805_6556646737056890880_n.jpg

56924832_2268015316790675_5138172833377026048_n.jpg

And here is a pretty awesome construction tour from Pleasure Beach Experience @Scott88 on YouTube:-

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Thanks for sharing @CrashCoaster! I still have my concerns about the restraint style on RMC coasters, but as far as the layout goes, it looks like an incredible coaster and I can't wait to get back over there for the Untamed opening day!

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, there's literally no issues with the RMC restraint that I've faced so far? They're actually incredibly comfortable.

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
Are you freagin kidding me? Look, I'm not the most experienced RMC rider, but I've been on TC, Joker, and NTG. This thing looks awesome. Maybe it's not a hyper coaster, but it looks sick. Everything is there. Have you ever ridden an RMC? Just the first drop back row alone in every RMC is worth it in my opinion. What would you have wanted?
I've only done Twisted Colossus and Wildfire so far (Steel Vengeance in May!) But to me it doesn't have anything to make it stand out, Wildfire has the location and size, TC has the duelling elements, not sure what this will have. I'd love to be wrong!

vaugc002

Mega Poster
I've only done Twisted Colossus and Wildfire so far (Steel Vengeance in May!) But to me it doesn't have anything to make it stand out, Wildfire has the location and size, TC has the duelling elements, not sure what this will have. I'd love to be wrong!

Yawn at this weak reasoning.
If a hybrid woodie with five inversions, 14 airtime moments and an 80-degree drop doesn't do it for you then I'm not sure much will.
There's nothing else like this in Europe atm but it's not good enough huh? Sigh

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
I'm surprised at the hostility here, but sorry for riling you up!

I'm just going from what I saw when we went and looked at it on Saturday, I absolutely loved TC and I know lots of you don't rate it, but I found Wildfire a bit boring after the first half. This was smaller than I expected and while I'm sure it'll be fun, it's not a big enough deal to make me desperate to come pack to Walibi Holland. Like I keep saying ,I'd love to be wrong and for this to be amazing, it just didn't look very amazing yet in person.

Sandman

Giga Poster

Well it's only the 2nd RMC in Europe and will be the most accessible for most Europeans, so that will make it stand out in a different way. Sure it doesn't have any gimmicks such as dueling elements, but if it rides well then it's not going to need any.