What's new

Walibi Holland | Untamed | RMC Robin Hood Conversion

Pear

Strata Poster
Judging a ride before riding it is a fair thing to do as long as you admit that your opinion could change when you ride.

However, judging a ride before you even know the ****ing layout is another level of stupid.

Luca B

Mega Poster
I do understand why some people would be slightly annoyed there seeming to be more of a focus on inversions instead of airtime, but I trust RMC to make sure the ride still has a lot of variety and doesn’t feel repetitive. Also I’m sure that they can still cram quite a few airtime hills in despite the greater amount of inversions featured on this coaster. I’m still going to keep an open mind until we get more information on the layout, and still it’s an RMC, so it’s garuanteed to at least be a decent ride.

Lofty

CF Legend
Just caught that, fair point.

Still, I feel 5 is easy to fit into the layout, especially if this has a TC style turnaround, a Zero G stall and another Zero G. They only need to add one more inversion and they've done it.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Off topic, but if that "new ride system" they're referring to is the T-Rex, it's interesting that Schilke would want Six Flags to have the first. I guess it makes sense because due to their strong relationship, but if that's true then it's going to crush a lot of Cedar Point fanboys' dreams lol.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
Off topic, but if that "new ride system" they're referring to is the T-Rex, it's interesting that Schilke would want Six Flags to have the first. I guess it makes sense because due to their strong relationship, but if that's true then it's going to crush a lot of Cedar Point fanboys' dreams lol.
It's not the T-Rex. If I remember correctly I saw an interview (or read an article) where they said the T-Rex isn't the new concept. It could be the thing between the Rex and Raptor though (although I still think that is not realy a "New" ride system)
Just caught that, fair point.

Still, I feel 5 is easy to fit into the layout, especially if this has a TC style turnaround, a Zero G stall and another Zero G. They only need to add one more inversion and they've done it.
And remember there is going to be the "Unique" element aswell (It could be that the element is not an inversion, but I think it will)

Hutch

Strata Poster
It's not the T-Rex. If I remember correctly I saw an interview (or read an article) where they said the T-Rex isn't the new concept. It could be the thing between the Rex and Raptor though (although I still think that is not realy a "New" ride system)
I guess it could be that. I just assumed T-Rex because we haven't seen one built yet (although I would argue it's still a new system). Although I guess if they were referring to T-Rex they would've simply said "T-Rex" instead of vague "new ride system."

bernatc22

Mega Poster
Great fit for the park. Now they'll have a great airtime coaster, a fun mixed coaster (Lost Gravity) and an awesome looping coaster with -hopefully- some airtime.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Not sure what to think about the inversion record. Upside-downness is not my favourite thing on RMCs (save for Stalls, these are awesome!) and I'm concerned the number of inversions will reduce the amount of airtime hills on the layout. Curious to see if Alan Schilke came up with some really cool new elements.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
Not sure what to think about the inversion record. Upside-downness is not my favourite thing on RMCs (save for Stalls, these are awesome!) and I'm concerned the number of inversions will reduce the amount of airtime hills on the layout. Curious to see if Alan Schilke came up with some really cool new elements.
Neither am I a fan of forcefull inversions. But the kind of floaty inversions I' d do every day. (True zero-g rolls and inversions like on Blue Fire) its still a bit like an airtime hill, but then upside down :p

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Neither am I a fan of forcefull inversions. But the kind of floaty inversions I' d do every day. (True zero-g rolls and inversions like on Blue Fire) its still a bit like an airtime hill, but then upside down :p

Now I think about it, what are the chances of a Blue Fire-style Heartline Roll? We never got that on an RMC so far - only Zero-G-ish Rolls and Corkscrews - and that would be a good way to reach the 5 inversion record.