What's new

Most New Credits in One Year?

Howie

Donkey in a hat
So this year I've done 210 new coasters so far, going from 208 to 418 so I have more than doubled my entire cred count in a year, which is quite frankly ridiculous!

Yes. Yes it is. You could end up with the Cred Whore of the Year award! (Although Mestnyi' is catching you up^)

I'll finish the year with 80 new creds (78 of those from 1 trip :) ) which is still fairly whore-ish I'll grant you... but over 200 is insane!

2018 - 80
2017 - 49
2016 - 34
2015 - 3 :oops:
2014 - 27

Next year probably won't be as cred-intensive, not new ones anyway, but I'm hoping to reach 400, which means I need 62 or more. Where can I get those from I wonder...

Matt N

CF Legend
Next year probably won't be as cred-intensive, not new ones anyway, but I'm hoping to reach 400, which means I need 62 or more. Where can I get those from I wonder...
How many are you destined to get on the Calirado trip that you mentioned in the 2019 trip plans thread?

Also, a trip to Florida could potentially net you a fair few new credits next year, depending on when you last went!

As for me, next year likely won't be as cred-intensive for me as this year was. I'm still in disbelief that I got 17 new credits this year without even leaving the UK! By my standards, that's insane! Whereas in 2019, unless I visit anywhere new in the UK, the maximum number of credits I stand to gain next year is 9, as I've got the creds at Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom to get, as well as potentially the other side of Primeval Whirl at Animal Kingdom and G Force at Drayton Manor, which spited me this year.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
How many are you destined to get on the Calirado trip that you mentioned in the 2019 trip plans thread?

Also, a trip to Florida could potentially net you a fair few new credits next year, depending on when you last went!

Well, funny you mentioned that, our plan for next year was originally to go back to Florida for a week, and then drive up to Dollywood via SFOG. Haven't been to Florida since 2007 so there's, what? At least 10 new creds available there, plus about 20 from the other 2 parks, so that would have been a healthy boost to the count all in all.
But then a mate of mine (non-goon) recently went on a West Coast road trip ( San Fran, LA, Vegas, Yosemite etc...) and when me n Mrs Howie saw all the pictures on Facetube we were both like 'Screw Florida, let's go back there!'
So that's what we're doing. It means taking a small drop in creds - there'll only be CGA, SFDK, Santa Cruz Boardwalk (Lost Boys cred, gotta have it!), The Adenturedome in Vegas and Glenwood Caverns, so about 20 in total, 25 maybe?
But I gotta say, I'm more excited about this trip than I was for FloriDolly. In an ideal world we'd be able to do both trips in one year, but short of a lottery win or a massive promotion for me Julie, that ain't gonna happen. :(

Matt N

CF Legend
Well, funny you mentioned that, our plan for next year was originally to go back to Florida for a week, and then drive up to Dollywood via SFOG. Haven't been to Florida since 2007 so there's, what? At least 10 new creds available there, plus about 20 from the other 2 parks, so that would have been a healthy boost to the count all in all.
But then a mate of mine (non-goon) recently went on a West Coast road trip ( San Fran, LA, Vegas, Yosemite etc...) and when me n Mrs Howie saw all the pictures on Facetube we were both like 'Screw Florida, let's go back there!'
So that's what we're doing. It means taking a small drop in creds - there'll only be CGA, SFDK, Santa Cruz Boardwalk (Lost Boys cred, gotta have it!), The Adenturedome in Vegas and Glenwood Caverns, so about 20 in total, 25 maybe?
But I gotta say, I'm more excited about this trip than I was for FloriDolly. In an ideal world we'd be able to do both trips in one year, but short of a lottery win or a massive promotion for me Julie, that ain't gonna happen. :(
Always a 2020 possibility! Besides, Universal are rumoured to be opening a JP coaster in 2020, so there's an additional +1!

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^That's the trouble with Florida - every time you start planning to go, something gets announced, meaning you have to delay another year. Stupid Florida.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
This year has been my best year by far with both the Spain and America trips completed. Unsure of exact numbers but it must have added around 100 new coasters to my count, 58 of them on the America trip alone!

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
While I haven't really started counting since last year, I have no doubt in my mind that this year is my best. I've ridden 21 different coasters so far this year, but I'm hoping to reach at least 75 by the end of the year for my Disney World band trip!

Matt N

CF Legend
While I haven't really started counting since last year, I have no doubt in my mind that this year is my best. I've ridden 21 different coasters so far this year, but I'm hoping to reach at least 75 by the end of the year for my Disney World band trip!
Have fun! Have you ever been to Florida before, and if you have, are you visiting anywhere else?

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Have fun! Have you ever been to Florida before, and if you have, are you visiting anywhere else?
Yes, I've been to Florida before. And while my band may go back after a few days, I think my family and I will stay down there. I'm hoping I can at least go to Seaworld Orlando!

Matt N

CF Legend
Yes, I've been to Florida before. And while my band may go back after a few days, I think my family and I will stay down there. I'm hoping I can at least go to Seaworld Orlando!
I look forward to your thoughts on Mako! And the rest of the Florida parks you visit, of course!

mo237

Roller Poster
2012- 5
2013- 1
2014- 8
2015- 12
2016- 13
2017- 4
2018- 27
So this year was the most succesful by far, the week in Europe helped a lot!

EndlessWire

Mega Poster
Financially and practically I find it tricky to rack them up like most on here, but I've reached 21 so far this year which is by far my best. Hoping to take it up to 22 if Wicker Man plays ball on Friday (or even 23 if I feel like grabbing the Octonauts credit)!

Lucy

Hyper Poster
My best year for new creds so far has been this year with the USA road trip I went on - 122 new coasters :)

Peet

Giga Poster
2019 review time: I got 46 creds this year which is 1 more than my previous Personal Best. I also did a little extra data analysis and did a UK/non-UK split on my bar chart. You can really see that I left university and got a job in 2012 just by looking at the increase in non-UK creds since then!
1572645648017.png

cookie

Giga Poster
In 2016 I went from 53 to 81 counted coasters in the span of one April to August period. Happened because I visited a lot of new parks (Heide-Park, Europa, Kolmården and Gröna Lund) and scored one or two missed credits in previously visited ones. Slowed down a lot since due to personal finances and lack of appealing new parks easy for me to reach.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Let's see what I can remember off of the top of my head...I apparently didn't document my numbers very well:

2019 - +36 (season isn't quite over but I'll only add one more if I do add another)
2018 - +39
2017 - +62
2016 - +12
2015 - +19
2014 - +4
2013 - +1
2012 - +9
2011 -
2010 - +63
2009 - +43
2008 - +25
2007 - +36
2006 - +13
2005 - +17
2004 - +35
2003 - +8
2002 - +14
2001 - +11
2000 - +11
1999 - +1
199? - +2

Yeah...I just spent way too long doing this. Numbers prior to 2008 are a bit blurry since it's hard to remember when I rode what at Cedar Point and Kings Island. I don't even remember when I crossed the 54" barrier so some of my early numbers are guesses. It's quite clear when my family was traveling by large amusement parks, when I was in college, and when I was able to take my own coaster focused trips following graduation.

Nick13

Mega Poster
2018 was by far my biggest year to date with 167 new creds, thanks to a huge 3 week road trip in the US!

This year was supposed to be a quieter one after that, but currently on +111 with the Madrid parks still to go at the end of November. We decided not to bother with renewing the Merlin passes this year and put the money towards cheap flights to new European parks!