What's new

Six Flags Great America | Maxx Force | S&S Air Launch

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hopefully has a dual load station, at the very least. Otherwise I fear ATI might be right*.

*I don't fear ATI being correct, I fear the throughout of the ride if he is. ;)

tomahawk

Strata Poster
That looks amazing and that launch. I'm happy that this is now technically closer to me than SFMM.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Matt N

CF Legend
So it would seem that Screamscape's prediction was correct once again! Now my question is; why did they start their teasers in the waterpark?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Hopefully has a dual load station, at the very least. Otherwise I fear ATI might be right*.

*I don't fear ATI being correct, I fear the throughout of the ride if he is. ;)
Panic over, I was wrong. If you look at when the train launches in the video, you can see a second train loading in the station. Thank God it will have 2 trains.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Panic over, I was wrong. If you look at when the train launches in the video, you can see a second train loading in the station. Thank God it will have 2 trains.
It'll be interesting to know where they locate the blocks then. There must be something behind the station, to allow for stacking if something goes wrong in the station.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
It'll be interesting to know where they locate the blocks then. There must be something behind the station, to allow for stacking if something goes wrong in the station.
As the person above me has just said, the station building can fit two trains at once. I don't know where the transfer is though. Same with WCR.

Edward M

Strata Poster
I've always wanted to try out a properly huge S&S air launch, now there's one with a 60 mph Zero G Roll and just some crazy **** inversions all over it right outside Chicago?
giphy.gif

This has also given me a newfound excitement for Steel Curtain with its weird inversions and general uniqueness. I really hope this year is S&S's coming out party in America.

Ben

CF Legend
As far as I am aware of, their air launch coasters don't have as many issues as some of their recent US coasters.

Yeah, I got a great ride on Hypersonic and Ring Racer last weekend, the air launches have no problems ever!

The launch will be great but honestly it’ll never work and it does absolutely **** all so people saying it’ll be the best thing in the park need to check themselves.

Pear

Strata Poster
From what I've heard Ring Racer's issues were due to the park making modifications to the ride without approval from S&S.

I haven't heard much problems about the S&S launchers in China or Dodonpa though. Hypersonic isn't exactly a valid comparison seeing as how much S&S has changed since then.

Snoo

The Legend
Yeah, I got a great ride on Hypersonic and Ring Racer last weekend, the air launches have no problems ever!

The launch will be great but honestly it’ll never work and it does absolutely :emoji_zipper_mouth: all so people saying it’ll be the best thing in the park need to check themselves.

Fact. Goliath is clearly superior. While this is interesting and does look to be fun.. it doesn't do A LOT. Of course.. with this day of announcements.. there isn't much to go on.

Matt N

CF Legend
Correct me if I'm wrong, but would that bunny hop after the launch potentially take Steel Vengeance's record for world's fastest airtime hill?

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
**** yes to more S&S Air Launchers.
Looks a bit short and the inversions are a bit weird, except for that heartline roll of death. But overall it looks great and it's nice to see Six Flags thinking a bit outside the box this year.

Matt N

CF Legend
I just realised; the video says that the ride is the park's 17th coaster, but in reality, it's their 15th. I know they have a Super Loop, but what other pseudo-coaster does SFGAm have, out of interest?