What's new

Six Flags Great America | Maxx Force | S&S Air Launch

Pear

Strata Poster
Maxx Force S&S Launch!

Maxx Force, the new triple record-breaking launch coaster!
Introducing the triple-record breaking launch coaster, Maxx Force! This revolutionary new coaster will be the fastest launch coaster in North America! Reach speeds of 78 miles per hour in under two seconds on this incredible record-breaker, featuring the fastest inversion and tallest double inversion of any roller coaster in the world.

sunset_lowres_wideshot.png

sunset_lowres_ragingbullmaxxforce.png

sunset_lowres_fullyinverted.png

sunset_lowres_twist.png

sunset_lowres_corkedroll.png

screen_shot_from_broll.png

sunset_lowres_incline.png

sunsetscreenshotdogtongueelement.png

https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/attractions/newfor2019

Last edited:

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Shut up and take my money! I love it! Looks snappy and aggressive as hell and I love the little hop after the launch! Completely took me off guard with this one, it’s the launch coaster they need!

kenny cook

Mega Poster
DID SOMEONE SAY 80MPH AIRTIME HILL?! WOW!! Six Flags definitely hit a left field ball with this one, can't wait to see what a major success it is!! I'm going to take a wild guess and say that in the front row, it'll be the best in the park, and in any other row, top 4 for sure, wow, still can't believe how good this looks

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Looks like it could be pretty insane, and something a bit different for the United States. I know Powder Keg exists, but this is obviously much more thrill-targeted. Interesting to see Six Flags Great America get another coaster - SF has really been taking care of this park in that regard these past years.

Sadly it probably won’t be open for my trip next year because S&S.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I just came over from the SFMM thread, lamenting the fact that it hasn't got a headliner coaster at all since Tatsu. By contrast, SFGAm almost seems like it operates outside the chain. It got only an Intamin impulse and a Superman clone during the crazy years of 2000-2006, when every other park got record breakers left and right. In 2008-2010, it followed the company line with a wild mouse clone and an awfully old second-hand woodie bought cheaply at an auction, and then suddenly the game was stepped up to a level not seen by any other Six Flags park. A unique Wing Coaster in 2012, back when the ride type was brand sparkling new. A 50 meter tall from-the-ground-up RMC, still the tallest coaster built in the chain since the 2006 crash. One of the Joker rides in 2017, for good measure. And now another huge coaster with a unique layout. All this while other parks in the chain might only have gotten the Joker during that time period. Who the heck is managing this park? Three custom-designed headline coasters in seven years, plus the filler coaster. Why do they get the money, and why do only they get the money? Doesn't really matter, I'm impressed either way.

Matt N

CF Legend
Oh wow! This looks simply amazing, if you ask me! Those rolls look really snappy, and the launch should be awesome at 80mph! An amazing fit for SFGAm, if you ask me! The S&S launchers in China have reviewed well, so I'm optimistic that this will be really good, and something a bit different!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Looks short, will probably have a similar ride duration as Kingda Ka, and looks to only run one train. But it looks awesome, and is just what the park and the country needs. As far as I am aware of, their air launch coasters don't have as many issues as some of their recent US coasters.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Looks short, will probably have a similar ride duration as Kingda Ka, and looks to only run one train. But it looks awesome, and is just what the park and the country needs. As far as I am aware of, their air launch coasters don't have as many issues as some of their recent US coasters.
How can you possibly speculate it will run on one train from that video?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The Immelmann (with brakes) looks to connect directly to the station at the back, and there doesn't look to be a transfer before the launch, making 2 train operation unlikely.

EDIT 1:- I've just realized, this only has 2-across by 2 deep seating, much like Ring Racer, and not like all the newer versions in Asia.

EDIT 2:- This video has ride stats on it:-

Last edited:

peep

CF Legend
S&S air launch?!! Six Flags are making some unusual choices this year and I love it.

The ride looks a little short but those inversions look sweet and that launch will be amazing.