What's new

Six Flags St Louis removing Excalibur?

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. Sorry if this already has a thread, but according to Screamscape, Six Flags St Louis has put their Excalibur ride up for sale:
Screamscape said:
Park News - (8/25/18) It sounds like Six Flags St. Louis is now removing the park’s Excalibur ride, one of only a handful of park model Evolution XL rides created by Nauta Bussink. We had started to hear rumors of the rides demise not long ago, but now a reader came across a for-sale add for it posted to Amusement-Rides.com, listed as Evolution XL - Nauta but the photo used for it shows it off as the way it looked when it ran at Six Flags Great Adventure as just plain “Evolution”.
Interesting... potential 2019 ride location, anyone?

James F

Hyper Poster
Shame as that ride type is quite rare for amusement parks, even if they are quite common in the fair circuit.

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

rideguy70

Mega Poster
Just for the record, this Evolution is not the same as the Evolution that travels across most carnivals (at least, in the US/West Coast... it may be different in Europe). Ours is manufactured by Fabbri, and the cars are titled back hydraulically. This means they can be tilted back to the "upright" position at any time, and in fact many models do on the last loop, so that you're left spinning upside-down at the top.

On the Nauta Bussink model, the cars are entirely freeswinging. It also seems much, much larger. The cars also have speakers in them for the riders to hear the ride op and/or music, which the Fabbri doesn't have. The swaying nature of the freeswinging, in addition to its massive size, makes it much more unnerving and intense to me. But I'm sure they've got to be a pain to maintain. Really, I'm surprised Six Flags kept it around this long.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
No this is not the same on as the one in SFSTL. We’re pretty sure this one is from a closed Asian park and has been on that website for awhile. After going through that website it appears they regularly use “stock” photos of rides to advertise ones for sale

Matt N

CF Legend
No this is not the same on as the one in SFSTL. We’re pretty sure this one is from a closed Asian park and has been on that website for awhile. After going through that website it appears they regularly use “stock” photos of rides to advertise ones for sale
Ah right, so they might not be removing it. Thanks @Swoosh!