What's new

Kennywood | Steel Curtain | S&S Multi-looper

Jstanich

Roller Poster
Ya it does, but I don’t think we’ll have to wait much longer for an announcement. The parks director of PR was on tv the other day. He said they wanted to draw this out longer but things happened that made them move their timeline up on it and they should be making an announcement in the near future.

Matt N

CF Legend
Ya it does, but I don’t think we’ll have to wait much longer for an announcement. The parks director of PR was on tv the other day. He said they wanted to draw this out longer but things happened that made them move their timeline up on it and they should be making an announcement in the near future.
Thanks @Jstanich for the info! I did hear 2nd August get thrown around as an announcement date, but I reckon it could be sooner because we only have one scratch card left, and I think they'll probably reveal it when the last scratch card is scratched off.

Snoo

The Legend
No. They’ve never actually confirmed that’s it’s a coaster

It's a coaster. They obviously haven't confirmed because they haven't announced it yet. But there isn't one sign saying this isn't a coaster, including the sources, both stated on here as well as others I know within the industry.

Jstanich

Roller Poster
It's a coaster. They obviously haven't confirmed because they haven't announced it yet. But there isn't one sign saying this isn't a coaster, including the sources, both stated on here as well as others I know within the industry.
Oh absolutely it’s a coaster. I was just answering Matt’s question on if KW ever confirmed that it was.

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster

So it’s definitely a coaster, judging by the footers in the lagoon, but the argument that something is guranteed because there’s no proof against it is kind of a fallacy, as you can’t really prove a negative. With that logic it could just as easily be a flat ride because there isn’t one sign saying this isn’t a flat ride.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Well looks like this has escalated quickly! With all these numbers, I think it's time to make a final guess...

Gerstlauer Infinity
Triple shuttle launch (think Gold Rush) up to 75 mph, 197 foot initial ascent, 220 foot drop, 9 inversions, 120 second ride time, 50 foot rear spike, 4000 feet long, 6 cars with 4 riders per car making for 24 riders per train

Hearing this is supposed to be a record breaker, and the national inversion record seems like a good one for this ride system. But I have another guess. Much less likely, but I'd also love to throw this out as a secondary possibility...

S&S Air Launch
Air launch up to 75 mph, 197 foot initial ascent, 220 foot drop, 120 foot loop or other tallest inversion, 9 airtime moments, 50 second ride time, , 4000 feet long, 3 trains with 6 cars with 4 riders per car making for 24 riders per train

Definitely leaning more towards the infinity though, despite other S&S rumors. The 197 and 220 are certainly heights, the 120 could be either a height or a ride time, the 50 might be a ride time or could be something else (ride time is also kind of a subjective stat), 24 I'm almost certain is a capacity figure, 9 is probably a count of some type of element on the ride, 3 could either be an element count or capacity, 75 is probably a speed but I wouldn't necessarily rule it out as a ride time either.

Can't wait to see! I sadly work tonight so I won't be able to find out the second it drops as I'll be asleep tomorrow but man will it be a nice surprise to wake up to! I'm excited, both this and Dorney might get me back to PA for a weekend next year!

Jstanich

Roller Poster
I keep thinking the 404 in the bottom right corner has some kind of meaning. I don’t think that’s been brought up in this thread.

Pear

Strata Poster
So apparently some blueprints have leaked

Screenshot_20180703-223817.png

But it was by our favorite conspiracy theorists Amusement Insiders so I don't know what to make of it

I really don't know what to make of these blueprints. I can't make out a consistent layout for the life of me. The turnaround in the closer section of the photo does look like a raven turn though.