What's new

New Experiences at USA Disney Parks: TRON at MK, Epcot additions, and Marvel at DCA

Lofty

CF Legend
To be fair, Red Force doesn't sound like ANY other LSM coaster I've ever heard - in fact, Taron, Red Force and iSpeed all sound completely different to one another.

Matt N

CF Legend
To be fair, Red Force doesn't sound like ANY other LSM coaster I've ever heard - in fact, Taron, Red Force and iSpeed all sound completely different to one another.
I'd agree with this, actually. But I definitely don't think that the new California Screamin' ones really sound like any of the Intamin ones.

Edward M

Strata Poster
So, Incredicoaster had a media day. Here's the official highlight video as well as a full POV from Theme Park Insider. The full POV doesn't have great audio however.

I'm gonna be honest. It looks like a significant downgrade on California Screamin'. While the coaster wasn't amazing, its soundtrack and kitsch theming elevated it above most Disney coasters. Now, it's just a subpar looper with an, honestly, pretty awful soundtrack. It seems shocking that the figures (not even animatronics?) are so cheaply done and just awful looking. The bunny hop section is especially painful, with tiny figures obviously being held up by poles. Hopefully this is just a cheap quick addition and lands like Marvel Land will impress. God, I hope. Idk, maybe it rides better at night???

Matt N

CF Legend
For a cheap overlay, I'm going to buck the trend and say that I don't think it looks too bad. Sure, the pole figures aren't exactly the best, and I'm not sure whether it was supposed to stop on the one MCBR or not, but it adds some nice elements of narrative to an attraction that previously had none. I use the term narrative very loosely, however.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I think it had potential, but the execution is poor. Not up to what I see as the Disney standard, which is a huge shame. They didn't even bother repainting the coaster, it looks so aged. :(

Robert.W

Roller Poster
I've disliked the entire Pixar Pier development right from the beginning, and seeing it having being executed poorly doesn't help it at all. The idea of putting a cheap Pixar overlay ontop of a themed area that was consistent with, and true to the park's identity – even if it wasn't the best themed area that Disney have ever built – is just ridiculous. The Victorian seaside boardwalk themed Paradise Pier fitted in seamlessly with the rest of the park, whereas Pixar Pier sticks out and honestly feels like a step backwards, as it's adding badly executed and irrelevantly themed attractions back into the park, something which Disney have spent years trying to reverse.. :(

Edward M

Strata Poster
I know there aren’t a ton of Disney fans on the site, but I think the biggest loss is the theming of CA Adventure. For a bit there, after Cars Land but before Guardians, it was a park completely about California. Now, I’m totally fine with Marvel Land... if it’s done well. With Guardians, it appears to be a superior ride to CA’s ToT so I’m fine with it. But, I quite liked Paradise Pier for not being Pixar Pier. The once nice and kitschy boardwalk throwback will look like a current boardwalk, with Disney’s s**t ads all over it. I know it’s a Disney park, but they usually just set themselves to higher thematic standards. Sad to see a park continue to downgrade after finally being fixed. Financially, it makes sense, but, just, gross.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I know there aren’t a ton of Disney fans on the site, but I think the biggest loss is the theming of CA Adventure. For a bit there, after Cars Land but before Guardians, it was a park completely about California. Now, I’m totally fine with Marvel Land... if it’s done well. With Guardians, it appears to be a superior ride to CA’s ToT so I’m fine with it. But, I quite liked Paradise Pier for not being Pixar Pier. The once nice and kitschy boardwalk throwback will look like a current boardwalk, with Disney’s s**t ads all over it. I know it’s a Disney park, but they usually just set themselves to higher thematic standards. Sad to see a park continue to downgrade after finally being fixed. Financially, it makes sense, but, just, gross.
As someone who went when the park opened and the years leading to the massive overhaul, yes. This looks like they are forgetting the issues of a decade ago. Guardians did improve ToT, and having marvel tucked in that area is good, but this wasn't necessary for this ride. You can change the character paneling on the ferris wheel, no biggie, but throwing USH Mummy themeing on the bunny hills in the daylight is offensive.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I have to not care as much anymore otherwise I'll drive myself mad. I think Paradise Pier visually is a better host for parasitic pixar than making room for toy story land or something.

Pear

Strata Poster
What happened to Disney being the standard of quality theming? The theming looks so tacky and bland.