What's new

Top 10(ish): 2024 Edition - page 124

Edward M

Strata Poster
Diamondback- The best of the 3 B&M hypers, love the airtime and the splashdown bit puts it ahead of Behemoth

Behemoth- Great airtime, fun drop and super smooth a really fun ride

Nitro- A lot of the qualities of the other B&M hypers but it seemed a little slower and less forceful than what I remember of the other 2 from the end of last year

You got 3 B&M Hypers over Steel Vengeance and Skyrush? No judgement but...

20-RuPauls-Drag-Race-Gifs-You-Need-In-Your-Life-08.gif

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
You got 3 B&M Hypers over Steel Vengeance and Skyrush? No judgement but...

20-RuPauls-Drag-Race-Gifs-You-Need-In-Your-Life-08.gif
Restraints make rides when you are my size, B&M hypers restraints are so comfortable and add to the ride experience . RMC restraints are so uncomfortable on my legs and thigh crush says it all for sky rush. With B&M type restraints sky rush would easily be the best hyper I've been on

I'm surprised Toro makes his list, no SV and SR so low = guy is a floater.

Toro is enjoyable with comfortable restraints, Sky rush is too but couldn't keep riding due to the pain in my quads after a few rides hence the drop in places

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Restraints make rides when you are my size, B&M hypers restraints are so comfortable and add to the ride experience . RMC restraints are so uncomfortable on my legs and thigh crush says it all for sky rush. With B&M type restraints sky rush would easily be the best hyper I've been on.
Toro is enjoyable with comfortable restraints, Sky rush is too but couldn't keep riding due to the pain in my quads after a few rides hence the drop in places
It's blatantly you're height which is causing you issues, and I'm not surprised, really tall or overweight people do have issues with those restraints. I'm fully aware I'm in the minority around Skyrush, even though I have quite large hamstrings, but I'm in the majority with the RMC ones.

Sorry that your height makes some rides uncomfortable, but I understand why it's an issue.

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
It's blatantly you're height which is causing you issues, and I'm not surprised, really tall or overweight people do have issues with those restraints. I'm fully aware I'm in the minority around Skyrush, even though I have quite large hamstrings, but I'm in the majority with the RMC ones.

Sorry that your height makes some rides uncomfortable, but I understand why it's an issue.

Nobody is as disappointed as me that it is an issue, we are all different shapes and sizes and unfortunately for me as you say my height is an issue on these rides so hence my opinion of not enjoying them so much. The B&M are great as they kind of take my legs out of the equation and go to my waste which is smaller

Pear

Strata Poster
And after my big Coaster Con trip my top 10 has changed quite a bit. I love all of these rides so much and it's hard to decide between them sometimes! Skyrush absolutely blew me away and I'm glad I finally got on it!

1. Steel Vengeance
2. Intimidator 305
3. Taron
4. Twisted Timbers
5. Schwur des Kärnan
6. Storm Chaser
7. Skyrush
8. El Toro
9. Expedition GeForce
10. Wicked Cyclone

11. Top Thrill Dragster
12. Magnum XL-200
13. Maverick
14. Alpengeist
15. X2

Last edited:

Snoo

The Legend

I'm in your camp son with Skyrush. I'm packing those thighs as well. <3

EndlessWire

Mega Poster
Just had a big trip around Europe myself, which has given a drastic reshaping to my top 10/20. (...)
Well, so much for that. Just back from the Pleasure Beach for the first time since February. Despite my going in with deliberately lowered expectations and conscious of trying to see it in isolation rather than boosting it just because I've been waiting for it for years and it's at my favourite park - despite all my good intentions, in other words - I've reached the unavoidable conclusion that every single thing I posted just over a month ago is now wrong.

1. Icon
2. Shambhala
3. Big One
4. Colossos (Heide Park)
5. Grand National
6. The Swarm
7. Wodan
8. Blue Fire
9. Red Force
10. Smiler

11. Oblivion
12. Wild Mouse (BPB)
13. Big Dipper (BPB)
14. Furius Baco
15. Revolution
16. Stealth
17. Kumali
18. Nemesis
19. Rutschebanen (Tivoli)
20. Avalanche

I don't know if I just got it on a really good day, but Icon completely blew me away today. Obscene airtime, relentless, forceful, artful hangtime and inversions and crucially completely reride-able. I was honestly steeling myself for a faint disappointment and I re-rode it quite a bit to make absolutely sure I was right, but I am. Icon gives almost everything I want from a coaster.

Special mentions go to Shambhala, which I feel very bad for knocking off the top spot only a month into its reign, Oblivion which falls out of the top 10 and Colossus at Thorpe which falls out of the top 20.

Matt N

CF Legend
Brilliant! Makes me excited for August! Are you going to put Icon in the "Best Coaster" tab in your profile, then?

Oh, and if you think knocking Shambhala off the top spot 1 month into its reign is bad, then I knocked Montu off the top spot a mere day into its reign! Unfortunately, I didn't quite see Mako coming when I was at BGT the day before...

I will seriously never understand the love for Thunderhead! I always want to like it, but every time I ride it I just get off feeling so underwhelmed, even going back to when my coaster count was way less.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I will seriously never understand the love for Thunderhead! I always want to like it, but every time I ride it I just get off feeling so underwhelmed, even going back to when my coaster count was way less.
I wanted to love it — rode it front and back — and I did like the layout, the swooping turns and such, but for me the ride itself was like a jackhammer — just to a ludicrous degree. I came off laughing, yes, but not because the ride was so much fun.

Last edited:
I wanted to love it — rode it from and back — and I did like the layout, the swooping turns and such, but for me the ride itself was like a jackhammer — just to a ludicrous degree. I came off laughing, yes, but not because the ride was so much fun.

I just straight up fail to see how people rank it higher than other coasters by the same manufacturer, such as Prowler and Mystic Timbers which are the upper tier GCIs in my opinion. Thunderhead just had no airtime, a lot of jackhammering, and did a whole lot of nothing for me. I do agree with you that the layout is okay, but it just doesn't do enough for me to understand why it makes it to people's top tens.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I just straight up fail to see how people rank it higher than other coasters by the same manufacturer, such as Prowler and Mystic Timbers which are the upper tier GCIs in my opinion. Thunderhead just had no airtime, a lot of jackhammering, and did a whole lot of nothing for me. I do agree with you that the layout is okay, but it just doesn't do enough for me to understand why it makes it to people's top tens.
When I was there, I could hear several comments from the general public about how rough Thunderhead is — even in other parts of the park, I still heard this conversation. Immediately after the ride, the reaction from my fellow riders was not “Whoo-hoo!” It was more “What was that??” And there was essentially no line for this ride during the two days I was there, even though the first day was a packed one, with long lines for most rides.

Pear

Strata Poster
I love Thunderhead, but last I rode it was in 2013. I hope to ride it again in August, but even then I still much prefer Mystic Timbers.