What's new

Kennywood | Steel Curtain | S&S Multi-looper

Intricks

Strata Poster
Sky Rocket and Phantoms Revenge would be the closest thing to an entryway coaster they got (Skyrocket being right there after the underpass, and you tavel past Phantoms Revenge going into the park more often then not.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. Sorry to bump the thread, but I saw on another forum that this is apparently rumoured to be an Intamin LSM Coaster... have any of you guys heard this? If so, I think it'll be a great addition, but it seems slightly strange when Sky Rocket was built only in 2010.

Jstanich

Roller Poster
I heard the Intamin rumor from someone before I read it online. Dual launch with one of them being inside of the old maintenance building in the valley behind Racer. Top hat over the midway then over the lagoon around the skycoaster. I figured there’s no way it was true. Then footers showed up in the lagoon. I was at Cedar Point today and looking at Mavericks footers and supports in the lake. The sizing and spacing between the two are really similar. So maybe there is something to this rumor. I hope it’s true cause a dual launch Intamin with a terrain layout has the potential to be something awesome

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I might as well set the bar for expectations right now with my guess: A Vekoma 335 m Junior Coaster with the same VR package as the one on TusenFryd. Parques Reunidos spent some money on that software, now they'll want to spread it as widely as they can.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
I might as well set the bar for expectations right now with my guess: A Vekoma 335 m Junior Coaster with the same VR package as the one on TusenFryd. Parques Reunidos spent some money on that software, now they'll want to spread it as widely as they can.

The pessimism here makes me so sad. Are the footers poured so far in that small an area?

Matt N

CF Legend
The pessimism here makes me so sad. Are the footers poured so far in that small an area?
Well @Youngster Joey, if you want a more optimistic prediction, I heard somewhere on the internet that it might be an Intamin LSM Launch Coaster. That would be slightly strange, as it would render Sky Rocket a bit pointless just 9 years after its debut, but these Intamin Blitz Coasters have mostly received rave reviews, so it would be a fantastic fit. Screamscape has also reported an RMC in the past, but that was in a different part of Kennywood, as far as I'm aware. Nobody really knows what it will be until Kennywood decides to announce it. I'm cautiously optimistic, though, as Parques Reunidos have started spending a bit more on investments as of late.

Pear

Strata Poster
Maybe it could be this?

c87cc8011b19b9769edd0f9ef8f4005e.jpg

I'm still holding on to this guess

Last edited: