What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I just really hope it doesn’t slow it down too much when they start using it. Although, I think that CP has the capability to cook through dispatches and stuff. They do really well at dispatching the trains on rides like Raptor and Gatekeeper. Especially Raptor. Do you think they could slow down the speed of the chain lift so that way they don’t have to trim it on the mcbr? So that way the time it takes it to get to the mcbr is longer which gives them a bit more time to load and dispatch trains. Because I felt like the ride is gonna be that much better when the mcbr is completely off
Throttling the lift hill is always a possibility (and an easy way to expedite dispatch times). I don't think they'll intend to use the MCBR to slow the train; but you could still use it as a block to allow the next train to dispatch. Even if they were to operate three trains and continue letting one train run the circuit (as they currently do now), having three trains would still peel off 5-10 seconds of dispatch so that you have a train ready to go the second the previous train hits the final brake run.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
On the topic of the bump...
d2c81a8eec05f6c13f396cd790fe848e.jpg

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

llCoasterN3rdll

Roller Poster
Throttling the lift hill is always a possibility (and an easy way to expedite dispatch times). I don't think they'll intend to use the MCBR to slow the train; but you could still use it as a block to allow the next train to dispatch. Even if they were to operate three trains and continue letting one train run the circuit (as they currently do now), having three trains would still peel off 5-10 seconds of dispatch so that you have a train ready to go the second the previous train hits the final brake run.
Yeah. In the end no one got hurt, they were at least able to get the ride back up and running despite only running one train. Maybe if they actually let us pull down our own lap bars, that'll speed up the dispatches. Did you get to ride it back row? Back row is nuts. I knew I was in for it when I went over those small bunny hops before the lift and got airtime lol

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Does anybody even know why some RMCs only allow the ride ops to push down the lap bars? It's a bit confusing, unless it was for safety after the NTG incident.

Snoo

The Legend
Yeah. In the end no one got hurt, they were at least able to get the ride back up and running despite only running one train. Maybe if they actually let us pull down our own lap bars, that'll speed up the dispatches. Did you get to ride it back row? Back row is nuts. I knew I was in for it when I went over those small bunny hops before the lift and got airtime lol

I was able to ride it in the 2nd from last row and yes, I can safely say, that was insanity.

llCoasterN3rdll

Roller Poster
I was able to ride it in the 2nd from last row and yes, I can safely say, that was insanity.
Some people said that the drop is the weakest element on the ride but I thought it was pretty powerful. My stomach just absolutely dropped and I loved it. It will probably remain my favorite row once I ride it front just because you don’t know what’s going on. Did you hit a violent part when it exited the last inversion? That actually kinda hurt a bit lol

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
It's where the belts sit under the restraint. They cant see it with it down.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
It's partially this. Another part of it has to do with the computer system. When the operator locks the restraints(so that you can't push them back up anymore), none of the restraints can be down, or else the computer flags that car as 'unchecked' so you need to completely re-open all of those lapbars before checking them. It's tedious and annoying, but it's in place in the name of safety.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The amount of Fury 325 fanboy shirts we saw on opening weekend was staggering.

It actually decreased my desire to go back to Carowinds to finally take a spin on Fury.

After experiencing a vehicle launch at a manufacturing facility, I'm absolutely not surprised that the ride is still having teething problems and I can only imagine how everything went when they first fired up the ride in late March. It was certainly six weeks of urgency and panic. And coffee...there must have been so much coffee.

I wrote my review in my 2018 trip report thread. Tl;dr I thought it was outstanding...but please READ MOAR HERE:

http://forums.coasterforce.com/threads/antinos-2018-thread-steel-vengeance.42375/#post-1023385

And read the rest of it while you're at it!

Pear

Strata Poster
So Steel Vengeance is now no longer on Fast Lane Plus which I find pretty stupid. Of course this has to happen the week before I go screwing me over. Oh well let's see if they add it back after this weekend.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
So Steel Vengeance is now no longer on Fast Lane Plus which I find pretty stupid. Of course this has to happen the week before I go screwing me over. Oh well let's see if they add it back after this weekend.
Honestly I'm fine with this. It sucks for people who pre-bought Fast Lane (People do that?) but it's the brand new big ride. Nothing feels worse then extending your wait because you can't afford an upgraded surcharge and others can.

Also the fastlane with this ride was a pretty big **** show last weekend so I'm not entirely shocked it's been removed either. Especially if they are still doing 1 train ops...

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Honestly I'm fine with this. It sucks for people who pre-bought Fast Lane (People do that?) but it's the brand new big ride. Nothing feels worse then extending your wait because you can't afford an upgraded surcharge and others can.

Also the fastlane with this ride was a pretty big :emoji_poop: show last weekend so I'm not entirely shocked it's been removed either. Especially if they are still doing 1 train ops...
@Howie has pre-booked as he got a combo entrance deal.
Not gonna lie, I would prefer this was on it as we will only be there for a day and a 2 hour queue will mean he only gets one ride, as he needs all the creds.

Snoo

The Legend
@Howie has pre-booked as he got a combo entrance deal.
Not gonna lie, I would prefer this was on it as we will only be there for a day and a 2 hour queue will mean he only gets one ride, as he needs all the creds.
Well the good news, all the other rides are still available so you'll have plenty of time. :D

Howie

Donkey in a hat
First of all, I absolutely do not need Wilderness Run (looking at you, lofty ;) ) secondly there's the morning ERT which might afford us an extra lap or 2, but mainly it's still over 4 weeks til we're actually there, so hopefully they will have sorted some of this shizzle out by then.

Snoo

The Legend
First of all, I absolutely do not need Wilderness Run (looking at you, lofty ;) ) secondly there's the morning ERT which might afford us an extra lap or 2, but mainly it's still over 4 weeks til we're actually there, so hopefully they will have sorted some of this shizzle out by then.
I have a feeling they will. We're literally 3 days into the season. Hell, FP may be restored by the time of the Live. And as noted, getting all the OTHER creds is the hard part and getting 2-3 laps on it will be nice. :)