What's new

Kings Dominion | Twisted Timbers | RMC I-Box (Hurler Conversion)

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Ya, I just watched it, and it really does slow a LOT at the end, and it kind of looks like the B&M hyper of RMCs, and in my opinion, that's a good thing! It seems to have great sustained airtime, and I think it's just going to get better from here!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Ya, I just watched it, and it really does slow a LOT at the end, and it kind of looks like the B&M hyper of RMCs, and in my opinion, that's a good thing! It seems to have great sustained airtime, and I think it's just going to get better from here!
I think the POV was filmed on an empty rain (based on the fact no screams could be heard) so there wouldn't be as much weight in the train, resulting in it running slower. Some of the off-ride videos I've seen on social media show it to be running considerably faster with people in the train.

Matt N

CF Legend
That's still really, really good, as the only B&M hyper I've done had absolutely fantastic airtime!

Ethan

Strata Poster
I think the POV was filmed on an empty rain (based on the fact no screams could be heard) so there wouldn't be as much weight in the train.

Unless I'm missing something, water dummies don't often scream? I hear rides have to be pretty intense for that to occur. Of course, I could be mistaken.

Pear

Strata Poster
I was there for preview night and it was hauling. Really excellent ride full of ejector, especially on the three straight hills. The barrel roll drop was really good as well, one of my favorites.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Just had a combined 10 rides from Media Day & Passholder Night, and the ride is really incredible. In the morning it was really slow at the end, but by the end of the day it was hauling arse. My 10th ride on it was in the front row at the end of the night, and the 3 straight hills all felt just as good as Storm Chaser's first hill. The rest is just a fast paced, pop after pop of ejector air, with a really janky (in a good way) reverse banked hill under the lift. Definitely a front row ride, the launching over the hills beats out the pull out of the drop IMO. It's so good. I can't wait for it to REALLY break in over the summer!

Pear

Strata Poster
And looks like it valleyed

4a4f394bd116fc93dff82d78b9e197d0.jpg