What's new

Toverland | Fenix | B&M Wing Coaster

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Those uniforms are actually incredible. <3

Everything about this is shaping up to be nothing short of amazing.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

James F

Hyper Poster
Fenix looks fantastic! I know a lot of people complain about it's short length, but I think it's low to the ground elements will create great pacing. For someone who is not the biggest fan of wing coasters, this one looks to be the best in Europe and I hope to ride it within the next few years, along with Troy of course :emoji_grinning:

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Thunderbird is amazing.
Even if Fenix was launched though, it'd still be tame and nothing like Thunderbird because it's at family-friendly Tover.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
From the Themepark.nl forums: the boat house (station for Merlin's Quest) is almost finished.
SbEvc2y.jpg

8uQjWBN.jpg

From Toverlandfansite: lifthill motor and cat walks have been delivered.
28577933_2026902037350291_1172074748054601728_o.jpg

28472279_2026902057350289_203295405008486400_o.jpg

From Themepark.nl forums.
oCYRy3X.jpg

adq0ERA.jpg

HgQjhdq.jpg

Footers under construction
ETYRLK0.jpg

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
New site of Toverland with a map that includes Avalon en Port Laguna.

Screenshot_20180314-185311.png
Screenshot_20180314-185327.png

I know the map is stylised but we can also see the back of the station of Djenju River got themed (picture below) and the queue line of Troy moved to the extended queue line. On the place of the former queue we can see some trees (visit the site of Toverland, Image was too big to upload).

Screenshot_20180314-190042.png
I hope this isn't just stylised on the map but also happened in real.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Fēnix is slowly rising. The first pillars and track parts have been lying on the ground for a while. But this week it’s finally happening: the pillars are going to be placed in their upright positions. A big task. But one by one they’re going from horizontal to vertical!

We’re getting closer and closer towards the first flight of Fēnix.

Source: 2018.toverland.com

Screenshot_20180322-172845.png Screenshot_20180322-172825.png Screenshot_20180322-172831.png

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Looks like they're on a similar schedule as Hyperion at this rate

Yeah, indeed.

What just popped up in my mind is that you would think the development is very tight in terms of time, just 3,5 months left till the opening and that it's not possible to get the whole area done.

However, if we think back to Taron 2 months before the opening ... Then this is certainly possible.

It's crazy what themeparks can create in a short time. ☺

JoshC.

Strata Poster
But Taron was testing 3 months before opening and largely looked ready, bar the finer details?

I'm sure Fenix will be ready for July 7th. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about the new areas being completely finished in terms of theming, etc, but we will wait and see...

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
But Taron was testing 3 months before opening and largely looked ready, bar the finer details?
Yeah, Taron's track was completed 8 months before opening. It's nothing like this project.

I hope they do, but I'll be amazed if they manage complete all the theming for 7th July. It will certainly be tight.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Yeah, Taron's track was completed 8 months before opening. It's nothing like this project.

I hope they do, but I'll be amazed if they manage complete all the theming for 7th July. It will certainly be tight.

I'm heading out for the August bank holiday (26th), hopefully it'll be looking okay by then...