What's new

Silver Dollar City | Time Traveler | Mack Looping Launched Spinner

ASteelersMidget

Roller Poster
Every time I see this I just wish more and more it wasn't a spinner and what they could've done with just more normal launched coaster.

that said, it looks like it'll be a decent drop in the back and probably pretty creepy going down backwards

Ethan

Strata Poster
There are many rides in which the back seat is better for the drop. Outlaw Run being one of them as well.
Oh I completely agree! But from the video before last, the drop was slowed completely for the first half of the train. It looks like it'll take almost all force out of the drop if you're unlucky enough to sit in that half of the train. But again, we'll have to wait and see for ourselves to be sure.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Oh I completely agree! But from the video before last, the drop was slowed completely for the first half of the train. It looks like it'll take almost all force out of the drop if you're unlucky enough to sit in that half of the train. But again, we'll have to wait and see for ourselves to be sure.
I think if there were few enough trims that the front two cars had good airtime on the drop though, the back two would have borderline unsafe airtime.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Wasn't saying the train would ever have good airtime on the front, I'm saying the front cars are controlled right up until the pullout, which to me seems unnecessary but they've obviously done it to that extent for a reason.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Wow. Sorry guys, I have been dropping the ball on posting updates here. (stupid real life getting in the way)
IMG_3124.JPG

PHOTOS OF THEMATIC ELEMENTS IN STATION

EWUJ6394.JPEG

PHOTOS OF CHANGES IN THE AREA AROUND THE NEW RIDE

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I... I don't love it...

I want to see it with riders, as they may cause some more intense spinning.

Lofty

CF Legend
Why you'd bring the train to a dead spot without a show scene is beyond me. It absolutely kills the momentum of the ride - YAY, drop, spinning, oh we're stopping for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Fab.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Why you'd bring the train to a dead spot without a show scene is beyond me. It absolutely kills the momentum of the ride - YAY, drop, spinning, oh we're stopping for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Fab.
Even if it was like Manta at SeaWorld on the second launch, that isn't as bad as the train completely hauling.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Apart from that pause before the first launch, I think it looks ace, love it.
Genuinely looking forward to riding this. 12 weeks to go :)

Jared

Hyper Poster
Pacing is certainly interesting. Bit odd that it stops before the launch, my concern was how slow it ran through the inversions. This things gonna have major hangtime! I mean, it might just be because they’re running one train for the shoot or it’s not warmed up, but either way it looks a little underpowered.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

I think the stop is there so the cars have time to align with the track before the train launches. The cars don't appear to spin during the launch, so they are probably locked to one direction to avoid uncomfortable laterals.