What's new

Canada's Wonderland | Yukon Striker | B&M Dive Coaster

I am a ROLLERCOASTER enthusiast, not a "it looks pretty" enthusiast.

So you're saying by no means do you judge a park AT ALL based on the atmosphere? I feel like that's a total lie, but okay. It might have mediocre creds, but it's by no means a ****hole especially considering it has two of the best B&M coasters ever. But hey, you're entitled to your opinion, it's just funny how everyone that visited that day just decided it was a total ****hole even though it goes against everyone that has basically ever been at the park.

Also I think you're the same person who has talked about how nice SDC is and stuff before, yeah? But no, you don't give any consideration to atmosphere at all.

Last edited:

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
So you're saying by no means do you judge a park AT ALL based on the atmosphere? I feel like that's a total lie, but okay. It might have mediocre creds, but it's by no means a :emoji_poop:hole especially considering it has two of the best B&M coasters ever. But hey, you're entitled to your opinion, it's just funny how everyone that visited that day just decided it was a total :emoji_poop:hole even though it goes against everyone that has basically ever been at the park.

Also I think you're the same person who has talked about how nice SDC is and stuff before, yeah? But no, you don't give any consideration to atmosphere at all.

I didn't think it was a ****hole that day. I didn't think it was good...but not a ****hole. But ok please continue to insinuate that everybody that travels with Snoo automatically aligns to his opinion.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I didn't think it was a :emoji_poop:hole that day. I didn't think it was good...but not a :emoji_poop:hole. But ok please continue to insinuate that everybody that travels with Snoo automatically aligns to his opinion.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You thought CGA wasn't a **** hole either, and that place is hot garbage.

Anyways, on topic of jiZiz, tell me when we have a layout. Until then, I'll just come and go as I please.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Snoo

The Legend
So you're saying by no means do you judge a park AT ALL based on the atmosphere? I feel like that's a total lie, but okay. It might have mediocre creds, but it's by no means a :emoji_poop:hole especially considering it has two of the best B&M coasters ever. But hey, you're entitled to your opinion, it's just funny how everyone that visited that day just decided it was a total :emoji_poop:hole even though it goes against everyone that has basically ever been at the park.

Never did I say I don't judge parks based on atmosphere. In fact, right after that statement you quoted I said:
  • That being said, the park wasn't a :emoji_poop:hole in that regard as the park was pretty standard for a former Paramount park (not as good as KI but much better then Carowinds IMO). The flats were nice but I'm not much of a flat guy so you didn't see me jump on them.
But feel free to jump to conclusions just because I'm not a fan of a park you seem to adore.

And best B&M's ever is incredibly subjective. In my opinion, they aren't. I'm more excited for forceful B&M's then their airtime machine models. That being said, with 2 of 16 roller coasters being good, that hurts the park.. like it does for Kings Island, Carowinds, Kings Dominion.. pretty much all of the former Paramount parks.

I do love you how you jumped on a whole group of people as Marc said. In fact, I think I may be the only person who didn't like the park in general on our trip. However, no one disagreed the lineup was total ****. You seem to still have a vendetta against that group of people. Why might that be? Why so easy to pounce and throw wild punches when nothing is there to hit? Come on now Taylor, we're better then this.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
http://instagr.am/p/BfWoSsKAYTi/
Coaster Studios has posted these photos of track for Canada's Wonderland at the B&M plant. The track pieces are massive compared to the size of the blue wing coaster (for Fenix at Toverland) sitting in front of them. This will definitely be a dive coaster.

Reactions: JSM

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
You thought CGA wasn't a :emoji_poop: hole either, and that place is hot garbage.

Anyways, on topic of jiZiz, tell me when we have a layout. Until then, I'll just come and go as I please.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well since we're kind of on the subject, CGA IS a park that has a good atmosphere. It was a lush, beautiful park, especially under that California sky. But to your point the only good rides were Gold Striker and Flight Deck. They were even lacking in the flat ride department.

Never did I say I don't judge parks based on atmosphere. In fact, right after that statement you quoted I said:
  • That being said, the park wasn't a :emoji_poop:hole in that regard as the park was pretty standard for a former Paramount park (not as good as KI but much better then Carowinds IMO). The flats were nice but I'm not much of a flat guy so you didn't see me jump on them.
But feel free to jump to conclusions just because I'm not a fan of a park you seem to adore.

And best B&M's ever is incredibly subjective. In my opinion, they aren't. I'm more excited for forceful B&M's then their airtime machine models. That being said, with 2 of 16 roller coasters being good, that hurts the park.. like it does for Kings Island, Carowinds, Kings Dominion.. pretty much all of the former Paramount parks.

I do love you how you jumped on a whole group of people as Marc said. In fact, I think I may be the only person who didn't like the park in general on our trip. However, no one disagreed the lineup was total :emoji_poop:. You seem to still have a vendetta against that group of people. Why might that be? Why so easy to pounce and throw wild punches when nothing is there to hit? Come on now Taylor, we're better then this.

My issue wasn't really with the fact that you called it a ****hole, it was moreso you trying to say that you don't judge a park based on any appearance or atmosphere, which I know is a complete lie. I was saying Wonderland isn't a ****hole because it has an okay lineup with a decent atmosphere, to which you responded that it's only the coasters that count and atmosphere basically has no merit. This is coming from the same person who has praised other parks with nice atmospheres, so it just seemed a little contradictory of what you've said in the past. Again, the whole thing about people going there and saying it's now a ****hole when they liked it before makes no sense, because their ride lineup hadn't really changed in that specific time period. So if we're judging a park based solely on lineup, how can it go from being a good park to being a ****hole when it hasn't changed anything apart from the relocation of Sky Rider. That just seemed to me like sheep syndrome where a group of people visit a park and have the exact same opinion of it (not just you guys, it happens to a lot of groups). And no, I have nothing against anyone or I wouldn't be going to the Live in June. Just because I bring up a point about you guys doesn't mean I necessarily have anything against you. Hell, I haven't even seen you guys in years and quite honestly it will be nice to see people in June. It just had to do with the fact that, if the park is a ****hole based on ride lineup, how can a group of people like it one day and then not like it the next time?

I hope that post made some sense at least.

PS- Canada's Wonderland is not a park I adore. It's a decent park, but certainly nowhere near top ten status.
PSS- Sorry for all the poo emojis.

Last edited:

ASteelersMidget

Roller Poster
FWIW revisits can absolutely change your opinion of a park you used to like. My first two visits to CW I really enjoyed the park, it was back when I hadn't been on too many coasters and I happened to have amazing rides on skyrider and vortex along with Leviathan (behemoth was running like **** those trips). Going back in 2016 and 2017 having been on so many more coasters my view on the park changed. It went from a park I actively wanted to visit to a park I really didn't feel a need to return too. Heck depending on how the layout for this ends up I might not even make the short trip out when it opens. It's all about perspective and how things change as the times change.

That said, I really hope this ends up with an interesting layout.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Vortex still hasn't been put back together yet as they continue building the tunnel under it for the new coaster.
However for this season Vortex cars are receiving a repaint. Not known yet if this just a repaint or will it be rethemed/renamed.
thumb_29472595_10155615368503924_3029684602861942688_n.jpg

thumb_29495765_10155615368478924_5314999547609054786_n.jpg

thumb_29496391_10155615368408924_3273284442812056505_n.jpg

thumb_29497758_10155615368433924_4460038155157367609_n.jpg

thumb_29512500_10155615368368924_8917133040093331449_n.jpg

Photos from TPR

As well as constructing the tunnel many footers are being poured for the coaster, including some around the neighbouring water ride. Marked on this image is the entire construction site.
29511351_1763830070349770_6697612660554702996_n.jpg

Source: YouTube.

Using the locations of the already existing a fan has designed a wing coaster for the site (Although I thought everyone was pretty certain it is a dive coaster based off the size of the track so I'm not really sure why)

Last edited:

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
The more I think about this the more I understand why A Dive Coaster makes sense from the park's perspective even if it's not what I would've liked to see the park get. It's easily marketable and shouldn't have too much downtime. Something Unique for the park that it's "rivals" don't have.