What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
http://instagr.am/p/BeHsGgPD548/
This has popped up on Instagram. Taken 12th January.
They have cleared and flattened out the centre of the site. The earth ramp on the left used to extend out far further. Around the base of the crane closest to the camera a lot of concrete foundation work has been carried out. According to PhantaFriends.de users since this picture was taken there has been a lot more concrete work carried out.
A number of anchor baskets for footers are visible on site waiting to be installed.
There is also a rumour that more track will be installed next week.

Last edited:

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I tried getting a look at the site last weekend and could see nothing aside from that bit of track pretty much. Crazy to think how big the space is that they've got hidden away!

It'll be great to see things come together a bit more and see what direction they're taking it.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I wonder when the park will release some stats about the coaster.

If memory serves me rightly, with Taron they didn't confirm the maximum speed and track length (two big things since they claimed them both to be world records) until after the ride had opened. So I wouldn't expect any stats and figures for a veryyyy long time..

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
If we suppose (against all the expectations and the state of the building process) the project gets in a rapid somewhere in may or june, would it be possible that Rookburgh will open during Wintertraum this year?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
^I can't see them opening it for Wintertraum. They will want to market Rookburgh as new for the 2019 season to bring people in. Wintertraum as a special event already has a marketing pull to attract visitors unlike the normal summer season.

Regardless I can't see it being finished for mid November. I would say April 2019 (for the start of the 2019 season) is far more realistic.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
^I can't see them opening it for Wintertraum. They will want to market Rookburgh as new for the 2019 season to bring people in. Wintertraum as a special event already has a marketing pull to attract visitors unlike the normal summer season.

Regardless I can't see it being finished for mid November. I would say April 2019 (for the start of the 2019 season) is far more realistic.

Ikr. I'm just hoping for it bc 2019 is still really far away.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I've crated a new topic based on this, as I think it could be worth some decent conversation. Could this mean a Vekoma flyer at a Merlin park?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
26993507_1703154266417351_7054884260133899985_n.jpg

They took down the photo.

Bert2theSpark

Mega Poster
Annndddd that photo has been taken down...

I wonder if Merlin are looking at buying a Vekoma Flyer either for maybe Thorpe or Garda. I want to say Thorpe but I think it's gonna be Gardaland.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
If Gardaland were to get a flyer, I'd hope it'll be launched, as it would then be a perfect fit for the park!

And if this ends up being the case, maybe it's a sign Vekoma could be coming to other Merlin parks?

Efan

Mega Poster
I'd love to see Vekoma come to more Merlin parks, never got on one of their more recent coasters, which I hear are great!

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Rather unexpectedly the Waffle bakery on the Berlin main street has been completely gutted and partly demolished.
index.php

The bakery was across two buildings. The blue one on the left has been demolished and the remaining section on the right is allegedly still standing but has been gutted.
index.php

The building that has been removed. Photos from Freizeitparkcheck.de.

It is assumed that this will be for a passageway into Rookburgh. Directly behind is the track that has already been installed so you'll be coming out into Rookburgh right beside that inversion.
It will be interesting to see how they finish it off from the Berlin side of things - not too keen on the idea of a hole in the facades along the Berlin street. Also presumably the Waffle Bakery will be moved to a new location? It was one of the most popular food outlets in the park.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
^ Sounds great
But what about the iron wall construction (for the facades of the steampunk houses) of which is being built against the back of the Berlin buildings (so also the back of this bakery)... It is blocking the possible walkway through the bakery building?

If I see it well on all the pictures of the construction site, the access road which goes from the Berggeiststraße underneath the office building to the Kaizerplatz will still be there...as a emergency exit? Which brings me to the question how they're going to connect the pathway through the bakery building to the Rookburgh area when this access way/emergency exit needs to stay open? It could be done with just a wooden movable fence at both sides of the walkway but I can't imagine this bc Phantasialand would put immersive theming everywhere, even on pathway.