What's new

Eurosat 2.0 - Refurbishment - Europa Park

Lofty

CF Legend
Tbf, the post wasn't me bragging, it was simply me saying what I saw as Ireeb is clearly interested in this coaster, yet, I could not say exactly what I saw.

I think it seems to be a coaster of 'two' journeys, one of them may be space related (Eurosat) and the other is the theme in which I saw (VR), which is a great idea.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Yeah, and I also didn't consider it bragging, as I already said. I asked and he answered as much as he could, without giving away information he is not allowed to tell.
So today I watched a video from a guy who is usually well informed on Europa-Park.
He said that Thomas Mack confirmed that the space theme will remain (I listened to the Podcast myself), and he pointed out a "Can-Can-Coaster"-Sign on the Artwork (beneath the "Moulin Rouge"), which will probably be the other experience.
The only question now is (and Thomas Mack said that he won't tell):
Which one is the VR and which one is the real ride?
I hope that the space ride will be the real ride and the Cancan-Coaster the VR-Experience.
Eurosat has many fans, and if Europa-Park thinks they would accept a cheap VR-Copy of Eurosat, they are very wrong.

Ben

CF Legend
I can only imagine the Can Can one would be the VR coaster simply because that's got to be so much harder to do with physical themeing compared to space.

I love the idea of a Can Can coaster, but it's also ****ing weird. Oh well, more rides should be themed around prostitution lets be honest.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
I can only imagine the Can Can one would be the VR coaster simply because that's got to be so much harder to do with physical themeing compared to space.
That's what I think, too. Space is a lot of black with a few shiny things here and there. That's easy to accomplish in a rather small, dark room.
I don't know how they would want to fit "Can Can" in there. If you consider the safety space the coaster needs and the supports in addition to the track, there is actually not much room for extensive theming.
A space theme can be accomplished very well with special effects, and that usually needs much less space than actual theming.
Also, the video I talked about in my last post: (German)
I love the idea of a Can Can coaster, but it's also :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing weird. Oh well, more rides should be themed around prostitution lets be honest.
I think it's an appropriate theme for a family oriented park ;)
(Even though the Cancan is kinda lewd, the dancers usually were no prostitutes. Just looking, no touching :D )

Last edited:

Ben

CF Legend
From the ever reliable Wikipedia;

‘Moulin Rouge is best known as the spiritual birthplace of the modern form of the can-can dance. Originally introduced as a seductive dance by the courtesans who operated from the site’

They were prossies haha. It’s fine, like, it’s one of those things where kids won’t know the actual history it’s just quite funny.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
From the ever reliable Wikipedia;

‘Moulin Rouge is best known as the spiritual birthplace of the modern form of the can-can dance. Originally introduced as a seductive dance by the courtesans who operated from the site’

They were prossies haha. It’s fine, like, it’s one of those things where kids won’t know the actual history it’s just quite funny.
There's no word on prostitution on the German Wikipedia site about the Cancan :D

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Space theme in Old France. I was hoping for a Georges Méliès theme. Now THAT would have been fab.

MV5BNGNjZjEyODgtMDhkNi00YjFlLWExOTYtOTUwMjVkOTY2NTg4L2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjYzMjA3NzI@._V1_UY268_CR9,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Space theme in Old France. I was hoping for a Georges Méliès theme. Now THAT would have been fab.

MV5BNGNjZjEyODgtMDhkNi00YjFlLWExOTYtOTUwMjVkOTY2NTg4L2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjYzMjA3NzI@._V1_UY268_CR9,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
So basically Jule Verne again, because that movie is based on Verne's work. But indeed, it would fit. On the other hand, it wouldn't be really original since Disney has done it before.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Makes sense to open the sphere, really. Easier access for cranes, instead of doing all the assembly inside the cramped space while having to pull all parts in/out from the bottom. They will probably patch it back up as soon as they are finished.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Makes sense to open the sphere, really. Easier access for cranes, instead of doing all the assembly inside the cramped space while having to pull all parts in/out from the bottom. They will probably patch it back up as soon as they are finished.
Yup, that is the plan. I don't think it would be possible at all to replace the whole coaster without removing the top of the sphere. How would they even use cranes while the building is closed?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yup, that is the plan. I don't think it would be possible at all to replace the whole coaster without removing the top of the sphere. How would they even use cranes while the building is closed?
It's plausible, although now not looking likely, that part of the internal structure was a number of lifting beams, which would have at least allowed them to drop sections of track down to ground level (where they have the large access doors). This is often how buildings are designed to allow major pieces of plant to be extracted once the roof has been put on.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Mack Media has now registered this logo at the German Patent and Trademark Office:
eurosat-can-can-coaster-markenanmeldung.jpg
The fact that Mack Media and not Europa-Park (which holds the name Eurosat and all other coaster names) registered the name is a pretty clear hint that this is a VR-production by Mack Media for Eurosat.
Since Thomas Mack confirmed that the other theme is "space", I think it's pretty clear now. Classic = Space, VR = Can Can.