What's new

Your Top Danish Coaster(s)

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
What are your top Danish coasters (top 3 or 5 or 10)?

Recently I visited most of the major Danish parks (not Legoland), and I think my favorites from the trip aren’t quite the usual suspects — at least not the usual order.

1. Piraten
2. Rutschebanen (Tivoli) — didn’t expect to love this so much
3. Falken — didn’t expect to love this so much
4. Juvelen
5. Lynet
6. Thor’s Hammer
7. Rutschebanen (Bakken)
8. Orkanen
9. Mine Train Ulven
10. Tornado — expected to love this, but the karate chops to the collar bones kept me from enjoying it more.

(Parks visited: Bakken, Tivoli, BonBon-Land, Fårup, Djurs)

Pear

Strata Poster
Vertigo at Tivoli deserves an honorable mention from me

1. Piraten
2. Tornado
3. Juvelen
4. Rutschebanen (Tivoli)
5. Daemonen
6. Drage Kongen
7. Mine Train Ulven
8. Vild Svinet

Will

Strata Poster
1. Lynet
2. Tornado
3. Mine Train Ulven
4. Rutschebanen (Bakken)
5. Piraten
6. Rutschebanen (Tivoli)
7. Juvelen
8. Hankatten
9. Cobra
10. Polar X-Plorer

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I hate to leave a ranking thread unanswered but... I've no idea. Danishland has simply never appeared on my goon radar. Never been, never really wanted to go, no parks there interest me that much and looking at those^ lists so far, I honestly don't know what most of them are, let alone have them on the to-do list. Looks like a bunch of Gerstlauers and some really old stuff to me.
Sorry to put a downer on your shiny new thread n'all, but you did ask. ?

Do threads for the Dutch and German ones dude, I'd be all over that! :)

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I hate to leave a ranking thread unanswered but... I've no idea. Danishland has simply never appeared on my goon radar. Never been, never really wanted to go, no parks there interest me that much and looking at those^ lists so far, I honestly don't know what most of them are, let alone have them on the to-do list. Looks like a bunch of Gerstlauers and some really old stuff to me.
Sorry to put a downer on your shiny new thread n'all, but you did ask. ?

Do threads for the Dutch and German ones dude, I'd be all over that! :)
When I was in Denmark, the Danes were asking about you every day — why hasn’t he come to ride our coasters yet, when is he coming, etc. I didn’t have the heart to tell them your attitude. ?

In all seriousness, I was underwhelmed a bit by BonBon-Land, but the four other parks I went to were awesome. And Piraten is a world-class coaster, and Tivoli’s Rutschebanen is one of the most memorable coasters I’ve ridden. Sooner or later I suggest you adjust that radar of yours.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
1. Lynet
2. Tornado
3. Mine Train Ulven
4. Rutschebanen (Bakken)
5. Piraten
6. Rutschebanen (Tivoli)
7. Juvelen
8. Hankatten
9. Cobra
10. Polar X-Plorer
Thanks for the list.

It’s very rare to see a Danish coasters list that doesn’t have Piraten at number one, but FIVE! Behind Mine Train Ulven even. Care to explain a bit?

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Vertigo at Tivoli deserves an honorable mention from me
I’m not a flat rides aficionado by any means (I often skip them unless something looks unusual or interesting), but Tivoli’s Vertigo and Phantasialand’s Talocan were among the best I’ve ever done.

Pear

Strata Poster
Tivoli’s Rutschebanen is one of the most memorable coasters I’ve ridden.
Such a fun ride. My friend and I tried standing up the entire ride and one hill almost sent us out! I really loved Daemonen as well. It did a lot for it's size and wasn't boring like the bigger floorlesses are.

Last edited:

andrus

Giga Poster
1) Juvelen
2) Orkanen
3) Piraten
4) Rutschebanen
5) Thors hammare

And out of those Juvelen is the true stand-out coaster! Faboulus ride ? The only danish coaster to make my top 10.