What's new

Your "Quirky" Bucket List

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
We all keep bucket lists and all, but mostly when you think of one you think of a list of internationally acclaimed coasters that you want to ride primarily because they either seem to match your taste in coasters nicely or are consistently ranked highly. But let's face it, there are coasters that we're still itching to get on that maybe aren't so highly ranked that you want to ride just because it looks...intriguing. Either you like the theme, like the manufacturer, or it's just so wacky you can't help but want to ride it.

Here's mine:

5. Road Runner Railway, SFFT- Kat, my ACE regional rep, said this was actually really awesome when she rode it at Con. However, I'm drawn to it because I like the cliffside setting (as with the rest of that park) and the fact that it's designed by Alan Schilke.
4. Hellcat, Timber Falls- Yet another Schilke creation, this thing has really short 3-car PTC trains and was one of only like 3 S&S woodies. Gonna be on this in 3 weeks actually! It looks like fun, violent ride but I've heard it's god awful.
3. Zombie Ride, Bosque Magico- I liked Phobia when I rode it at Compounce but one of those coasters with this caliber of theming thrown in with a sliding station? Yes please!
2. Galactica, Alton Towers- This could almost make my actual bucket list, gonna be honest. I don't like flying coasters (though I actually enjoyed Batwing) but maybe doing one in VR would make it feel less claustrophobic to me. But the real draw to this one is the theme. I adore anything space-themed as is but a coaster that simulates flying through space? Yes please! The score's also amazing.

And number one is...

1. Psyke Underground, Walibi Belgium- I never hear about this coaster but I'd love to ride it one day. I've ridden one shuttle loop (Montezooma's Revenge, it was my 100th credit actually) and I loved it, so the prospect of riding one but with modern ride hardware is something that really interests me. Not to mention the theme looks very funky and odd. Oh, and the station music is sick. Like, so bad it's good sick.

[media]

Edward M

Strata Poster
Good topic!

This is tough though, since every coaster I want to do is acclaimed by at least someone.

This is in no real order
15. Screamer, Scandia Amusement Park- This looks so great. I considered Galaxi, Zyklon, or Jet Star just because they all interest me as small coasters that could pack a decent punch. Still, this one looks like those on crack.
14. Ultra Twister- I don't know whether this would be amazing or awful, but I have got to find out.
13. S&S 4D/Zacspin- These are about equal for me, but they look simply insane. Love 4D coasters.
12. Tremors- I don't know why this isn't more talked about. This looks like one of the best wooden coasters out there.
11. Shivering Timbers- This doesn't get that much critical praise anymore, but I still think it looks like fantastic.
10. Divertical- Love a big drop on a log flume, but if you turn that huge log flume into a roller coaster and add an elevator lift? Yes please!
9. Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop- Oh, I want one of these so badly! I love Schwarzkopf loops, and this looks great. Olympia Looping could also fit on here. Also considered Lisebergbanan.
8. X:/ No way Out- I just love crappy coasters in the dark. I don't even know why, but it's just so charming as they try and fail to thrill you by being in a shed. Skull Mountain @ SFGAdv could fit here too.
7. TRON Shanghai DL- This may not belong on this list, but I really really want to ride this. Not sure if it's very acclaimed though. Still, it's on my top to do list for coasters. Big Grizzly Mountain Cars could also fit easily here.
6. Space Mountain, Disneyland Paris- I know this is considered very rough by most (until recently), but the theming is what really makes it for me. I would just love to ride!
5. Premier Sky Rockets/Maurer Sky Loops- I'm not sure why, but these really interest me. The idea of that extreme hangtime as well as their very compact layout. I just want to ride on one of these days.
4. Vekoma Giant Inverted Boomerang- Ohhh, I really want to ride one of these. Just such a crazy model. While I think Goliath @ SFNE is my only real bet right now, I especially want to ride one with the old vehicles.
3. Maurer Spinner- I love spinning coasters, and these have always interested me. I can't even really say why, but they just always have!
2. S&S Launch- These are very well reviewed, but I just want to ride one so badly. I feel it has to be on this list. Dodonpa and those Happy Valley launchers are both here.
1. Colorado Adventure- I've just heard so many rave reviews of this. I really have a soft spot for well themed mine trains, and it's also really supposed to be great. It's high up on my overall to do list, so it feels right to have it here.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Good topic actually! I have some coasters that do fit that bill actually.

- Those weird Pax coasters such as Wild Train (Fantasiana) and Jungle Storm (Chakazoolu Theme Park). Their sketchy banking but ridiculous intensity really make me intrigued!
- Soaring Dragon & Dancing Phoenix (Nanchang Wanda Park). The name alone stands out! I have a self-destructive curiosity to find out if Chinese-made SLCs are that bad, and this one has this interesting custom layout...
- Bandit (Yomiuriland). The first *spiritual* Hyper, as it was the inspiration behind Magnum. Wonderful interaction with the terrain, long layout and some little pops of airtime judging from the video. Hope that the ride ops are still doing the whole "Go! Go! Bandit!" choreography as well!
- Diving Coaster Vanish. Silly Japanese coaster!
- Ultra Twister (Rusutsu Resort). The only Ultra Twister with a Dive Loop, and the speed through that double barrel roll at the end looks incredible. Probably hyped way too much by TPR but the amazing and remote location in Hokkaido makes for a really special trip!

balrog

Mega Poster
1. Colorado Adventure- I've just heard so many rave reviews of this. I really have a soft spot for well themed mine trains, and it's also really supposed to be great. It's high up on my overall to do list, so it feels right to have it here.
Maybe one of the biggest coaster disappointments in my life. Do not expect the theming to match recent Phantasialand standards.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Colorado Adventure is certainly not the best themed Mine Train. Especially the indoor parts are very bare. But it's just so insane for what it is. In the back seat you get thrown out of your seat so much on some of the drops and it just feels crazy. It's so much fun.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Enjoyed reading other people's and have been looking up some these coasters I'm not familiar with. I don't have a roller coaster bucket list, I have a theme park one (which technically includes the roller coasters) with 3 tiers based on priority (and most of these are low priority!) so I don't know how many I'll get on before they get removed (side-eyeing Venus@Space World and the Soda can coaster).
  • First of all, every Disney coaster
  • There's the Mack suspended powered coasters that mix amazing dark ride scenes with coaster elements. Both existing ones (Arthur@Europa and Dragon Gliders@Motiongate) look amazing.
  • The wtf pax creds (Wild Train@Fantasiana, Jungle Storm@Chakazoolu and Cobra@Conny-land)
  • When I was a young enthusiast trawling through rcdb I developed fascinations with some coasters, some weirder than others (Mystery Mine@.Dollywood Riddler's Revenge@SFMM, Spongbob@Nickelodeon Universe, Thunder Dolphin@Tokyo Dome City, Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster@ Warner Bros. Movie World Australia, Euro Mir and a Backlot Stunt Coaster) so I'd love to do them.
  • I love coasters with amazing views (Montaña Suiza@Parque de Atracciones Monte Igueldo, Muntanya Russa@Tibidabo, everything@Ocean Park) and these look perfect!
  • Some coasters are so iconic that you have to do them (Vanish@Yokohama Cosmoworld, Atlantis Adventure, Gravity Max@Lihpao Land, Supersonic Odyssey@Berjaya Times Square, Gao@Greenland and any Togo Ultra Twister)
  • Some are plain ol' bonkers (Valle degli Gnomi@Fiabilandia, Adventure Drive@Suzuka Circuit, those Tobbogan coasters, Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain@Indiana Beach, everything at Osteria Ai Pioppi)
  • There are some one-of-a-kind rides that I'd like to do (Stingray@Giant Wheel Park of Suzhou, Leap The Dips@Lakemont, Pipeline Express@Wild Water & Waves, Switchback@ZDTs)
  • Some things are just right down my street like these spinning coasters (Tarantula@Parque de Attracciones Madrid, Tornado@Bakken), the custom El Loco with lap bars@ Adventuredome, also Quicksilver Express@Gilroy Gardens because I love the way you're surrounded by lots of different types of trees and plants. It's like being in a garden, except you're on this awkward roller coaster. Seeing pictures across the lake of Fantasia Special@Tongdo Fantasia just makes me want to visit. Mayan Adventure@Formosan Aboriginal Culture Village for the ridiculous themeing on an old SLC. I'd like to do some old classic american wooden coasters. Blue Streak@Conneaut Lake intrigues me the most with it's rustic, crooked look and forest location. I also want to do a crappy Jungle Mouse!

Last edited:

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Firstly - Psyche underground is quirky but also REALLY GOOD! ..........smooth, nice forces, disorientating - it stands up strong against the parks newest coaster Pulsar!

I've already worked through much on my quirky bucket list - which don't just include coasters

for me:-
1, Nessie Superrollercoaster at Hansa park - a classic 37 y/o Schwarzkopf coaster that goes into a monsters mouth!
2, The Bell at Hansa park - just looks so weird and cool.
3, Bla Taget - ghost train at Grona lund
4, Pooh's Hunnie Hunt at Tokyo Disneyland
5, Space Fantasy at universal Japan, indoor Mack spinning coaster - theming looks insane!
4, 'UFO' indoor rapids/flume/dark ride thing, themed to noodles! at Yomuriland Japan
5, The indoor interactive, fashion-themed, spinning coaster at Yomuriland
6, Mystery river rapids at movie park Germany
7, The 'Bermuda Triangle' at Movie-Park Germany
8, Huracan at Bellewarde
9, Revolution at Bobbejaanland (not the VR version - but when It had weird floor and ceiling projections)
10, The high ropes course at Shanghai Disney around their roaring mountain area
11, polar X-plorer at Legoland billund - I love a drop element!
12, Talking of drop element - Verboten at Busch Gardens Williamsburg!

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Wild West Mine Train - Ocean Park (the view from this ride looks absolutely incredible and it appears to have some solid airtime as well)
Wild Train - Fantasiana (crazy airtime for a family coaster)
Tron - Shanghai Disneyland (the theming on this ride is just so impeccable)
Superman Escape - Warner Bros Movieworld (not necessarily that highly rated, but I've always thought that it looked awesome)

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
So... a subpar top to-do credit list? Hmm.. uh..

Tornado at M&D... just to see if it really is that bad.
Rewind Racers at Adventure City - looks fun, not spectacular
Viktor Vandorm at BonBon Land (Giant Tiv <3) although it looked far better at its original home
Any given long semi-pointless Japanese Jet-Coaster... just, because
Doble Loop at Salitre Magico, because it used to be at Seabreeze and my best friend use to run it (and I've never been on a Soquet)
Pulsar at Walibi Belgium... I'm not sure why... But I really wanna try it. ha

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Mumbo Jumbo - Never been on a El Loco so I'm intrigued by this.
Odyssey - Spited before, need to try and get it again.
Cu Chulainn - Bit embarrassing that I haven't been to Tayto yet, guess I'm waiting for the park to add a few more additions.
Furius Baco - Hopefully this year, need to see how bad it really is.
Fluch Von Novrogod - I've heard excellent things about this and I love a well themed ride.
The Beast - For obvious reasons.