What's new

Your On-Site Hotel Count?

Will

Strata Poster
Splash Landings Hotel (and possibly ATH, I can't remember)
Hotel Port Aventura
Hotel Santa Isabel
Safari Hotel Chessington

All of which were meh or worse by comparison to Hotel Bell Rock & Hotel Matamba

And don't worry, we've all been drunk, fallen over and been taken back to our room by theme park hotel staff at one time or another*

(*There'll be no need for an unctuous post just to state you haven't because you're responsible and grown up)

Jared

Hyper Poster
- Alton Towers Hotel
- Thorpe Shark Hotel
- Safari Hotel, Chessington
- Azteca Hotel, Chessington
- Hotel Matamba, Phantasialand
- Hotel Caribe
- Efteling Hotel
- Hotel Port Royale, Heide Park

Howie

Donkey in a hat
And don't worry, we've all been drunk, fallen over and been taken back to our room by theme park hotel staff at one time or another*

Ha - yep, Maycock took great pleasure in giving us newbies a guided tour of 'places where drunk CFers had fallen over'.
"This is where JayJay fell over. This is where Sue fell over" etc etc ... :)

Will

Strata Poster
Ha - yep, Maycock took great pleasure in giving us newbies a guided tour of 'places where drunk CFers had fallen over'.
Have you checked out Tolworth Travelodge yet? Definitely the longest section of that tour and made more eerie by the fact that there's more residual glowstick goo on their walls than there is paint.

nadroJ

CF Legend
^Uhm... no that's a separate tour entitled 'Places where drunk CFers fell over and left glowstick goo on the walls'. We just did the basic 'Places in Germany where drunk CFers fell over' tour.
Other tours based on things drunk CFers did are available.
I'm not sure I want to know the details of some of the other tours available XD

Also I think a 'Places where Sue has fallen over' tour would go down quite well!

Last edited:

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I'd like to go on the Toverland tour to see where I leapt on that roundabout then went flying off. Maybe I'll find my hip, it's never been right since.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Sorry for the double post but I feel it would be amiss not to mention the part of the Tolworth tour that explains where Jordan spewed on the floor and I knelt in it (and went round shaking my Mit Vomknee for the rest of the day).

nadroJ

CF Legend
I still vividly remember wondering why you guys were violently shaking the room before spewing that pre-mixed margarita everywhere. Ah, memories!

Edward M

Strata Poster
I've been to 10 different ones at Disney World because we went so often when I was a kid.

I've also stayed at Hotel MiraCosta, Hotel Breakers, and the Grand Californian.

That concludes my wholly unique and interesting post.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Splash Landings - Never again
Big Blue - Always
New York DLP - Glad they're doing it up at the end of this year, it needs it badly.

Does it count if it has Wanda or OCT in the name? Probably not, but 3 of them.

Not a fan to be honest. Usually find them overpriced and other than DLP they don't offer enough of a package incentive with it.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think I've only done two at the moment.

Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe: Did this years ago (2003?) with my family. I don't remeber a great deal, I have to admit, but I do recall thinking it was a lot of fun. Likely not surprising that a 10/11 year old me would think that.

Phantasialand - Hotel Matamba: I was very impressed. The rooms and access to the park were great, plus the views from the balconies are pretty fab. <3

Don't usually go for them, but might do Cedar Point and Efteling this year as they have some quite good deals I think...

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
In order of best to worst:

Heide Park Abenturer(?) Hotel (Buffet! Pirate pool! Mario Kart! It was fab and the themed room was amazing)

Hotel Matamba (I am still craving the sweet potato soup from the fab buffet)

Port Aventura Hotel. Where 'metropolitan' ice cream is a thing, according to @ATTACKHAMMER ;)

Efteling Loonsche Land. Where you think hmm this is okay, the petting farm is nice, then you look at the incredible Bosrijk hotel next door and go 'damn! Shoud have stayed there!'

Ben

CF Legend
I've quite recently developed a new love for resort hotels, I guess because my trip type has moved a little more towards doing 'good' parks for longer and having a bit more money to spend there. I've done...

Efteling Loonsche Land (really fab)
Phantasialand Hotel Matamba (fab)
Phantasialand Ling Bao (the tits)
Alton Towers Hotel (quite fab)
Alton Towers Splash Landings (it's alright)
PortAvenura Gold River (amazing)
Disneyland Paris Hotel Cheyenne (Disney hotels suck)
Cedar Point Hotel Breakers Express (creds on the wall!)
Mt Olympus Resort (the cheapest place I've ever stayed in my life and it has a private water park so it's basically life)

OK actually I thought there'd be more than that whatever.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Efteling Loonsche Land (really fab)
Phantasialand Hotel Matamba (fab)
Phantasialand Ling Bao (the tits)
Alton Towers Hotel (quite fab)
Alton Towers Splash Landings (it's alright)
PortAvenura Gold River (amazing)
Disneyland Paris Hotel Cheyenne (Disney hotels suck)
Cedar Point Hotel Breakers Express (creds on the wall!)
Mt Olympus Resort (the cheapest place I've ever stayed in my life and it has a private water park so it's basically life)
Hold on.

What's the hierarchy of "fab, "tits" and "amazing" (assuming that amazing trumps all). If it was me, it would be Amazing > Tits (close tho) > Fab. But... I know you... Maybe Fab is above tits? Or even fab is above amazing. Like... @Ben this isn't helpful. ;)