What's new

Your On-Site Hotel Count?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ The only reason I did it in Florida was for the transportation. If I was driving, I wouldn't have bothered. If/when I end up back there, I'd be more inclined to stay elsewhere and get taxis.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
From most fave to least fave, based on service, comfort and fabness.

Silver Dollar City's lodge things
The western one at PortAventura.
Big Blue Blackpool
The two at Alton.
Drayton Manor

I think that's it.

Shirofukurou

Mega Poster
WDW Coronado Springs
WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge <3
WDW Grand Floridian
Hersheypark Lodge
Cedar Point Breakers Express (yuck)

The hotels at Europa Park looked incredible, but we ended up staying in a cheapo hostel in town to save money #regrets

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Colloseo and one other at europa. Lovely but expensive

Hotel pirates at nigloland. Fab and well priced

The western one at portav. Nice and great price

Sequoia and santa fe at dlp. Santa during low season was about the same price as offsite once ticket prices are included

Breakers cheap wing at cedar point. Hugely average.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
I have only stayed in one. The Port Aventura Hotel.

I'm not against park hotels but I prefer staying nearby, so I can explore the area. I would stay in a nice themed park hotel.

spicy

Giga Poster
Alton Towers Hotel
Splash Landings Hotel

Chessington hotel when it was a holiday inn

Disneyland Hotel - DLP
New York Hotel - DLP
Sequioa Lodge - DLP
New Port Bay Club - DLP

Animal Kingdom Lodge - WDW
Swan- WDW
Dolphin - WDW
Saratoga Springs - WDW

Cabana Bay - Universal Orlando

Hotel Port Royal - Heide Park

Port Aventura Hotel

Best value for money was definitely Cabana Bay. Great on site hotel, with nice big rooms. Hotel had a great atmosphere as well. Staying there includes the early park entry (which is why I stayed as it is needed for Potter) for around £80 a night, you can't go wrong.

PeteA

Roller Poster
Alton Towers Hotel (awful)
Efteling Hotel (pretty good although not much to do at night)
Heide Park (Decent hotel)
Gardaland (Excellent)
Port Aventura El Paso (good)
Chessington (used to be really good when it was a holiday inn, don't visit anymore)
Blackpool Big Blue Hotel (excellent)
Mt Olympus Hotel Rome (hhmm... hotel was ok I suppose)
Thorpe Park Shark Hotel (I enjoyed it, although the metal walk ways are VERY noisy)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think I stayed in "Disney's Hotel Santa Fe" when I went to DLP back in... 2001?

I don't think I've stayed in any other park hotels since!

zazobo

Hyper Poster
I've stayed at Europa's Hotel Bell Rock a couple of times, it's AMAZING. Bloody expensive, but AMAZING.

Staying at one of the PortAventura hotels in a couple of weeks, not sure which one as it's 'hotel roulette'

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I forgot that I've stayed at the hotel at Chimelong Ocean Kingdom.

It was pretty fab.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I've done:
The Big Blue Hotel - Blackpool.
The Safari Hotel - Chessington.
Both Alton Towers hotels.
Newport Bay Club - Disneyland Paris.
Hotel Port Aventura - PA.
The Colosseo - Europa Park.
Abenteuer Hotel - Heide Park.
I suppose Days Inn at Kings Dominion was kinda on site too, but in no way was it themed so I won't count it.

Out of those, I'd say the Hotel Port Aventura and The Colosseo were the best. Best perks, best location, amazing food, nicest rooms etc... And the theming in the Colosseo is STUNNING!

Gloaty list topic update #2
Hotel Matamba at Phantasialand. One of the better ones I've stayed in, but still not quite as 'wow' as the Colosseo.
Also done a woodland lodge at Alton's Enchanted Village. Quite cute I suppose, but a fooking long walk to the park :eek:

jayjay

Giga Poster
I think I've only done two, because I'm a cheapskate.

Hotel Matamba (Phantasialand) - Bloody great! Everything themed exquisitely and the non-buffet restaurant was lovely, if very pricey. Only bad thing was it was that evening.

Hotel Santa Fe (Disneyland Paris) - Felt basic, don't remember much to write home about the food. Perfectly serviceable, but I felt like Disney could do more than "serviceable."

balrog

Mega Poster
Only did one, I'm usually more a super cheap hostel kind of guy. It was Matamba. So good to wake up to the sight of a B&M invert in your garden.

lachlan

Mega Poster
Two -
Drayton Manor hotel (like any other hotel really)
Splash Landings (on a school trip, was fun)

Usually they're too expensive so I wouldn't consider them

zazobo

Hyper Poster
I love park hotels but wont really bother unless they're considered stand out. Have been to:

Europa- Hotel Bell rock and am staying at Santa Isabel in June
PA- Hotel Caribe and Gold River
Phantasialand- Matamba.

All have been great but my fave was probably Bell Rock, although it's miles from the park so Gold River at PA and Matamba have the advantage on that. Also awesome views.

Matt N

CF Legend
The only park hotels I’ve ever stayed in are:
  • Alton Towers Hotel
  • Splash Landings Hotel (Alton Towers)
  • Enchanted Village (Alton Towers)
  • Newport Bay Club (DLP)
Don’t really remember Newport Bay Club that well, as I was about 7 when we stayed, but the 3 Alton Towers hotels are OK from experience. Admittedly, the Enchanted Village’s breakfast was inferior to a Premier Inn breakfast in July 2017, and AT hotels are quite expensive, but I’ve always had good experiences at them. My family now stays in the Uttoxeter Premier Inn when visiting Alton, which is also nice.