What's new

Your Least Common Opinion?

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Not the most controversial view you have on a coaster, but the one you have that you see the least amount of other enthusiasts agreeing with you on? What's that one thing you post and you can never, not even once, recall someone agreeing with you on it? Could be anything as drastic as Dragon Wagons being better than Boulder Dash, or just simply thinking a coaster looks ugly.

For me, I think this one has to be: Raging Bull is the best B&M hyper. Yes I know aside from a few moments (albeit good ones) of airtime you're in your seat most of the time on this early version of the model. However, my favorite thing about this hyper is that it does other things instead of just passable airtime the whole ride. B&M hypers typically have a good amount of very sustained airtime but compared to Intamin, Gravity Group, and RMC, it's pretty weak. Instead, Raging Bull focuses mostly on using momentum to sling itself up into some pretty well-paced high turning elements, and that combined with its interaction with Viper and fun little turning bit at the end was enough to seal the deal on this being my favorite in the set. I love this coaster, I even have the wooden postcard hanging in my room.

Edward M

Strata Poster
I prefer Rollin' Thunder, a Zamperla clone of Thunderbolt at Coney Island, to Twisted Colossus. I think I may be the only person to have that opinion.
I also prefer Kumba over many notable coasters, including Storm Chaser and Wicked Cyclone.
Lastly, I greatly prefer Scream! to Bizarro, SFGAdv. Found the latter dull and boring and the former a great B&M looper.

Lastly, not coaster related but park based, I've yet to find anyone who agrees with me that Animal Kingdom is better than all the other Orlando parks, and I've never seen anyone who prefers Universal Studios Hollywood to Universal Studios Florida (the park not the resort).

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
For me, I think this one has to be: Raging Bull is the best B&M hyper. Yes I know aside from a few moments (albeit good ones) of airtime you're in your seat most of the time on this early version of the model. However, my favorite thing about this hyper is that it does other things instead of just passable airtime the whole ride. B&M hypers typically have a good amount of very sustained airtime but compared to Intamin, Gravity Group, and RMC, it's pretty weak. Instead, Raging Bull focuses mostly on using momentum to sling itself up into some pretty well-paced high turning elements, and that combined with its interaction with Viper and fun little turning bit at the end was enough to seal the deal on this being my favorite in the set. I love this coaster, I even have the wooden postcard hanging in my room.
You need to get your arse to Carowinds so you can stop talking ****. ;)

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I prefer Rollin' Thunder, a Zamperla clone of Thunderbolt at Coney Island, to Twisted Colossus. I think I may be the only person to have that opinion.
I also prefer Kumba over many notable coasters, including Storm Chaser and Wicked Cyclone.
Lastly, I greatly prefer Scream! to Bizarro, SFGAdv. Found the latter dull and boring and the former a great B&M looper.

Lastly, not coaster related but park based, I've yet to find anyone who agrees with me that Animal Kingdom is better than all the other Orlando parks, and I've never seen anyone who prefers Universal Studios Hollywood to Universal Studios Florida (the park not the resort).
Speaking of Thunderbolt at Coney, for me it was a smooth, comfortable, enjoyable ride.

Will

Strata Poster
Despite its best attempt to break my neck at one point during my last ride, Tornado at M&Ds is amazing.

Taron is highly overated by CF as a whole. It has too many corners.

Behemoth is better than Leviathan.

Last edited:

Edward M

Strata Poster
Speaking of Thunderbolt at Coney, for me it was a smooth, comfortable, enjoyable ride.
Oddly, I hate Thunderbolt, found it awkward, rough, and poorly built. Rollin' Thunder just has far superior restraints and is overall much smoother. Plus it has airtime comparable to Storm Chaser.

Mitchell

Roller Poster
I like this, just pure honesty and no over the top arguments or unnecessary insults ... sorry I didn't really contribute in any way ...

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I seem to enjoy Superman at SFNE more than most others (signature below). The restraints don't bother me that much and the airtime is still fab imo :D

Mack

Mega Poster
Twisted Colossus should have a brake run before entering green even if total stop or an extra helix or something (and 4 trains...).

Mack

Mega Poster
I seem to enjoy Superman at SFNE more than most others (signature below). The restraints don't bother me that much and the airtime is still fab imo :D
Bizarro @ SFNE is a pretty common contender for the best, so you're not alone. :emoji_smile: