What's new

Your Least Common Opinion?

Snoo

The Legend
Gotta give a really uncommon opinion.
I actually really like SLC's. Maybe it's because I'm tall and pretty tight in the restraints, but I don't find them to hurt as much as everyone else says. (The same goes for standard Vekoma Boomerangs, but to a lesser extent)

200.gif

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Gotta give a really uncommon opinion.
I actually really like SLC's. Maybe it's because I'm tall and pretty tight in the restraints, but I don't find them to hurt as much as everyone else says. (The same goes for standard Vekoma Boomerangs, but to a lesser extent)

I could agree with you on the boomerangs as I really enjoy them particularly the one at Hershey with the nice restraints but SLC's are just aids

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
I really can't figure out what the deal with Arthur is.

If you consider it to be a coaster, it's a terrible coaster as it slows down every 10 feet.
If you consider it to be a darkride, it's hugely inferior to any 2014 state-of-the-art darkride.
It combines the bad sides of both.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
I think Nighthawk is a mildly enjoyable ride.
While I wouldn't say it's the best flyer I've ridden, the roughness doesn't bother me. It really just feels like the train's gonna fall apart, but the shakiness didn't affect the ride experience too much.

Matt N

CF Legend
I know that these couple I've thought of may potentially cause some anger, so I apologise in advance, but here goes. I think I may be the only person to have some of these opinions:
  • I preferred the Hungarian Horntail side of Dragon Challenge to the Chinese Fireball side because I seem to remember it being slightly less jolty and uncomfortable.
  • Streak is my favourite woodie at BPB.
  • Icon is my top UK coaster.
  • Mako is better than Icon, in my opinion.

shaunthatkid

Mega Poster
I really can't figure out what the deal with Arthur is.

If you consider it to be a coaster, it's a terrible coaster as it slows down every 10 feet.
If you consider it to be a darkride, it's hugely inferior to any 2014 state-of-the-art darkride.
It combines the bad sides of both.
i good mix is valhalla a dark water ride!

Snoo

The Legend
I know that these couple I've thought of may potentially cause some anger, so I apologise in advance, but here goes. I think I may be the only person to have some of these opinions:
  • I preferred the Hungarian Horntail side of Dragon Challenge to the Chinese Fireball side because I seem to remember it being slightly less jolty and uncomfortable.
  • Streak is my favourite woodie at BPB.
  • Icon is my top UK coaster.
  • Mako is better than Icon, in my opinion.

I'm not going to apologize if I physically hurt you for apologizing again. :p

As far as Mako, I think I've seen a few who've been on both who agree. I'd have to scour the forums tho.. lol

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Here’s another good one: I don’t get all the hate for Tempesto.

Sure SeaWorld cheaper out on the sliding station so the capacity virtually sucks now but the ride itself is great. Nice and smooth, some decent Premier airtime in there, the hangtime at the top is insane. And those comfort collars everyone and their brother gripes about? I didn’t even notice them.

Both Phobia and Tempesto are great rides and I would love to see more of these pop up.

Snoo

The Legend
Here’s another good one: I don’t get all the hate for Tempesto.

Sure SeaWorld cheaper out on the sliding station so the capacity virtually sucks now but the ride itself is great. Nice and smooth, some decent Premier airtime in there, the hangtime at the top is insane. And those comfort collars everyone and their brother gripes about? I didn’t even notice them.

Both Phobia and Tempesto are great rides and I would love to see more of these pop up.

It doesn't fit the lineup that they have at ALL. It seems rushed and haphazardly placed on top of Apollos Chariot. We had never seen an addition done like that at BGW and it was disappointing that they would "stoop" to a quick cash grab like that when they had so much more they could have done.

EpochEmu

Mega Poster
It doesn't fit the lineup that they have at ALL. It seems rushed and haphazardly placed on top of Apollos Chariot. We had never seen an addition done like that at BGW and it was disappointing that they would "stoop" to a quick cash grab like that when they had so much more they could have done.
I’m sure it was well thought out. The location is weird but cheap clones are not always bad, especially since it’s not like there are any SRII clones near BGW. They could stoop to much lower levels and I think we should be glad they got a new coaster.

Snoo

The Legend
I’m sure it was well thought out. The location is weird but cheap clones are not always bad, especially since it’s not like there are any SRII clones near BGW. They could stoop to much lower levels and I think we should be glad they got a new coaster.

Location is weird and being a cheap clone is the problem tho. As you said it was well thought out but.. bad location and it being a cheap clone makes me think otherwise. And with Busch parks, we've come to expect better over the years.

Now the ride itself? Doesn't bother me. But everything else about it does.