What's new

Your favourite fizzy drink receptacle

What is your favourite fizzy drink receptacle?

• Draught

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Canned

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Glass Bottle

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Plastic Bottle

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Following on from the Coke vs. Pepsi thread, I realised we needed a poll about what is the best way to drink your favourite fizzy beverage! Mine is draught, it's overly sweet and more refreshing I find...I love it.

Burniel

Roller Poster
As a general rule, I'd say draught, but my only criticism is that I've sometimes found draught to be the flattest, although that probably has a lot to do with who's pouring it.

Cans are good, and they're probably the receptacle I use the most. Only downside is they have to be enjoyed in one sitting, which makes them inconvenient for use when at parks etc.

I haven't had many glass bottles, but I gather they're quite good. Not a fan myself, mainly because I haven't had many, but I can see why people like them.

I drink from plastic bottles a lot, mainly because I most commonly buy a fizzy drink at a corner shop or something, where the choice is typically can or plastic bottle. They're convenient when you want a little more than a can or need to be able to drink it over the course of a day, but it would probably be my last choice if I was sitting down and had all four put in front of me.

So overall, draught I suppose.

Snoo

The Legend
Cold Pepsi in a plastic bottle is second to none. I do like some glass bottles from time to time as well. As I do barely drink it, tough to determine.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I'd say from the Fountain is best. Cool, refreshing, and gives you the ability to mix different drinks if you so please(thanks to @SimonSays99 for telling me about the amazing Coke + Orange Fanta mix!).

I must also add that Coke Freestyles are incredible things that everyone needs

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Portability is something I hadn't considered.

In that cause draught/fountain in a reusable thing they do at parks is the winner.

Sandman

Giga Poster
I prefer cans of fizzy drinks myself with Coke, Irn Bru & Vimto being my usual choices. I always used to want an ice cold glass of Coke, I think because they always "looked" better on the adverts, but I've found a can to (somehow?) be more refreshing and extra fizzy tasting. I tend end up with a prematurely flat drink when I opt for 500ml bottles on my work breaks.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It tastes like it looks.
Yeah, it's essentially carbonated Donald Trump.

Glass bottle for me. It always reminds me of summers outside of pubs in a beer garden when I was a kid. It feels "premium" - mostly because it's stupidly expensive :)