What's new

Your favorite coasters to marathon

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
What coaster(s) is your favorite to ride over and over and over and over again without wanting to get off nor getting sick of it? Obviously some of us may say our favorite coasters, but some of us may not feel that way because they're favorites may not be too re rideable after a while (Voyage and Boulder Dash immediately come to mind when I think of immensely popular rides that aren't too re rideable). Me personally, any RMC (should be expected), B&M Hypers and lower intensity, smooth inverts are my favorite. I marathoned Patriot for over 40 rides one day and that was a blast, never got sick of it.

Snoo

The Legend
Millennium Force is incredibly rerideable. I've enjoyed a few marathons on that bad boy.. probably my favorite steel to do that on. Woody? Ravine Flyer II most likely. I've enjoyed the same type of marathons and it just remained awesome throughout.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Most of my top 10 is coasters that i'd consider very reridable (nemesis is probably the only one which I'd limit to about 3 or 4 goes) - IMO to be marathonable it needs to be exciting, yet not nauseating, so collossos and silver star are probably the two "most polite" choices for marathoning, Taron is very varied, yet not too intense feeling so would also make a good choice, but I really could ride skyrush again and again and the only reason to move would be to change seats

IG9887

Roller Poster
Top marathons on a coaster has to be a tie between Iron Rattler, Skyrush, and Phoenix. I could ride those for days, or even live on them to be honest lol

seamaur

Roller Poster
My favorite rides to marathon at my home park, SF Great America, are American Eagle and Raging Bull.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
The three that I like(d) to marathon are Goliath(SFGAm), Viper(SFGAm), and Monster(Adventureland). Goliath always packs a punch from the start to the very end, and I always 'discover' a new aspect of the ride each time. Viper has some of the best floater airtime that I've experienced, and always has a relatively short line, making it easier to marathon, and also has a lot to take in with each ride. Monster was just soo much fun. On paper, it doesn't really do too much, but it all works together so well, creating a fun, enjoyable, and extremely re-rideable coaster.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I preferred marathoning both Taron and Wildfire to any others. I imagine that consecutive night rides on Helix would also be amazing.
I loved my marathons on Skyrush, El Toro and GeForce, but I ached by the end of the night, still incredible, but tough on the body.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Agree with Caffeine Demon, anything in my top 10.

I really like something with outrageous airtime and perfect pacing - Helix, Taron, Outlaw Run, Shambz etc. Simplistic launch coasters, TTD and Stealth, are also very whoreable.

On the other end of the scale, anything with tightly packed inversions or constant high forces (B&M inverts, Colossus and Smiler for example) are great to ride two or three times in a row but not something I'd ride constant for an hour.

I did some maths! To travel a marathon distance on Helix, you'd have to ride it 30.5 times, which seems doable. Although I'm not sure if they'd let you do a Paula Radcliffe if you got caught short!

Snoo

The Legend
I guess I attacked this subject completely wrong.. lol.

I was thinking Top 10 was an obvious choice for most folks. I was thinking of some OTHER coasters you've been on that would be great that may not be noticeable in your signature or avatar.

Maybe I'm just weird.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I was thinking Top 10 was an obvious choice for most folks. I was thinking of some OTHER coasters you've been on that would be great that may not be noticeable in your signature or avatar.
I think the obvious ones are the Gravity Group woodies, Twister @ Grona Lund and Wooden Warrior are well worth a marathon.
Edit - And any B&M Hyper, Silver Star <3

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Maverick and RF II rank so highly on my count due to their re-rideability. Great forces and layouts that do not dull ride after ride. Personal marathon bests are 27 on Maverick and 8 on RF II.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
Stealth, Helix and Wildfire all stand out as fun to marathon.
Anything smooth, or short and intense is good.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Another vote for Stealth, the launch never seems to lose its punch and the short length makes it really addictive in a 'just one more go then...' way.

Shambhala is also fantastic to whore because of how comfortable it is, by the sixth or so ride in a row I find myself lost in a deep daydream as I float over the camelbacks. It feels so euphoric and I never want that to end hence why I'll jump straight back on.

Another factor in what makes a coaster re-rideable is how it varies in different seats. On Shambhala for example the airtime feels so different depending on where you're positioned so after a few goes towards the front I'm craving a ride on the back so I can be whipped down the hills. This really prolongs the time it takes to get bored of re-riding.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Fujiyama would be my perfect marathon coaster. It's traditional, doesn't do anything too exciting but everything it does, it does very well and it could keep me entertained for hours <3

I'm quite good with forces (never sit anything out in ERT) so don't mind marathoning anything really but the most pleasurable rides that come to mind would be those that are simply fun. A good GCI maybe...Joris or Lightning Run perhaps.

Last edited:

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Joris easily. Coasters like Helix and Wildfire leave me too satisfied for me to want to ride all day, plus I'd get scared that I'd spoil the wow-feeling for myself. Joris never left me with such a wow-feeling but is just insanely fun, comfortable, smooth and never gets old.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Shambhala alllll the way. It's just so beautifully smooth and for me, is the definition of rerideable. I've only ever managed 5 or 6 ride (in a row) due to visiting the park with non-goons who wanted to do other stuff... Lame.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Really any of my top 10 would be great to marathon. My favorite marathons have been Lightning Rod, Outlaw Run, Kumba, and Rampage AA where I got rides again and again. However, most of the rides in my top 10 to 25 would be great to marathon. The only rides I wouldn't want to marathon in it are probably Voyage, Beast, and Storm Chaser. Voyage is too rough to do more than 3 or 4 times without a break. Beast would be boring by the time you've done 3 or 4 rides. Storm Chaser is just so intense with its airtime I'm unsure if I could do it more than 5 or 6 times in a row. I think the best coasters for marathoning would be the B&M Hypers, especially Shambhala and Goliath SFOG. These rides are just so pleasant but provide a great thrill. They seem ideal for marathoning.