What's new

Yorkshire Tripper III Trip Reports!

tks

Strata Poster
Pretty much sums up my weekend:

295998_10150820782690381_560120380_20867754_454803651_n.jpg

Martyn

Giga Poster
I see the Bongo Warriors are trying to man up a bit... they've lost the white furry boots!

I bet it still doesn't detract from the fact that 80% of the show is just awkward dancing... haha.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
For those of you who wish to relive the best inverted coaster at Flamingoland...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNtFr7pdXbo[/youtube]

WelcomeToOblivion

Giga Poster
It is truly amazing. But the best part was that you looked like you were really into flying that plane due to holding the camera <3

Good Morning ladies and gentlemen, your pilot for today is Ian Bell.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ That video is fab <4 (I used a 4 because it's one better than 3).

Nic

Strata Poster
Brilliant video as ever, JayJay! <6

And yes, Mouse, it did hurt as much as our faces suggest. Still, I guess it serves us right for doing a "fat car"!

bazpa

Hyper Poster
Great video again jayjay, really captures the fun of the weekend.

What a fun weekend it was too, lots of laughs and everything that a live should be. Whenever this weekend has happened before I always preferred the Flamingoland day over Lightwater by a long margin but this time Lightwater ruled big time, just pure awesomeness from start to finish.

Up with the larks to ride the Ultimate and due to it running a little slower so early in the day I actually managed 3 rides which I'd never have been able to do if it was at full strength.
Raptor attack was a great way to revamp an old ride and was very impressive.
The olympics were fun to watch, I wouldn't have minded a go - at least in the egg & spoon race but by the time I caught up with everyone it had already started and I needed a rest.

One thing I wasn't looking forward to was the food, I was actually thinking of going to the Granary this time and getting something decent to eat so it was a nice surprise when Simon decided to get us all a discount in there, very much appreciated and a good meal was had by all - just a shame the fish fryers were not working so the choice was limited and meant they weren't prepared for a large group and some had to wait a long time for their food, but it was worth waiting for.

Special thanks must go to Simon for making the day so special with so many little touches such as the magic shows and freebies on the game stalls as well as a great deal of anecdotes about the park and its history and future. The final rides on the Ultimate at the end of the day showed the difference in the ride once it was running at full speed, I could only manage one circuit by then.

The only downer on the day was the weather with a few heavy downpours but it couldn't spoil such a great day.

Flamingoland sunday by comparison was a bit of a let down, just seemed like there was no atmosphere to the park, plus we went from being VIP guests to a bunch of f***ing geeks as one ride op on Kumali managed to greet us. In spite of there being a lot more rides at Flamingoland the day was just lacking something. Certainly not lacking in the smell department. I think the drains need a good flush out with some strong bleach, and both parks need something done about the wasps problem - thankfully nobody got stung.
Unfortunately the weather ended the day a bit early and by 4pm most of us were on our way home without even a proper goodbye being said.

Thanks to Nic for some great organisation and to Ian for the lifts and Mark for letting us stay at his flat saturday night, and special thanks to Simon for making saturday such a great day, and to everybody for being there.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I know the conversation has moved on now, but seeing as I missed it to start with:

Who has the 3D GoPro set-up? I've got one GoPro, but someone's got to have a bit of money lying around for two! :p

Looks like you all had fun, sorry I couldn't be with you!

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Apparently there were two separate incidents.
I was involved in something with JayJay where the ride ops let through too many people to load. Then, instead of calling someone back, they sat down sniggering and said to each other 'lets see how long it takes them to notice'!! I was next in the queue and so lent over and asked if they were actually going to call anyone back. Poor JayJay was searching around for a seat that didn't exist and the loading time was getting longer and longer! Since the ride ops didn't bother to answer me, I just called out to him myself that they'd let too many people on! The ride ops gave me evils!

No idea about the 'geeks' comment though. I wasn't aware of that until I read it on here!!

The guy on the Go Gator was rude too. We walked up just to have an attempt at getting on, and he comes out with 'and where do you gentlemen think you're going?' We tried to blag it but he was really rude and abrupt.

We were also not allowed to have 4 adults in the car ride opposite the children's ghost train. Only two at a time, and only in the back, for some unknown reason. FL has some bizarre rules!

And then there was the smell.....

Martyn B

CF Legend
Wow, they let too many people through, they're like so cool. You so should have made some sarky comment about the ability to count to 20 (or however many it is).

Dave

CF Legend
Speaking of Flamingoland I need to get around to writing my trip report of it...do it tomorrow. Too nervous about this bloody job.