What's new

WTF Merlin?

Dar

Hyper Poster
With ERT only being for MAP and hotel guests, they've entirely removed any incentive to book online. An online ticket is £33, but you can use a 2-4-1 and get in for £27.50 each. I thought their big idea was being able to plan in advance with online sales, but now that's gone and they're back where they were a few years ago?

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
With ERT only being for MAP and hotel guests, they've entirely removed any incentive to book online. An online ticket is £33, but you can use a 2-4-1 and get in for £27.50 each. I thought their big idea was being able to plan in advance with online sales, but now that's gone and they're back where they were a few years ago?
I really think parks should experiment with prebook only during peak. It would solve the crowding problem, for one thing, and you have a no refunds policy so they've already got your money. Introduce Chessington's rainy day thing company wide, too.

I'm not saying it would work, I'm saying it would be an interesting idea to try. But the problem is they've got to stick it out and really work on the marketing, like I said in previous posts, to actually see if new ideas work. You can't just half arse it and wonder why it doesn't work. I mean, I think the Thorpe no-queue idea they tried a few years ago was dumb, but they tried it for literally a few hours and gave up.

NO ONE pays full price on the gate anyway, so, why even have the option?? I think Ian once found out it was 7% of guests pay full on gate.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Help build the new Alton Towers by sponsoring a brick...
The Ts & Cs are hilariously sketchy:

"It is envisaged that the bricks will be displayed at the Admissions plaza site (or elsewhere if specifically stated by us) for a minimum of 2 years but it is anticipated to be longer. In exceptional circumstances, the Alton Towers Resort reserves the right to move or relocate the bricks without liability"

And they're £50! :eek:

jayjay

Giga Poster
I'm torn between not feeling like it was ever a good fit for a haunted house ride (it feels a bit too doofy and triumphant) and having buckets of nostalgia for it (see Air for more details)

Will

Strata Poster
The first few times I heard it I was kind of reminded of the music from Ghostbusters, so it seemed a good fit. Probably just me though! :)

Bert2theSpark

Mega Poster
Don't Thorpe Park use the (now old) Duel soundtrack as the Fright Nights Rumba Rapids soundtrack? It'll still be played then, hopefully.

Will

Strata Poster
I'm not dragging myself all the way down to bloody Thorpe just to hear a soundtrack I like! Not even when they play that Midnight Syndicate track that rips off the riff from Hallowed be thy Name! :p