What's new

Worst coasters you've ridden (Bottom 5/10)

ukthemeparkfan

Roller Poster
I one new addition to the worst coaster I have ever ridden python at efetling or as like to call it the heavy metal coaster because it makes your head bang

Mushy999

Roller Poster
ukthemeparkfan said:
I one new addition to the worst coaster I have ever ridden python at efetling or as like to call it the heavy metal coaster because it makes your head bang

Really? I went about two weeks ago and found it quite smooth for a 25 year old Vekoma.

1996Coaster

Roller Poster
Not in any particular order, but certainly all about as bad as each other.

1. Storm Surge - Thorpe Park: I know, it's not a coaster, but it does follow a set layout like a coaster does and to be honest, I can't really think of another roller coaster I truly dislike. That and I think Storm Surge is the second worst ride I've been on in my entire 20 years of being alive only behind the awful Rotor rides at fun fairs. Awkward seating on the rafts, ridiculous queue times, beyond the realms of tedium, looks awful off ride and about 1 minute of your roughly 5 minute ride is actually spent on the descent and not on the laughably long lift hill or extremely slow drift from the slide back to the station. One of it's biggest crimes is blocking the view of the X building, which was once an icon for Thorpe Park, now just tucked behind a colossal metal frame. Really hate this one big time as you can probably guess :lol:

2. Infusion - BPB: Obvious really, painful, boring SLC.

3. G-Force - Drayton Manor: Too short, painful restraint design, pointless, massive queue lines sometimes over 45 mins.

4. Buffalo Mountain Coaster - Drayton Manor: A tedious ride that uses the term "it's for kids" to pass off a messy, cheap looking coaster with more straight sections than the park's miniature railway.

5. Turbo Coaster - Brighton Pier: Been on two ZL42s about as rough as each other, but at least Klondike Gold Mine had alright theming.

Just my opinion though and if anyone likes these rides then that's cool, glad someone can find enjoyment in them! :--D

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Re: Your Bottom 10

Jarrett said:
10. Wildcat, Lake Compounce
9. Predator, Darien Lake
8. Fly The Great Nor'Easter, Morey's Piers
7. T3, Kentucky Kingdom
6. Son of Beast, Kings Island
5. Mind Eraser, Darien Lake
4. Ninja, Six Flags Over Georgia
3. Gwazi (Lion), BGT
2. Mind Eraser, Six Flags New England
1. Flight Deck, Canada's Wonderland

Darien Lake was nice enough to come on in here and drop two turds for me. Emily was even nice enough to force me into the back on Predator to laugh at my pain like the lovely sadist she is. Predator is the reason my neck is throbbing while I'm on my feet at work for hours at a time, Mind Eraser was a lovely mixture of jack hammering and head banging, though they were both relatively mild and nowhere near as severe as NE Mind Eraser's severe jackhammering or Flight Deck's severe head banging.

DeathEater91

Roller Poster
Haven't ridden a lot yet but so far the worst I have ridden are:

Son Of Beast at Kings Island. The first drop was alright but after that it got seriously painful. That wasn't the biggest issue. The biggest problem was how boring the ride was. I'm always aware woodies are gonna be slightly bumpy. This trash was nearly unbearable. Worst helixes ever. That's all the ride was. The loop was glass smooth but the rest of the ride is so awful it didn't help it.

Boomerang at Knott's Berry Farm. Always wanted to ride a Boomerang. Thought everyone was being dramatic about them. Finally got Knott's this year and rode it. Could not believe the pain I was in. Worst restraints ever. While going up the first hill, my knees were crushed against the car due to gravity letting me fall forward. Could not feel the speed at all due to how rough the ride is. Was looking forward to blacking out a bit due to the high g forces but didn't happen.

Cedar Creek Mine Ride. Always thought mine train coasters are about good theming. No theming at all. Crappy seats. Boring ride overall.

Firehawk. I don't know why everyone at my home park loves this. While it's not painful like Boomerang, it's just really uncomfortable. The layout isn't really that interesting. Not all that thrilling either.

AshleyScared

Roller Poster
10. Trailblazer (Hersheypark)
9. Hurler (Kings Dominion)
8. Green Lantern (Six Flags Great Adventure)
7. Blue Hawk (Six Flags Over Georgia)
6. Mind Eraser (Six Flags New England)
5. Runaway Mine Train (Six Flags Great Adventure)
4. Dahlonega Mine Train (Six Flags Over Georgia)
3. Grizzly (Kings Dominion) - I'm going to explain this one before I get shot by angry Grizzly fans who don't live near KD at all. Kings Dominion is my home park and Grizzly has gotten incredibly rough over the past year. Your legs WILL be slammed into the lap bar during the airtime hills.
2. Georgia Cyclone (Six Flags Over Georgia)
1. Wildcat (Hersheypark)

jayjay

Giga Poster
jayjay said:
There's very few coasters I could legitimately claim to dislike, but excessive pain will usually do it. In no particular order:

Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril - Intamin took inspiration from Pinfari and decided to copy the pain too.
Ukko - Maurer Skyloop at Sarkanniemi. I don't like hangtime
G-Force - Maurer X Car. I don't like hangtime (or being crushed by overzealous lapbars)
Trombi - My only Volare to date. And apparently it's not even the worst.

Since my last trip, I'm adding Tornado (Bakken) and Insane (Gröna Lund). Tornado is vicious, and Insane... whose idea was it to have a train enter a vertical brake run upside-down? Yuck.

Also, I forgot the first time round: special mention to Anaconda at Walygator for winning the "most colossal waste of potential" award.

sparky2u

Mega Poster
Stampida - Portaventura, Spain, I only rode it twice in 7 days as both time I got a headache & numb hands. This coaster has the wrong trains on & should be re-tracked or RMC asap.

SOB - Kings Island. Rode this in 2000, this was so bumpy that the train bounced along the track, my hands went numb. But at least i've ridden it & will always remember the drop into the loop & the loop itself. Again wrong trains on this coaster.

SAW - Thorpe Park. This coaster is too bumpy at the bottom of each drop but that's the case for all Euro-Fighters.

Wild Mouse - BPB. This coaster is just brutal, every drop you bounce & the 90 degree corners are insane. I love this coaster but needs to be smoother. A cracked rib is quite common esp when double riding.

Ultimate - LLV. For a coaster which got engineers from British Rail to oversee the construction, this one brutal baby esp the 2nd 1/2 when its in the woods. You can't help laughing as your knees smack against the middle sides of the trains.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Re: Your Bottom 10

TilenB said:
Hey dude, you only have to go to page 9 of General Discussions to find the topic I've created on the matter. Stop stealing my ideas! ;)

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=35539

My bottom 10, including kiddies, since a coaster that beats you up is terrible, no matter what size it is...

10. Cobra, Tivoli Friheden
9. Bandit, Movie Park Germany
8. Blue Tornado, Gardaland
7. Infusion, PBB
6. Space Train, local fair (owned by Lunapark Astra?)
5. Baden, Carnival Teneriffe (or was it Uve, there's a bunch of those on coaster count that look the same)
4. Volare, Prater
3. Superman: Escape from Krypton, SFMM
2. Condor, Walibi Holland
1. Grand National, PBB (just the thought of it makes my back hurt)

10. Infusion, PBB
9. Dream Catcher, Bobbejaanland
8. Space Train, local fair (owned by Lunapark Astra?)
7. Disney World, random fair in Barcelona
6. Vleermuis, Plopsaland de Panne
5. Baden, Carnival Teneriffe (or was it Uve, there's a bunch of those on coaster count that look the same)
4. Volare, Prater
3. Superman: Escape from Krypton, SFMM
2. Condor, Walibi Holland
1. Grand National, PBB (just the thought of it makes my back hurt)

Rachel

Coaster MILF
Rachel said:
Not sure if I've posted in here before but my bottom 10 currently looks like this -

1. El Condor (Easily the roughest coaster I've ever ridden!)
2. Infusion
3. Blue Tornado
4. Diabolik
5. Klondike
6. G-Force
7. Revolution
8. Sequoia Adventure
9. Python
10. Magic Mountain

Vekoma appears to be the recurring theme, ha!

Insane at Grona Lund is now at the top of this list, just awful!

Mushy999

Roller Poster
A new challenger approaches!

10. Thirteen (Alton Towers) - This was just underwhelming with all the hype surrounding it and that they got rid
of an icon of the park in Corkscrew for a coaster that doesn't seem to know what it is.
9. Temple of the Nighthawk (Phantasialand) - Now I feel bad for putting this in this list because I
wouldn't say I disliked it but with Phantasialand's level of theming this just seems... forgotten? I know it's
one of their older attractions but the station looks tacky and with just a few lit up bits of scenery in the
actual ride section then it could become a decent coaster like Vogel Rok.
8. Stampida (Portaventura) - Really rough the last time I rode it and I understand it's got better since then but
I only have my experience to go off and so unfortunately has to be in this list, which is a shame because I like
the layout.
7. Robin Hood (Walibi Holland) - This is a weird one because the ride would be quite fun if it wasn't for the
restraints which felt like they were trying to hack my legs off during each airtime hill.
6. Gwazi (Busch Gardens Tampa) - In a similar vein to Stampida I rode this when it started to get painful,
the layout for this was also fun too.
5. Primeval Whirl (Animal Kingdom) - Weirdly for Disney this felt a cheap option when they could have got better
(IMO) spinning coasters. I find Reverchon spinners to be really tacky.
4. Infusion (Blackpool Pleasure Beach) - Was it this rough when it was the Traumatizer? Not as bad as another
well-known SLC at the number 1 spot of my list but still always leaves me wondering every time
why I ride it expecting it to be good.
3. X (Thorpe Park) - Still don't understand how this has survived the chopping block for so long, it's
infuriatingly bad. Surely there's better uses of the space and whilst it continues to avoid it there's the chance Thorpe
could install VR on it to create a disasterpiece.
2. Bandit (Movie Park Germany) - My first Rollercoaster Corporation of America woodie and I can safely say I'm not surprised there's only been 8 built, with 4 of them being removed pretty quickly too. The layout is a bit bland but it's the fact that it trundles around the layout yet still manages to slam itself up and down as goes round. The restraints are awkward and uncomfortable and what's with the unnecessary headrests?
1. El Condor (Walibi Holland) - Safely at the number one spot. I knew what I was letting myself in
for beforehand but what didn't help was hearing screams of excitement turn into screams of pain from
those on the ride as I was walking up to it and unsurprisingly it was walk-on. Whilst riding I've never seen a
coaster's train have a domino effect of shunting into the other rows before and even though it's also
on this list I now appreciate Infusion much more after this catastrophe of a ride.

Imagineer Josh

Mega Poster
I haven't posted yet, so I'll go ahead and post my Top 5 worst

5. Pegasus (Mt Olympus)
4. Vortex (KI)
3. Invertigo (KI)
2. Ninja (pre-Blue Hawk)
1. Georgia Cyclone

PineCone666

Roller Poster
I only have ridden 2 bad coasters.

Colossus at Thorpe Park. It has the potential to be one of the best coasters at the park, but it hits rock bottom. So rough and painful. Thorpe Park needs to retrack it, repaint it and get rid of those awful OTSR's. If they're not doing that, remove it. At least the music is really good.

Blizzard at some fun fairs. I've only seen this at one fun fair and I can see why. It's a tiny, tiny figure-8 roller coaster that feels the need to have OTSR's. It's the most painful waste of steel ever. Not only that, it goes around not once, but TWICE. This was one of my first coasters and it could have put me off riding them, but thankfully I'm still riding them.

MagnesiumPC

Roller Poster
10. Any S&S Sansei ride with those weird OTS Sausage Restraints. painful and unnecessary.
9. Hoosier Hurricane. A CCI that hasn't aged well.
8. Adventure Express
7. LoCo SuMo. This is a wierd one. Its one of my worst, and my favorites.
6. Any E&F Miler Death Machine
5. Chance Tobaggan Coasters.
4. Mean Streak, pre-RMC
3. Zamperla Volares
2.Pinfari/Interpark Zyklons

And Number one is:
The racer, Kings Island.

Will

Strata Poster
Just realised this is... yet another necro-posted topic, but I've just killed a surprisingly enjoyable hour putting a list together. Tried to limit myself to one ride per type, to avoid a list full of SLCs, Boomerangs, Pinfaris and Intamin launches, but still ended up with 11 whatever I did...

So:
11 - Rattlesnake - Pleasurewood Hills: I'm pleased to say that according to rcdb, this is SBNO, but of the many dull tivolis, this was the worst I could think of. I know they're supposed to be tame, family coasters, but I've ALWAYS hated tivolis and their insistence on subjecting you to numerous, tediously slow laps on trains that are uncomfortable and so excessively long as to deprive the ride of any force whatsoever. Whichever kids actually enjoy these things, they are FAR too easily impressed.

10 - Space Mountain: Mission 2 - Disneyland Paris: This is going to be nearly as controversial as if I'd managed to squeeze Grand National into the list, but no amount of pretty theming and atmosphere can detract from just how unpleasant this thing is to ride. However dressed up, this will always be a vekoma multi-looper and a launched one at that. How it can be so dreadful when RnR is surprisingly enjoyable, I don't fully understand, but I think that only adds to the problem! 1 ride and that was enough.

9 - Looping Star - Codona's Amusements: Scotland is home to a number of small and unpopular looping coasters, but as we headed north of M&Ds, I had no idea that the worst was still to come. The 'Pinfari Looper' category was originally to be filled by Crazy Loop at Pleasure Island, which nearly put 12-year-old Will off coasters forever - but oddly, that's become less violent since moving to Brean, whereas this was just... horrendous. Not even being on a roof redeemed it. EDIT: Just remembered that Looping at Karolinelund existed. This complicates matters.

8 - Big Dipper - Pleasure Beach Blackpool: What hurts the most about adding this to my hall of shame is that I thought it was brilliant when I first rode it back in 2004, but since then, it's become rougher with each passing season, to the point of being unrideable. I made the mistake of sitting towards the back on my last trip to Blackpool and took a severe battering; perhaps the most unpleasant ride I've had since my first experience of Stampida.

7 - Velocity - Flamingoland: Eurgh. For 11 years now, it's appalled me to think that someone actually put pen to paper to design Vekoma's motorbike coasters, looked at the design of the trains, restraints and track and thought 'Yeah, that looks like a pretty cool idea'. Whatever they were on, I hope I never accidentally try it. From the moment you take your 'seat', the experience is an uncomfortable one and this only gets worse when the bloody thing launches. Being the worst coaster at a park which also plays host to Kumali and Mumbo Jumbo is an impressive feat, but Vekoma really pressed ALL the wrong buttons with this one.

6 - Flight Deck - Canada's Wonderland: One thing we can all agree on is that there are FAR too many SLCs in this world, and although there's possibly worse out there than this one, this is the one I have the most recent memories of being abused by. There's not actually much I can add to that; it hurts, and it's dull. My family foolishly rode it, against my advice and continue to complain about it over a year on.

5 - Rita - Alton Towers: As far as Europe goes, Intamin give launched coasters a bad name, but this one in particular is utterly charmless, to the point that I know many people who turn down riding in favour of waiting on a bench for an hour. The launch is loud and rattly, the restraints are downright vicious and the layout looks like it was designed by a five year old with a wax crayon. From time to time, I try to give it another chance, and all that results is disappointment, pain, sickness and all the other horsemen of the apocalypse.

4 - Stunt Fall - Parque Warner Madrid: I knew this coaster by reputation long before I finally rode it in September 2015, and... may have already had a fair amount of hate for it due to the number of games of Coaster Top Trumps that this park and MP-Express have both lost for me. I tried to give it a chance, but as I've said before, this could only be described as the unholy lovechild of a boomerang and an SLC, which inherited all the worst genetic features of both. What results is utter vulgarity.

3 - Sequoia Adventure - Gardaland: S&S really need to stick to tower rides and screaming swings. I assumed the only way was up after Mumbo Jumbo, but I was wrong. Like most people, I really don't consider hangtime to be a pleasant sensation - particularly when combined with those torturous restraints that S&S will insist on using - and that's... pretty much all this ride has. Even as rollercoasters go, it's especially ugly, and a blot on an otherwise fairly pleasant landscape. I'll forgive them for thinking this was an interesting concept to experiment with; but it didn't work, and there's a reason there aren't many of the damn things. The video below shows how I reacted to it back in 2009 [contains naughty words].

2 - G Force - Drayton Manor Park: Another park that truly excels when it comes to constructing mediocrity, but when G-Force appeared on the scene, you could be forgiven for thinking they'd actually set out to build the UK's worst major coaster. This time, the dreadfulness commences well before you board the train, with one of Drayton's trademark cramped, noisy and generally hateful indoor queue lines. The restraints start out unpleasant and, at some point between the lift and the brake run, go from this to draconian torture device. The layout is uninspiring and features yet more hangtime, without any redeeming features.

1 - Coaster Express - Parque Warner Madrid: Despite their utterly woeful operations, I quite enjoyed my day at Parque Warner - at least until this happened. For several months after the trip, I actually started describing things as 'coaster express' rather than dull or boring. I can feel myself getting annoyed just thinking about it now, which is why it's ended up heading the list. The ride does NOTHING, seemingly entirely consisting of low speed corners, and utterly devoid of anything even remotely resembling force or excitement. I'd actually have preferred it to have been rough, as I'd been previously led to believe, but even that seemed to be too much to ask! It's not just dull and disappointing; it's an insult.

Dishonourable Mentions that just weren't quite bad enough: Space Invader 2, The Smiler, Euro Mir, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril, Furious Baco, Mumbo Jumbo and Zoooom!

Last edited:

CoasterNate99

Roller Poster
In no particular order, here are just a few off the top of my head...
1. Apocalypse at SFA. I've never been fond of B&M Stand-Ups in general, but this one is completely terrible. I rode it once and have no desire to do so ever again.
2. Mind Eraser (SFNE & SFA). Both are equally bad. The best I can describe them is "tolerable."
3. Vortex at KI. Out of the handful of Arrow loopers I've ridden, this one is without a doubt my least favorite for quite a few reasons.
4. Stinger at Dorney. I'm not sure why this is so bad considering I really enjoyed Invertigo at KI, but regardless, it's painful. At least it was open!
5. Thunderhawk at Dorney. I was expecting this to be decent since it just received new trains, track, and other refurbishments, but it was so incredibly painful. I don't think I've ever wanted a ride to end so badly.

Edward M

Strata Poster
New in bold.

10. Howler
9. Flying Ace
8. Mini Mine Train
7. Gwazi
6. Viper SFMM
5. Dahlonega Mine Train
4. Boomerang @ WoF
3. Nighthawk
2. Mantis
1. Ninja, SFSL

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Firehawk at KI wasn't as fun as I hoped it'd be. It was alright but I'd rather ride a B&M Flyer instead of a Vekoma Flying Dutchman.

And of course, Mean Streak. I thought it wouldn't be bad. But it sure as :emoji_zipper_mouth: was worse than I could've imagined.