What's new

Worst coasters you've ridden (Bottom 5/10)

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
TBH, I haven't ridden many roller coasters.

But, the worst one I've ever been on is either Invertigo at KI because it hurt my back (I was probably holding it wrong...) or the Great Pumpkin roller coaster at KI.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
TBH, I haven't ridden many roller coasters.

But, the worst one I've ever been on is either Invertigo at KI because it hurt my back (I was probably holding it wrong...) or the Great Pumpkin roller coaster at KI.
Invertigo wasn't bad when I rode it. I wasn't hurt, but I was dizzy for an hour afterwards.

Edward M

Strata Poster
New in bold.

10. Flying Ace Aerial Chase
9. Mini Mine Train
8. Gwazi
7. Viper SFMM
6. Arkansas Twister
5. Dahlonega Mine Train
4. Boomerang @ WoF
3. Nighthawk
2. Mantis
1. Ninja, SFSL

ThomVD

Giga Poster
From the top of my head:

Typhoon (Bobbejaanland)
The Big One (Blackpool Pleasure Beach)
Anaconda (Walygator Parc)
MP-Xpress/Condor (Movie Park Germany/Walibi Holland)
Hollly's Wilde Autofahrt (Holiday Park)

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
1. Phoenix. Top of my bottom ten (as in the least worst :? ) as it's the only one of these I'd happily ride again to see if there was something I missed. As it was, it was nothing more than a kiddie coaster like the crappier Blackpool woodies, only not as good. As it's supposed to be one of the top ten thrill machines, it obviously fell somewhat short of expectations - so requires to be ridden at least once more to see if there really is anything there.
Responding to a four-year-old post here, but I have never heard an opinion like this of Phoenix. Just to be sure, this is the Knoebels Phoenix you're talking about? Do you still feel this way?
(To be clear, of course I think it's your prerogative to love or hate any ride -- there's no correct opinion here -- I'm just surprised.)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yep, Knoebles. It's not even that it was due to falling to live up to hype, as I'd never even heard of it before.

It just failed to deliver when I rode it. I'm never going to say anyone is wrong who loves it. It was just running terribly on the day I went. Sometimes, that just happens. It's a hard life being a cloaster enthusiast lol

Sent from my E6683 using Tapatalk

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Yep, Knoebles. It's not even that it was due to falling to live up to hype, as I'd never even heard of it before.

It just failed to deliver when I rode it. I'm never going to say anyone is wrong who loves it. It was just running terribly on the day I went. Sometimes, that just happens. It's a hard life being a cloaster enthusiast lol

Thanks for the response. I'm hoping to visit Knoebels for the first time this summer. Your opinion will temper my expectations at least a tad, which is always a good thing.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
The run I had was definitely the exception, so I'm sure you'll love it.

I loved Knoebles as a park to visit though - so you should have a good day no matter what.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Vekoma makes a good chunk of my bottom list, which makes my excitement for Lech Coaster even more surprising.
I can't really bother to rank the very worse ones, but here's a few that I have in mind for all the wrong reasons:

- Condor (Walibi Holland)
- Goudurix
- King (portable coaster)
- La Trace du Hourra (Parc Astérix)
- Xpress (Walibi Holland, again)

SingleRiderReak

Roller Poster
5- Runaway Mine Train (SFOT): Small, but ouch. It's kinda like a wasp.
4- Gwazi (BGT): Can we tear this down for a small Dippin' Dots stall?
3- La Vibora (SFOT): R.I.P. higher expectations for every other bobsled coasters.
2- Big Apple Coaster (Las Vegas): Did someone call for a sore neck for a week?
1- Green Lantern: First Flight (SFMM): Something worse than the movie. Simply put, this is why Ryan Reynolds stars in Deadpool.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
When I initially think about which coasters are particularly bad, not many come to mind, but I'm sure once I get the ball rolling...

- Furius Baco, Port Aventura
- Schweizer Bobbahn, Europa Park
- Bobbahn, Heide Park
- Goudurix, Parc Astérix
- Trombi, Särkänniemi
- Limit, Heide Park
- Ultimate, Lightwater Valley
- Vortex, Kings Island
- Kingda Ka, Six Flags Great Adventure
- Goliath, Six Flags New England

There are more, but I'll stop at 10. Honestly, I can't think of a woodie that's bad enough for this list.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
^Yeah, I never rode it as Deja Vu, but going by my experience on Stunt Fall, the Premier trains really ****ed it up. Not only do they track awfully but the shaping of the seats kept scratching the back of my knees. It was not pleasant.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Do the new trains really make the coaster this awful? I can remember it being pretty good in its previous incarnation in SFMM (also with the old trains).
Yep - Rode old trains goliath about 4 years ago and it was pretty good, rode new trains goliath a year or 2 back and - EUGH!!!

Anyway - one of my entries would be "space coaster" (ex M and Ds - now at Oakwood for some odd reason)... dunno how a small, reasonably pleasant looking family coaster can ride so badly!

Will

Strata Poster
- Bobbahn, Heide Park
- Ultimate, Lightwater Valley.
image.png

Ultimate is fab (though I admit I've never understood why) and Bobbahn is the best of a bad bunch, though again mack bobsleds are acceptable as long as you avoid becoming too intimate with the restraints. Redemption for including dreadful Furious Baco in your list though.

Lofty

CF Legend
I don't have a definitive bottom 5/10, but here's a few of note...

MP Xpress at Movie Park Germany - it was absolutely disgusting one of the worst SLC's I've ever done, hands down.
El Condor at Walibi Holland - the single worst SLC in existence.
Magnus Colossus - the single worst woodie I've ever done, just vile.