What's new

Worlds of Fun | Nordic Chaser | Mack Sea Storm

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Worlds of Fun will announce their New for 2018 addition on August 16 with the rest of the Cedar Fair parks. The leading rumor is that it will be another 1-2 refurbished flat rides.

Reactions: JSM

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Not surprised. A little birdie told me that a certain Swiss company may be coming to the park in 2019 though...
2019 is going to be a big year for the park.

Yeah no need to go back there anytime soon.
This season (and next) were all about getting infrastructure ready to handle increased crowds caused by the addition for 2019. While flat rides and new entrances are not overly exciting to the typical coaster enthusiast, they are necessary for capacity when the big toys do come.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
2019 is going to be a big year for the park.

This season (and next) were all about getting infrastructure ready to handle increased crowds caused by the addition for 2019. While flat rides and new entrances are not overly exciting to the typical coaster enthusiast, they are necessary for capacity when the big toys do come.
Shouldn't have to go 12 years between creds, even at a smaller park.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Shouldn't have to go 12 years between creds, even at a smaller park.

2019 would be 10 years since Prowler - there are parks in the chain that are even worse off. WOF is not really hurting for coasters, but it would be nice if they would add one.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Math is hard. While they do have a serviceable lineup, I'm terrified to see how Prowler has aged when I end up going back.

At least they haven't gotten 4 consecutive family creds like KBF...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Prowler has aged better than a lot of the newer woodies. They've been doing retracking in the more problematic areas the past few years.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
I can agree, Prowler is doing just fine for it's age. I've been to the park twice this season so far and have gotten a few rides on it and it is still pretty smooth. Not brand new GCI level of smoothness, but it is still a fun ride that hasn't been ruined by roughness.

JSM

Mega Poster
A family ride named Nordic Chaser has been announced

On Nordic Chaser, guests of all ages will board mini ships that rotate speedily around a circuit. The ride captures the imagination as guests experience the sensation of rising and falling along ocean waves. The ride will be placed in the park’s Scandinavia themed area.

“The new Nordic Chaser ride will allow parents and children the opportunity to make lasting memories together,” said Tony Carovillano, general manager, Worlds of Fun. “We strive to provide new and exciting changes at Worlds of Fun every year, and look forward to having more families experience every aspect we have to offer at the park."

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
^ If they were to add a B&M or Intamin in the next few years, I would say it would either be a launched wing coaster, or an Intamin wing coaster giga of some kind. That is, only if Intamin wants to build a wing coaster that high.