What's new

Will I fit into Cheetah Hunt?

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
My dad and I are going to Busch Gardens Tampa this summer so that I can pick up that Cheetah Hunt cred that I've wanted since it opened, but I want to know if I need to lose any weight before the trip. I fit onto both Millenium and Maverick in 2011 and Mystery Mine and Wild Eaglee in 2012. However, they were all tight squeezes to a degree. I'm 250 pounds MAX and about 6', and want to know if I will fit. As soon as I get home I can add some pics of myself, but judging by this information, can anyone tell me if I will fit? Ive never been turned away from a ride before but there's a first for everything...

Snoo

The Legend
^That guy. I haven't been on CH, but if you can fit on rides that are notoriously tight fitting, you should be fine.

Of course, your build has everything to do with it. I have a friend who is at MAX 210 who couldnt fit in TTD because he's rocking a booty and some monster thighs.

Jarrett

Thanks for the help guys. I found a few notable pictures of me that could provide some more information. Also, it should be noted that my t-shirt size is XL and my pant size is 38'.

251320_227444967284538_6722345_n.jpg

Me when we know I could fit on Millenium Force...in front of Millenium Force. I'm the one on the left.

426932_479543298741369_2061393695_n.jpg

Here's one of me modeling my Wild Eagle shirt from Dollywood last year.

529317_479542978741401_231845859_n.jpg

Here's one of me in the Wild Eagle test seat.

375616_479543238741375_380945429_n.jpg

And another of me when we know I was able to fit onto Wild Eagle.

408991_600716583290706_1968024072_n.jpg

And here's the most recent picture of me taken. This was taken this past tuesday. It should be noted that I have started school since that trip and due to all of the walking around campus, I've lost a good deal of weight. (If you're bad at faces, I'm the one on the left.)

So hopefully these are good enough to help us decide whether or not I will be able to ride Cheetah Hunt. I'd just like an honest answer so I know whether or not I need to lose any weight before our Tampa trip.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's good job that you pointed out which was you, with you losing weight, I don't think I'd have been able to tell which was you at all there.

Jarrett

furie said:
It's good job that you pointed out which was you, with you losing weight, I don't think I'd have been able to tell which was you at all there.
The last picture or the first one? Because I could fit on MF in 2011 (when that was taken), then I gained some weight but was still able to fit on Wild Eagle in 2012. I honestly don't see much of a difference in that picture (I think it just makes me look fat) but I have been told by a few people that it looks like I lost weight.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
The last picture. I was all like "left or right guy" - because I know school can really change your appearance and it was tough to tell which of you the same guy in the first photo.

This sarcasm thing doesn't seem to be working properly

Jarrett

furie said:
The last picture. I was all like "left or right guy" - because I know school can really change your appearance and it was tough to tell which of you the same guy in the first photo.

This sarcasm thing doesn't seem to be working properly
I thought you were being sarcastic and talking about the last one or the first one. I just wanted to be absolutely sure in case anybody was slightly face blind or anything. People have a tendency to forget how I look for some reason.

ALSO: I read a review saying that if you have a chest bigger than 58 inches you can't ride. I measured mine, and at no point on my body am I bigger than 58 inches. I have a 44 inch chest. I should be fine but can anyone verify this for me?

Snoo

The Legend
Great analysis Martyn. :p

You'll be fine Jarrett. I'm 34/34 and I have plenty of room to spare. No worries bud.

Jarrett

Where do the restraints go is what I'm wondering. Like on Wild Eagle, the restraint constrained your thighs mostly. What normally gets larger people kicked off of Cheetah Hunt? I barely remember Maverick's restraints other than receiving head trauma from them on the ride, but I do vaguely remember slipping around in there a bit during the ride. I'm just scared I might have gotten bigger since then and want to hear of someone bigger than me getting on.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
I would say for health reasons, in addition to getting rid of any sort of anxiety you may have from taking the walk of shame, you should probably cut a minimum of 25 pounds.

I feel you though, I have always been... husky, but topped out at 275 last June. Cut the sodas out, walk for one hour a day, and eat a healthy breakfast and you will cut a pound a week easy. I got down to 215 in 6 months doing that.

Jarrett

rtotheizzo17 said:
I would say for health reasons, in addition to getting rid of any sort of anxiety you may have from taking the walk of shame, you should probably cut a minimum of 25 pounds.

I feel you though, I have always been... husky, but topped out at 275 last June. Cut the sodas out, walk for one hour a day, and eat a healthy breakfast and you will cut a pound a week easy. I got down to 215 in 6 months doing that.
I've been trying to eat better and I'll try to walk to my classes at a slightly brisker pace from now on. I shouldn't be too large (my mom said I don't look like the type to get kicked off of a roller coaster for being too large) but I'll call BGT and ask them about my situation and what they think. The best way to know about this is probably from people who deal with the very problem I'm having every day. Thanks for the advice, though.

Jarrett

gavin said:
2012Jarrett said:
What normally gets larger people kicked off of Cheetah Hunt?

KFC.

LOL!!! I'm definitely avoiding that. I'm trying to see if a broke college student like myself can afford to go peskitarian until this summer.

What I mean is whether the restraints constrain your chest, stomach, or thighs. Because when I rode Wild Eagle, the thing was practically an overhead lap bar and I barely fit.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Intamin OTSR seem to mainly focus on the chest and gut, so base your guess off of any OTSR of theirs youve ridden and adjust accordingly.

Jarrett

Intricks said:
Intamin OTSR seem to mainly focus on the chest and gut, so base your guess off of any OTSR of theirs youve ridden and adjust accordingly.
The only really tight one I've ridden has been Wild Eagle, so I'll base it off of that and Mystery Mine.

nadroJ said:
Just face the facts, cut out the crap and hit the gym. God.
I know what to do (hence the peskitarian thing) I just want to know how to plan this whole thing so that I loose the right kind of weight.

nadroJ

CF Legend
So you don't care about bring fat affecting your health, just so long as you're not too fat to ride a coaster. Got it.