What's new

Wildlands Family Zoo Emmen | Tweestryd | Vekoma Dueling Family Boomerang

Ben

CF Legend
I mean, that doesn’t explain the differences in speed but sure... ;)

ATI is not a new poster and he was being rude and sarcastic. That is different to being a bit wrong, but humble about it.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^I wasn't trying to be rude or sarcastic for **** sake. I was simply stating that IN THEORY the rebound coasters would be the SAME LEMGTH because THEY ARE CLONES!!! I knew RCDB said the lengths were different, but I actually thought there were some mistake, as RCDB can be unreliable, and I have emailed them about TENS of mistakes they have made (that were corrected). And like @Hixee said, the track length figure makes sense to be longer if they include the theming, because it is still track!

And don't bull**** me about not being new, I'm still newer than at least 90% of all the "people" on here.

I am well and truly pissed.

Last edited:

Lofty

CF Legend
Or maybe you don't antagonize him? He was right in that all those Family Boomerangs were the same layout model- the Rebound. Yes, RCDB shows different lengths for each coaster, but how could he know that? Most clones have the same layout, so it would be logical to assume they have the same length. So what he's wrong? You should learn from mistakes, not get bullied over this sort of thing.

This whole idea of superiority in this community really grinds my gears. Especially this hate over newer members. When we started out online, I'm sure we all had some cringeworthy posts. I'm no exception. But I learned from my mistakes, and improved as a poster. Part of this I'm crediting to the friendliness of CoasterForce. You all(at least when I was starting out) were giving me rather encouraging posts, and never really said anything negative to my face. I don't doubt I have some flaws people have problems with, and I'm sure the same is true for many people. But I wouldn't go out posting these derogatory comments on every factual mess up you make. This constant barrage of these negative comments against someone won't help them improve, it's going to make them think they're objectively wrong whenever they post. Our community isn't about constantly calling people out on their mistakes and bashing them for it- we're about inclusiveness and acceptance. Doing this is just going to cause him to leave the forum, and possibly cause lurkers to avoid posting at all. I don't want this to happen, and I doubt any of you want to as well. Yeah, ATI might not be the best poster there is, but let him improve for :emoji_zipper_mouth:'s sake! All of us had that chance, so why berate him now? And going back to your original quote Lofty, there's no 'place' here on the forums! The only hierarchy that exists is that of the staff members over regular members, but that doesn't make us any more or less qualified to post. If you want to say something, say it! Don't make people think they can't because they're inferior to you. All of this bickering over pointless faff like this makes me sick. All of you should know better than that.
Ok, I've had it, officially.

Antagonize him? GWAS, you're trying to pull me up on 'superiority' yet are clearly putting ATI below you, and I by using such a phrase, so get your head out of your ass.

I do not have hate towards newer members, I openly embrace them if they post good quality posts that interact with members and don't get all arsey if they're called out on a 'fact' they post. The reality is that neatly every single topic that ATI has posted in lately has been adding absolutely nothing to the discussion and frankly, a lot of the time, he's been rude, argumentative or condescending towards members who are well established (see the reply to Hixee).

I have, in the past, had discussions with ATI on here, and I even voted him for most improved member for last year as his post quality was really great at one point and he was adding a lot to the forums, not to mention the brilliant research he was doing for news, that quite frankly, kept a lot of the forum topics alive, especially construction ones. You're saying I imply peope are inferior to me, yet you say 'all of you should know better than that', that sort of flippant remark is exactly what you're having a go at me for. So how about before you start to preach to others, you look at your own language.

@ATI, just be careful of how you talk to some members that really know what they're talking about. Instead of the passive/aggressive remarks, or quite stubborn responses, ask them about it - I've learnt SOOOOOO much from some of the established members on this website that's truly helped me in my knowledge of coasters, and even within my career. I don't have a direct issue with you, and like I said above, thank you for your constant updated of construction that most of us can't be arsed to do. But, please, this is not bullying, this is reaction to things that YOU have said or started. I am not a bully, nor are the other members that have replied to you in the same type of way - they're sirens and callouts of things that have been said that might seem negative towards either themselves or other members. Keep posting the good content and cut down on the posts that might not need to be there, or the clear instigations of arguments that aren't needed and you'll get on with more members, because I know the construction updates you supply are truly welcome on here.

I can't really be arsed to post another essay like this, but, if either @GuyWithAStick or @ATI have further issue, feel free to message me and I'll take it there.

Ben

CF Legend
You were being rude and sarcastic, read your post. So stop playing the victim.

I’d love to see you come to a meet up and unleash your anger, that’s hilarious. Is that meant to be scary?

Just have a bit of humility and apologise for being wrong in the first place and then being rude in your response.

Ben

CF Legend
OK cool.

Just a heads up, when people say you’ve been rude about something, the best response isn’t usually to get angry and be more rude.

Lofty

CF Legend
So... dueling family boomerangs. An interesting idea, to say the least. OK, I'll leave now...
giphy.gif

Lofty

CF Legend
Don't be, I thought it was funny!

In other news, this is just Step 1 of this zoo's diversification into the theme park sector. I was chatting with one of their team members this afternoon and he mentioned that they're currently investigating adding additional attractions that 'fit with their brand'. Has anyone had the chance to visit? A few of my colleagues have and said it's outstanding.

balrog

Mega Poster
Am I that stupid , or is there actuallt two diametricaly opposed interpretation of ATI's message.
Fireball is a rebound model and has numerous clones (such as Velociraptor and London Loop), so they will all have the same track length, but thanks.
the "but thanks" may be sarcastic, but in this case, it's not certain at all. It may very well mean "thanks for your post. however, there is a mistake as ... " . Did somemone care to ask ATI the true meaning of it ? Because when I first read that post, I didn't see sarcasm at all, and at first, I really though you xere bashing it for absolutely no reason.

ATI, may you clarify ?

Matt N

CF Legend
Step 1 of diversifying into the theme park sector, eh? Sounds like the start of a developing major player in Europe! Maybe they could go down the Kolmarden route and build a huge RMC woodie? We can dream.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^I was thanking him for taking the time to go on RCDB and look. I was being genuine as far as I am concerned. So that's' why I'm annoyed.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ The stance of sarcasm was taken from your other posts in other conversations at the time. Several members read it as sarcasm, not just one person. This is just going around in absolute circles now, it's ridiculous.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I mean, that doesn’t explain the differences in speed but sure... ;)
London Loop, Fireball and Boomerang are all listed as 37.3mph :p
Velociraptor is listed as faster despite being smaller simply because Paultons rounded up to 40 as many parks seem to do.

If you're wondering where this came from. I saw this topic. Got annoyed and just asked Vekoma. it seemed easier.

Lofty

CF Legend
London Loop, Fireball and Boomerang are all listed as 37.3mph :p
Velociraptor is listed as faster despite being smaller simply because Paultons rounded up to 40 as many parks seem to do.

If you're wondering where this came from. I saw this topic. Got annoyed and just asked Vekoma. it seemed easier.

I love you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk