What's new

Wild Mouse at BPB Closure - R.I.P. 1958-2017

elephant58

Hyper Poster
Yeah, £1800 will be enough to buy that new RMC!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Every little helps! ;) But to be fair, it's good that at least they're trying to make some cash, the more money the park has, the better really. Maybe some real grass for the Icon site!

Will

Strata Poster
Haha, I remember the ludicrous story on CF when Blackpool had a charity sale before.
(Can't find the news story now, alas)
I wonder if Nadia still has that headboard...

Coaster

Mega Poster
Has anyone seen this on BPB's Vampire Beach 2018 webpage?
https://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/whats-on/vampire-pleasure-beach/

29724016667_529d9989f1_b.jpg

Peet

Giga Poster
It looks like they are teasing a Zombie Wild Mouse attraction! But yeah it's just poor use of stock images.

Libby sold for £4,400 in the end. If I had paid that much but was told if I donated it back to the park they would rebuild the ride, I would do it in an instant.

Coaster

Mega Poster
It still makes me sad that I'll never ride it again. I'd swap it for Icon tomorrow. I miss the sound of it - the clattering, the squeals of people zipping past you above.
Absolutely agree, Icon is alright but there's nothing special about it, there's plenty of better modern steel coasters around and it's only good in the afternoon; even then it still lumbers around parts of the layout.

Wild Mouse was a one-of-a-kind coaster with first class airtime, pacing and the combination of elements was infinitely more fun than Icon. It'd still be my personal number 2, Icon doesn't touch my top 10.

The long-term damage PB made to the park when they removed Mouse should never be underestimated, as well as removing a huge asset and competitive advantage over basically any other park, they're now left with an dreadful empty space with no money to install a new development because Icon flopped. PB is supposed to be an amusement park yet you're left to see the dirty walls behind two dark rides, a wooden fence and (surprise surprise) a photo unit. Just appalling presentation for what is supposed to be a place of vibrance, colour and fun.

The reason they removed the ride was, according to their statement, "to make way for new developments" yet they haven't even started working on the space? Disgraceful.

Lofty

CF Legend
The long-term damage PB made to the park when they removed Mouse should never be underestimated, as well as removing a huge asset and competitive advantage over basically any other park, they're now left with an dreadful empty space with no money to install a new development because Icon flopped. PB is supposed to be an amusement park yet you're left to see the dirty walls behind two dark rides, a wooden fence and (surprise surprise) a photo unit.
That's strictly not true, though. They do in fact have plans for that site and some of it will be used later this year for something - you're saying all this like removing Wild Mouse is going to cause a huge decrease in attendance to the park when in reality the only people that will boycott the park are a handful of self-righteous enthusiasts letting nostalgia guide their idiotic beliefs.

Things like this piss me off, to be honest. This same type of enthusiast will be the first to cry and belittle 'the public' when the park closes down due to low attendance. Moan about them removing a ride and not replacing it; boycotts the park so they won't generate enough income to build a new ride. I know this is an extreme scenario but my point still stands. How about you support the park and hopefully they'll fill the space with something worthy in the future instead of sitting bitching on a forum about the removal...

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Absolutely agree, Icon is alright but there's nothing special about it, there's plenty of better modern steel coasters around and it's only good in the afternoon; even then it still lumbers around parts of the layout.

Wild Mouse was a one-of-a-kind coaster with first class airtime, pacing and the combination of elements was infinitely more fun than Icon. It'd still be my personal number 2, Icon doesn't touch my top 10.

The long-term damage PB made to the park when they removed Mouse should never be underestimated, as well as removing a huge asset and competitive advantage over basically any other park, they're now left with an dreadful empty space with no money to install a new development because Icon flopped. PB is supposed to be an amusement park yet you're left to see the dirty walls behind two dark rides, a wooden fence and (surprise surprise) a photo unit. Just appalling presentation for what is supposed to be a place of vibrance, colour and fun.

The reason they removed the ride was, according to their statement, "to make way for new developments" yet they haven't even started working on the space? Disgraceful.
I agree with @Lofty completely.

Also, I don't think Icon flopped. Blackpool as a resort had lower attendance figures than previous years, which I think is a factor as to why Pleasure Beach's visitor numbers hasn't increased.

Lofty

CF Legend
Not to mention that as far as I am aware, their 2018 attendance figures have yet to be released?