What's new

Why doesn't anyone go to Futroscope?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Puy du Fou was purposefully built by those reactionaries to entertain a certain fascination for some aspects of the past, closely related to their own political agenda and moronic ideology.
Interesting. But you would visit if the political agenda and moronic ideology leaned to the left?

I've never been to either FS or PdF because I've never had the opportunity, or feel inspired enough to make it happen. I like to ride things. I get bored of looking at things. Take a photo and move on is my mantra.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
To be fair, if it had creds, I'd probably go and scowl a lot but as there aren't any, I can wave around a moral agenda.

@Ian I've been to loads of communist tourist sites but I always see it as 'viewing the culture', although most of it is in the past now anyway. I drew the line at seeing the stuffed old Mao corpse but then ended up seeing Lenin's with the other CFers.

Interesting qn. Would you go to North Korea for creds? I've always had it in the back of my mind that I might go one day (although perhaps not after the recent rumblings) but my friends are totally against it and see it as contributing tourist cash and being accepting of the regime. Personally, I always thought as much outside contact for the people the better. But yeah, are creds worth it?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
If this place had creds, I'd go.

I'm more than a little uncomfortable with whales and dolphins in captivity, but have been to countless parks that have them. It's incredibly hypocritical, but I admit that and own it rather than trying to justify it with bulls**t.

I've looked into North Korea loads of times over the last few years - I couldn't go before because of South Korean work visas in my passport - but still haven't found the "right" time to go. Realistically, Easter would be the only decent time for me, but other things have been prioritised.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
The owner of Puy du Fou is anti-abortion? Sorry to get political, but I never understand why some people see this as such a horribly bad thing? Even though I don't entirely agree with staunch anti-abortionists, to me their views are completely understandable and come from a good moral place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
IMG_20170527_183040_zpsngej9wi1.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Whilst I'm happy for the discussion of "would you visit a given theme park based on various controversial aspects of it's ownership?", let's not turn this thread into an ethics debate about abortion. Not the place for it.

I'm essentially with Gavin here - I try to have morals and stick to them, but equally I'm not going to defend a park (SeaWorld or Puy du Fou, for example) when I know I'd happily sacrifice those morals for creds.

Last edited:

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Whilst I'm happy for the discussion of "would you visit a given theme park based on various controversial aspects of it's ownership?", let's not turn this thread into an ethics debate about abortion. Not the place for it.

I'm essentially with Gavin here - I try to have morals and stick to them, but equally I'm not going to defend a park (SeaWorld or Puy du Fou, for example) when I know I'd happily sacrifice those morals for creds.

Exactly - this Post got political very quickly! TBH it's the human condition to bury our heads in the sand sometimes - in fact if we didn't we'd all have a hard time functioning because the world is generally corrupt! And when it comes to parks I generally (i.e. Never) really look into its ownership/background/management - because I know if there's a ride I want to go on - I'm probably going to go regardless - and would rather not polute my brain with negativity!

I buy products from Primark........ but they will no doubt be made by children in China, I drink Starbucks....enough said!, I support business's that are guilty of gentrification! I don't like modern farming practices yet have still not given up animal products!........It's hard to live in the modern world and not be a hypocrite!

I for one would visit Puy du foy for example - and I'm gay! so if they are right wing I probably shouldn't be wasting my pink pound on them..... but hey I WANT TO GO!.... it's as simple as that!!

Last edited: