What's new

What was your first coaster to feature a launch?

djreplay26

Roller Poster
Mine was either space mountain or rock and roller coaster at Disneyland Paris. Can't remember which was first.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Good question - I think it was Rock n Roller Coaster at WDW, shortly followed by Montezooma's Revenge.

Ben

CF Legend
Florida's Rock n Rollercoaster.

I did Revolution first but I ain't counting that as a launch unless you count the end of Th13teen. Like nah.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Yeah, Rock 'n Roller Coaster Hollywood Studios for me. #basic

Actually if we're counting Revolution, the argument might be made for KI's long lost Capirio suspended coaster Scooby's Ghoster Coaster. It's more of an elevator lift with a release, but it doesn't have a chain. :p

scoobysghostercoaster01.jpg

That's a little coaster I wish we still had sometimes. :p

Jer

Strata Poster
Rock'n'Rollercoaster @ MGM Studios in 2004

That was also the coaster that finally broke my fear of coasters and opened the flood gates.

VTCGA5

Roller Poster
V2 - SFGAm.

I was pretty nervous about how the launch would feel (The man next to me even asked me if it was my first time) but I ended up loving it. I *temporarily* gave it my #1 spot. Then I rode Raging Bull again haha.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
First proper launch (because the Revolution is a push and not a launch) was Bullet at Flamingoland in 2000.

Lofty

CF Legend
Mine would be Revolution (but same as everyone above), then The Bullet (but that's also pushing it slightly), so I think the first 'proper' launch coaster may have been Rita?