What's new

What was the first foreign roller coaster you ever rode?

Matt N

CF Legend
Matt you tool - we had a thread like this 12 years ago, that's 5 strikes of the paddle and a ban for you my friend. And PLEASE double, triple and quadruple check all 145 pages of General Discussions for similar threads before posting new topics in future. :rolleyes:

Ok, to answer the question (agaaaaain ;) ) I think mine was probably in Orlando back in 2003. Unless Wales counts. Does Wales count? It should do, I guess, it is technically another country, right? In which case it would have been the Jet Stream or the Water Chute at Rhyl back in the 80's.
But seriously, the first coaster I rode in Orlando must have been the Hulk. Jolly good it was too. Didn't go to Busch Gardens on that trip so my first overseas wooden coaster would have been... lemme think, that little one that used to be at Efteling before Joris, what was it called? Pegasus, maybe? Yeah, that. But it was only little, first big one would have been Stampida in 2006.
Sorry @Howie...
But according to Matt...Scotland isn't a country at all...and we stuffed the Welsh before repeatedly beating up the Scots...
If Wales is foreign though, mine changes to the kiddy coaster at Pwllheli Butlins in 1966, around the time of the world cup victory, and my foreign coaster count goes up by a whole 33%
I never said anything about us beating up the Welsh! I only said that I thought of Scotland as a region of the UK as opposed to its own country, a statement which I now regret!

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Ok then, if counting Wales and Scotland separately to England, my first foreign coaster would have been my first ever coaster! Can't remember what it was but would have definitely been in England somewhere, likely Pleasurewood Hills. Being Welsh does have it's benefits.....

(First Scottish coaster would have been after the aforementioned Phantasialand trip, would have been the Landmark Forest Park cred as well (Would have been Codonas but was closed due to rain))

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
So nice.

Mine was Revenge of the Mummy - Universal Singapore - 27/12/2013
The one that started it all really. Very happy with that.

First wood was Robin Hood - Walibi Holland - 11/05/2015 11:05am ;)
Eww. At least that rhymes.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I think it was around 2005 when I went to Disneyland Paris for the first time. It must have been either Rock'n'Roller Coaster or Big Thunder Mountain.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Pretty sure mine was Space Mountain at Disney World (Florida) back in 1988. There's a slim chance we may have visited Boardwalk & Baseball before WDW in which case it probably would've been the woodie there, but I'm pretty sure we did Disney first. After that Florida trip I waited another 25 years before my next foreign cred, which was the Coney Island Cyclone. :)

Oh and @Matt N, please do stop apologising when you start a thread! If you've searched for the topic, not found it and can't see it already on the first page of the forum, it's pretty safe to assume you're OK to post about it. ;)

Coop

Roller Poster
Mine would probably be Vol D’Icare at Parc Asterix back in 2002, followed by Zeus and Goudurix which were my first major coasters, don’t remember much of them but I do remember the pain.

Dan1989

Mega Poster
Some Wacky Worm in Cyprus, which I can't find on RCDB, but have a picture of me on it. Only foreign coaster I've done, Unless you count Wales which would probably be Megafobia

mkingy

Roller Poster
Viper at SFMM back when Scream! had just been installed. This was shortly after getting to the queue for X and it already being 4 hours long (barely ran that day)

Ben

CF Legend
Uhhhh, don't actually know for sure. Something at Magic Kingdom back in 2001, but no idea what it would have been because we rode everything that day.

I think I rode some creds at a travelling fair in France in 1999 but I really don't know for sure.

My first foreign Woodie was probably... Stampida? In 2005?

Lucy

Hyper Poster
It was something at the now defunct Wonderland in Sydney in 2002 - either the Bush Beast or Beastie :)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
It would've been Big Thunder Mountain, Orlando, July/August 1991. Space Mountain on the same day, but I remember that being at night.

Georgie-M

Mega Poster
I believe my first visit to a park abroad wasn't until I visited my mate in Germany back in 2014, so my first international cred would be Expedition GeForce. Feels weird thinking that was nearly 5 years ago now!