What's new

What parks 'compliment' each other?

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
What two independent parks in your opinion compliment each other? - or would compliment each other if they where closer together?

this only came to mind after Ghosterforce - when I went to Phantasialand a day after Hansa Park..... and really had a sense that the two complimented each other - both quite different, and both offering something the other didn't - and headline coasters which vied for equal attention.... its was for me - a good combination - however practically they are quite far apart!

We mostly think about parks in term location on trips - and what can be clustered together, if distance was no issue - what two (or 3) parks would make a 'dream weekend' for you IF they were near each other? Can be different continents if you like!
And i'm not talking about 2nd gate resort parks like 'Tokyo Disney and Disneysea' - try thinking outside the box! - Many people might say 'Phantasialand and Europa Park' for example.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
I'm gonna point out the obvious one:
Cedar Point and Kings Island. I really can't think of any other two parks that have this many good and well-crafted roller coasters, not to mention 5 kiddie creds! The food at both parks is really good, Fries at Cedar Point and Blue Ice Cream at KI.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
^I thought the same until I clicked.
We're playing on differences rather than similarities I guess.

Think I'll start a 'what two forum threads compliment each other'.

I'd go Liseberg for some coaster, flat, scenery and Scandinavian goodness, then an Asian Universal or Disney for coaster, dark ride, theming and Asian goodness.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
BGW and KD are two parks in close proximity to each other that complement each other — one being a bit more of an amusement park, and one being a little more of a theme park.

They also compliment each other, because even though these two parks are in direct competition, the owners of each are really friendly with each other, each frequently inviting the other to their own park, and they both literally say nice things about the other park. At least that’s what I’ve heard.

Sythe

Mega Poster
Definitely KD and BGW. They both fill in the gaps when something is missing from the other park.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

nadroJ

CF Legend
Efteling and Phantasialand for sure. Similar feels on parks in my opinion but Phantasialand fills in the gaps thrill-wise.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Universal Studios Hollywood and Six Flags Magic Mountain. Two parks that epitomise everything that America does better than anyone else - the 'Movie' Park and the 'Coaster' Park.

Will

Strata Poster
Granted, both are utter dives these days - but in years gone by, I'd have been surprised Thorpe & Chessington hadn't had a mention.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I think Six Flags Magic Mountain and Disneyland California. One is a great theme park complex with a good variety of quality themed rides and experiences; the other, a roller coaster mecca with a staggeringly good selection of thrills.

They also compliment each other, because even though these two parks are in direct competition, the owners of each are really friendly with each other, each frequently inviting the other to their own park, and they both literally say nice things about the other park. At least that’s what I’ve heard.

I like that this post answers the topic title too.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Already mentioned, but Cedar Point and King's Island. Corporate is doing an excellent job at keeping the two parks as far apart in the spectrum as possible with little overlap. While they have some rides of the same type, Magnum and Diamondback are not similar, Banshee and Raptor are not similar, Flight of Fear and Maverick are not similar, and the list goes on.