What's new

What other hobbies do you have?

JackFish

Mega Poster
Band kids unite. I dated a mello once, but ended up marrying a clarinet.
Not to be the stereotypical Melly and think were all great, but what was it that made you go with the clarinet instead of the Melly? And also what did you play?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I can't believe I got that. I used to play trumpet until I switched to the better instrument ;)
I mean, if only because we let Mellos think they're great. :p When I marched in college at UC, the trumpet section motto was "Excellence through Apathy."

lom.lom.lom

Roller Poster
I play trombone and I'd bet I'm not the only one here lol. That's like my career though and coasters are my main hobby. Non-coaster hobbies are hiking, baking, drawing, and playing basketball.

Flash Shift

Roller Poster
I work out, albeit I'm not in the gym all the time like some people, and I'm getting back into running as I used to do loads a few years back. I have ran two marathons but after that I kind of lost interest as I peaked there. I play videogames as well, but honestly hardly ever these days for something that was once a defining hobby of mine. One thing I actually do now rather than consider doing is reading, I have read a load of books in the past couple of years.

Boobiwoobi

Roller Poster
Is playing video games considered a hobby? If so, I play a lot of WoW and still love exploring new locations, upgrades, classes, etc.;)
I would like to recommend a site where I have found great people who help me improve my game. this is the site - boosthive. i use their services all the time and am very satisfied with the work done. I'm in no way propagandizing or advertising!!, but maybe someone will find it interesting or useful)
p.s. when I scrolled down, I noticed that I forgot to write about it last time, so I'm sorry for editing the post so late.

Last edited:

JackFish

Mega Poster
A newer hobby is water polo. I love playing it and being on a team. I was about to say coasters because that's my go-to answer when people ask my hobbies but I guess that doesn't work on here.

Skyye

Mega Poster
I like aviation and band. Im a huge band kid, love band and my mellophone.
I know I'm MONTHS late to this, but I'm also a band kid! Tenor sax myself, but kinda interested in learning euph so I can march drum corps lol

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

JackFish

Mega Poster
I know I'm MONTHS late to this, but I'm also a band kid! Tenor sax myself, but kinda interested in learning euph so I can march drum corps lol

@Skyye Good luck with DCI! I'm auditioning for Carolina Crown, this year so wish me luck.

Skyye

Mega Poster
@Skyye Good luck with DCI! I'm auditioning for Carolina Crown, this year so wish me luck.
Oh nice! Good luck in your auditions! I'm still on the fence about auditioning since I'm in college and don't really have the money to get an instrument, let alone march drum corps, but I hope to make it happen at some point

JackFish

Mega Poster
@Skyye I sent in an audition video to Maddison scouts and got accepted, huge deal since I'm only a sophomore in high school, Crown hasn't gotten back to me, but ill bet I get at least a call back. But good to know I have a place for the summer!