What's new

What kind of accent do you speak with?

Janey54

Roller Poster
Weak received pronunciation with a hint of family-inherited Norfolk. The Norfolk hint fluctuates according to the interlocutor.

EthC

Mega Poster
Think about a slightly softer version of the south wales accent you hear in Gavin and Stacey and your pretty much there with me :p

TilenB

Strata Poster
Russian!
Naaah, I don't anymore. Nowadays I mostly speak in some mixture of a typical american accent.

AJ

Giga Poster
At work I speak in an American accent to customers.
To people I don't know, I speak in a common English suvvern accent. (Southern)
To friends, I range between common, posh and Northern.

In France I speak with a French accent. Englsih words. French accent.

Darren B

Giga Poster
I speak with a posh accent, I don't particularly see it, but that's what I'm told by people who I meet that aren't from Banbury.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
A really lame Dutch accent. Hate it <//3. Though I'm not as bad as a lot of Dutch people that speak English.

Ridewatchers

Roller Poster
Californian.

Pronounce "often."

(A) Offen, or of`n, is Californian
(B) Often, with pronunciation of the "t," is common in NE.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Lofty said:
A mixture of Scouse and Mancurian, therefore, horrible.

I've no idea why I got rid of my accent :p

It's not as bad as Clive Barker's. I met him in Liverpool and he had a similar mix as yours of Scouse/Manc, but it was then mixed with Californian. It was the most abysmal accent anybody could ever have! I think he's all yank now, but back then it was nasty.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Jordan there are 2 types of Windsor accents. The first one is the Old Windsor accent which is a really posh way of speaking but they do drivel on really quickly. I fall into the New Windsor accent where I talk pretty slow and pronounce the letters.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I used to have a Westcountry twang, but that went south when I moved North. I've now got an accent that lives somewhere between Lancashire and Sheffield.