What's new

What is your favourite roller coaster manufacturer?

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Mack - In my region, the seats and restraints are very comfortable and their coasters are just so smooth.

Edward M

Strata Poster
B&M. RMC is close behind, but I've just ridden so many more B&Ms. They're smooth, comfortable, and usually perfectly intense.

CarolinaRider

Mega Poster
I'm tempted to say B&M since I've ridden their coasters the most, but Mack looks like the best manufacturer. They make just about anything you could want- large coasters, family coasters, water rides, flat rides, and dark rides. They seem to have just as good of a reputation as B&M, but their catalog is much larger. I've only been on two Mack rides, one of them a Mouse and the other one a Seastorm, but I've enjoyed both.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Probably RMC. They have no rattle as of yet(hope to god they'll stay that way), very intense, extremely innovative in both tech and design, and just simply make some of the best god damn coasters out there.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Gotta love me some Intamin. Some of their rides are actually pretty ****, but their best coasters seem to be better than the best coasters of other manufactures.

RMC is a good choice too, but the two I've ridden haven't really wowed me the way same of the other Intamins have.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Intamin, Mack, and RMC are top three. Intamin is probably number one, but I think Mack and RMC will be the top dogs in another 3-5 years

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Why has nobody mentioned almighty Schwarkoph? Oh yeah, because they're no longer that good by today's standard.

I get excited by anything made by RMC and B&M. I also have a twinge of excitement when presented with a mental looking Intamin. I have a soft spot for Mack, too.

This is actually a difficult question, a bit like asking a parent who their favourite child is. They've all got their good points that make them fab, but if I had to save one from a burning building, I'd save the youngest and the one with the most future promise - RMC.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
B&M for their reliability, RMC for their new approach...

But overall: Intamin for those few, fantastic roller coasters they have in their livery.

Crosscoaster

Roller Poster
Ian said:
Why has nobody mentioned almighty Schwarkoph?

... I was just about to say Schwarzkopf, just for the pure reason that Anton was just mad!

The engineering behind some of his rides is superb!

I also really like the late (noticing a trend here) Big Country Motioneering. Again, they were mad enough to (attempt) to build the Ultimate at Lightwater Valley, unfortunately though it did finish them off!

I just think that some manufactures now play it too safe and don't like to take big risks! For this reason I'm not a fan of B & M, just because they don't seem to come up with anything inventive... just perfect other's Ideas... I also think I've been on a bad range to be honest!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Crosscoaster said:
Ian said:
Why has nobody mentioned almighty Schwarkoph?

... I was just about to say Schwarzkopf, just for the pure reason that Anton was just mad!

Yeah, in his day, Schwarzkopf was da boss and rightly deserves tremendous accolade for what he blessed us with. I think that his rides no longer match the modern day coasters we now enjoy. There are a couple of examples, such as the loopers or Jetliner models. I Wonder if in 30 years time, some goons might think the same about Alan Schilke and his amazing coasters for our time. Although Schilke's creations are more varied and interesting, so perhaps not!

Jer

Strata Poster
In all honesty. It's Premier

People tend to forget their contribution to the industry as well as how good their rides actually are. Jokers Jinx was the best ride at SFA, Tempesto has to be one of the smoothest rides ive ever ridden, and even their smaller launches like Backlot Stunt Coaster or The Mummy have decently powerful (albeit slow) launches.

The only thing I hate from them, are those god damn bulk lunch boxes they call restraints. At least even those are getting better.

peep

CF Legend
^I really like Premier too but I couldn't go as far to say they're my fav.

B&M and Mack are my joint favourites. I've enjoyed the majority of the B&Ms I've ridden, they're solid smooth rides that last longer than most. Mack just seem to be mastering every coaster type though, innovating as they go and trying weird combinations to come up with something exciting and new. The fact their rides are also really high quality, smooth and with comfortable seating I think they're only going to get bigger and better.

I think Intamin create some fantastic coasters but until Taron their restraints were rubbish and they have a tendency to break all the time. Unreliable and can be very uncomfortable, they'd need to do a lot to change my opinion of them.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I think probably Gravity Group/M&V at the moment. Their newer woodies are amazing. Obviously, you're looking at a limited range of products though.

I need to ride more RMC to make a proper judgement call.

Mack are up there after riding Helix and Flash, even Blue Fire and its clones to be honest. I think they're now the ones to watch after years of crap.

I probably would have put B&M way up there until very recently, but I've just done a slew of s**te from them which has brought them down in my estimations. I've always thought Intamin are better, and that's just been further solidified, though Intamin have some crap out there as well.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Ian said:
Yeah, in his day, Schwarzkopf was da boss and rightly deserves tremendous accolade for what he blessed us with. I think that his rides no longer match the modern day coasters we now enjoy. There are a couple of examples, such as the loopers or Jetliner models. I Wonder if in 30 years time, some goons might think the same about Alan Schilke and his amazing coasters for our time. Although Schilke's creations are more varied and interesting, so perhaps not![/quote] I too am very convinced that Schilke's name will be uttered in the same sentences as Miller, Allen, Stengel, and Schwarzkopf when history comes to pass.

Good thought on Premier Jer. Their contribution to magnetic launches especially has helped advance that coaster genre.