What's new

What is your favorite merch item to get at a Theme Park?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Mugs and park maps. They have to be sensible mugs though, can't stand ones that are oversized, silly shapes or are too garish. A nice, proper sized mug with a tasteful ride/park logo is what I look for. I also grab a park map but tehyget chucked in a drawer and forgotten about.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I bought an umbrella at Alton last year during torrential rain. It was poorly made and as I opened it outside the shop it just gave up and turned inside out. I had to go straight back in and swap it. True story.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Ever seen these?

1445656160-3041155347_m.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Hotwheels Loopsters. basically looping coaster trains in hotwheels car form.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, I've got a couple of those. Bought them from poundland last year.

Sent from my E6683 using Tapatalk

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Useable mugs (nothing ridic/massive/stupid handle as I actually use them) and hoodies. Love a theme park hoodie.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Mugs and T shirts. Quite like the big mugs - got a few of those - but not the massive mugs. They're just stupid.
Oh, and I once bought a pair of hand-made, garden secateurs with hardwood handles from Hansa Park. They have weird gift shops there.

Edward M

Strata Poster
For my favorite parks, I like to get a T-Shirt. However, for most parks, I tend to get free things like park maps.

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Pin badges, pin badges of (almost) everything. Not too expensive and a nice memory token for me! Getting them whenever I can except in Disney Parks, they just have too many for my poor wallet...

jayjay

Giga Poster
I'm a fan of mugs. And, like Ian, I tend to go for smaller, non-fancy mugs. Something with a clean graphic. I like goon clothing too. If I like a ride, and the shirt isn't too in-your-face, I'll tend to buy it.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
I've got folders stuffed with maps dating back to '98 but I don't think I've ever bought an ORP or piece of merch in my life.

I'm very fussy with what I wear and don't like in your face brand prints so a coaster logo plastered on a hoodie is a big no for me.

I'm sure something practical like a mug I'll buy at some point but I'd rather use my spending money at a park on nicer food or just put it away for future trips.

Maps and photos are all I need really!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Maps from everywhere.
Postcards for things I like.
Tshirts for things I love.

Seems far too often that parks don't have any of their own branded merchandise at all, however.

Sandman

Giga Poster
I own a couple of mugs and pin badges, but I rarely purchase them anymore. I tend to keep hold of maps/brochures and tickets.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I like getting a magnet for each park I've visited whether it be a specific roller coaster or general overall park branded one (Also from Zoo's). I also have a large number of amusement park related Christmas ornaments. I used to be big into shirts, but not so much now..... Unless it's on the more classy side, not loud and obnoxious ones. And I like to get postcards to send other people once in awhile.