What's new

What is the most surprising airtime moment you’ve experienced in your enthusiast career?

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
And then countering @Nitefly's opinion on Lightning Rod, for me of the 6 RMC's I've ridden, this had the weakest airtime of the lot. The biggest offender being the infamous quad down. This foursome should have been an assault on my thighs; instead, it was more like a polite tap, regardless of the row.

“What?! It was brutal!” - Mrs. Nitefly’s verbatim reaction to your blasphemy 😂

We feel blessed to have endured it on ‘god mode’ (⚡) rather than ‘plod mode’ (🙈).

Colorado Adventure is a good shout! You accelerate in the most counter-intuitive places in the front few rows *crawls down a hill then zooms up the next one*

RcTmix

Mega Poster
This random, unassuming hill on Tornado at Stricker's Grove. I'm not sure if they've fixed it at all in the last 15 years, but I was caught entirely off guard. Overall, the coaster is fairly tame, but then there is this innocent little hill/drop right in the middle of the ride that provides a swift moment of absolutely violent ejector air.

View attachment 23165
This is a good mention. Got on it last summer. It’s still hilariously violent, and with buzz bars.

On SAW: The Ride the airtime hill delivers some really great ejector, but surprisingly so does the midcourse breakrun?

The trim breaks do absolutely nothing to slow you down. You fly straight through the midcourse breaks and get completely lifted from your seat when you drop down into the dive loop.

Two quality airtime moments back to back, definitely the best airtime moments at Thorpe Park (for now at least).

Last edited:
Back to back airtime hills on Ice Breaker

Speed hills on Kentucky Rumbler

Airtime hill after first loop on Copperhead

Silver Bullet KBF overbank and wave turn

Scream has a fun little twisted hill that is kind of off axis. Has decent float if it is warmed up

Goliath SFMM speed hill if like Mako's but better in my opinion.

Manta SWSD camelback and twisted hill

Hangtime step down and pop into brakes

Rip Ride Rockit pop into any MCBR

Strathven

Roller Poster
The jump onto the brakes on Poltergeist has a few moments of nice floater airtime, as a cool little treat to end the ride on! Superman: Krypton Coaster does this too, but I think it's a bit stronger on Poltergeist.

Also the hills on Shock Wave @ SFOT. The drops are really sudden and just yank the seat down from under you. I don't know if that counts as airtime, but it feels like it should.

toofpikk

Mega Poster
It has forever remained, and will forever remain the god damn lift hills on Legoland Windsor's dragon. That thing has absolutely no right to haul ass that much with the headchoppers it has and the most flimsy lap bar in the world, but every time if you're sitting in the back third of the train you feel like you're about to be yeeted into the king's back garden.

SimonProD

Mega Poster
The double-down on Jack Rabbit at Kennywood. Coming up I did think "looks like fun old family coaster" and then going "whaaaaat....."