What's new

What’s the most jackhammering coaster ever?

Thunder1981

Roller Poster
What is the worst most roughest and jackhammering and shakiest and most painful wood coaster u ever rode and why? Did u ever ride hellcat and son of beast and which one of those was the roughest most jackhammering and painful and why?

Matt N

CF Legend
If we’re talking specifically about wooden coasters, then it’s Blackpool’s Grand National for sure; I was genuinely quite worried for my spine going down some of the drops!

MountedShooter

Mega Poster
Great American Scream Machine at Six Flags Over Georgia, even with new trains and partial retracking it is still very rough. Neither of those will help the biggest problem though, it stops like it's hitting a concrete wall at full speed. I often wonder how many people a year get whiplash. I've been in the queue at Blue Hawk and watched peoples heads visibly snap hard.

Thunder1981

Roller Poster
Great American Scream Machine at Six Flags Over Georgia, even with new trains and partial retracking it is still very rough. Neither of those will help the biggest problem though, it stops like it's hitting a concrete wall at full speed. I often wonder how many people a year get whiplash. I've been in the queue at Blue Hawk and watched peoples heads visibly snap hard.
So which coaster is more jackhammering and roughest gasm or blue hawk?

MountedShooter

Mega Poster
GASM, I won't ride it anymore, and it was always my favorite as a kid. Blue Hawk is fairly smooth especially in the back, that's my 3rd favorite in the park after Goliath and Twisted Cyclone.

RcTmix

Mega Poster
Son of Beast during opening year, before any of the support structure was reinforced, was absolutely brutal. The rose bowl was the most unpleasant experience I've ever had on a ride. That's the only time I've ever found a ride so painful that I couldn't find any enjoyment. If crushing spines is cool, then consider Son of Beast Miles Davis.

I rode it again in 2003, and it was actually pretty tolerable. A completely unrecognizable experience from my first ride. It seems all of the structural reinforcement really did improve the ride experience, even if the engineering was less than adequate.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Thunder1981

Roller Poster
Son of Beast during opening year, before any of the support structure was reinforced, was absolutely brutal. The rose bowl was the most unpleasant experience I've ever had on a ride. That's the only time I've ever found a ride so painful that I couldn't find any enjoyment. If crushing spines is cool, then consider Son of Beast Miles Davis.

I rode it again in 2003, and it was actually pretty tolerable. A completely unrecognizable experience from my first ride. It seems all of the structural reinforcement really did improve the ride experience, even if the engineering was less than adequate.

What part of your body hurt on son of beast? Was the rosebowl helix still the roughest and most jackhammering in 2003? What coaster you ever been on was the worst, roughest and most jackhammering and why? What wood coaster is the roughest and most jackhammering and why?

RcTmix

Mega Poster
What part of your body hurt on son of beast?

Spine, brain, internal organs... it was pretty bad. Usually my tolerance for roughness is pretty good, but that was just too much.

Was the rosebowl helix still the roughest and most jackhammering in 2003?

If memory serves, that was still the roughest part, but it was much better than when it first opened. It still jackhammered pretty hard in the rose bowl, but more on par with other rough wooden coasters.

I can't remember if Stampida was jackhammering or just rough, but either way it was **** and deserves a mention. Villain jackhammered my cousin's boob out of her tank top so I guess that deserves a mention, too.

Christian

Hyper Poster
Viking coaster at Energylandia. That think is just horrible in all ways, the jackhammering into those stupid OTSRs is just horrendous. Who even came up with the idea of putting big bulky OTSRs on a spinning wildmouse? That thing should either get scrapped or get proper Zamperla trains.

cookie

Giga Poster
Colossos just before it shut down in 2016 had some serious jackhammering in the final hills past the helix of doom.