What's new

Warner Bros. Movie World AU | DC Rivals HyperCoaster | Mack

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Not a huge fan of that layout personally. I feel that it focuses too much on banked turns and too little on airtime. There are really only four airtime hills after the drop. It still looks like a top tier ride, but perhaps some missed potential.

Lofty

CF Legend
There's absolutely no way from footers alone that you can tell the height elevation or element of a coaster - you just can't. Look at when Lost Gravity was being built...

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
True, but you can definitely get a general idea of the layout. The layout in the video did go along with all the footers, so it will probably be similar to the final layout.

Lofty

CF Legend
True, but you can definitely get a general idea of the layout. The layout in the video did go along with all the footers, so it will probably be similar to the final layout.
Yeah, but my point still stands - there's no point judging a layout that's simply an impression of one. Especially when it comes to saying 'theres only four airtime hills', we simply don't know that yet.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Yeah, but my point still stands - there's no point judging a layout that's simply an impression of one. Especially when it comes to saying 'theres only four airtime hills', we simply don't know that yet.
I was referring to the example layout. I realize that it is not exactly what the final layout will be.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Going vertical!
IMG_7490.thumb.JPG.f33cbcf3b97f554580974ed551400b18.JPG

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I don't recall seeing a layout so far. As for location, Gazza posted these images, which I think is where this coaster is being built.
Nearmap flew over the Gold Coast a couple of weeks ago so updated aerial images of the site are available:
05mFvvKh.jpg
I quite like the pink. It's definitely going to be unique!

Lofty

CF Legend
^ There isn't an official layout, you're right! I think what TMCoasters is referring to is the fan-made NL2 knock up, which is in no way official.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Well we have seen all the footers. I'm just wondering what location the trackwork is being done, not at what point in the layout.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Looks like we're seeing the start of either an airtime hill or a large vertical loop.

I'm loving all that twisted track. Can't wait to see more construction.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
^ I take that back about the loop. The support structure looks quite different from the supports on Flash's vertical loop.