What's new

Warner Bros. Movie World AU | DC Rivals HyperCoaster | Mack

Gazza

Giga Poster
Movie World are apparently getting a new coaster next year.
It was known that the park submitted a planning application for a roller coaster: :angel:
12456.JPG.7a2429ff151b0bea18b749869fe44559.JPG

and at the same time RCDB put this up:
https://rcdb.com/13637.htm

But stuff is actually happening now, with foundations being dug in a bit of land along the road into the park:

[facebookpost]https://www.facebook.com/GCthemeparkgirl/posts/1985533971673309[/facebookpost]

The fenced area of works is quite large! You could fit three SLCs in there.
SEQPogl.jpg

There was this tweet:
FullSizeRender.jpg.066064b99aae7f973e160c2f2555cbc9.jpg

Tongue in cheek page Theme Parks a Go Go spotted Mack crates on site:
[facebookpost]https://www.facebook.com/180259232044009/photos/a.400304706706126.84493.180259232044009/1070486693021254/?type=3[/facebookpost]
These were soon painted over by the park.....

Anyway I'm excited because this looks really big! And Mack are doing amazing stuff.

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: Warner Bros. Movie World AU- Unknown Coaster

Isn't there rumours that it could be a mega style coaster? Akin to Alpina Blitz?

Could there be potential that it's a spinning coaster at all? I remember them saying in an interview somewhere that they currently have a few of them in production for parks - I'll have to dig it out somewhere.

TilenB

Strata Poster

This actually looks extremely promising. Only a shame that it probably won't be finished by the next Christmas (or at least that seems to be when the main season starts down under) and it will spite me if I end up visiting next 'summer'

Poslano z mojega ONEPLUS A3003 z uporabo Tapatalk

Gazza

Giga Poster

It seems these days the Australian parks have shifted to opening rides in September/October, rather than in December as they have in the past, so hopefully no spite for you.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Re: Warner Bros. Movie World AU | Unknown | Mack Rides Coast

I can definitely see a Flash style ride for that plot of land, looks like ample space. And, it would be a great fit for the park. It would give them a huge, intimidating ride, with solid airtime and maybe a couple inversions. Really hoping we see more of these Mack hypers popping up

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Flash is an amazing ride, so anything similar would be a huge hit. It would be the best coaster there although Superman is also excellent.

Lofty

CF Legend

This will also look fantastic from the car park, just looming at the entrance.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016

Quite excited for the Aussies out there! Have always thought it'd be the worst place to live as an enthusiast, im sure Mack will work their magic with whatever this is.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

^After New Zealand </3
Their 3 newest coasters look very nice :) Mack's these days have been so interesting (helix, flash, lost gravity) and this could take a completely different form!

TMCoasters

Mega Poster

gavin said:
Flash is an amazing ride, so anything similar would be a huge hit. It would be the best coaster there although Superman is also excellent.

Flash looks spectacular. Seems like upper tier to me. I'd definitely say that it should incorporate inversions. A boat load of sustained ejector like on Flash would be somewhat similar to Superman Escape. (Correct me if I'm wrong, can't tell if Flash is more sustain ejector, or flojector airtime)

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

Old news apparently and I don't think it's worth a new thread, but elle oh elle

57ee491ecb134-warner-bros-movie-world-arkham-asylum-vr-coaster.jpg

IgNic6O.gif

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hR_9uv2cBE[/youtubevid]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hR_9uv2cBE

Seems like these new restraints will suit VR a hell of a lot more than the normal OTSR. If you want to experience the VR it will cost $5.

spicy

Giga Poster

Oh god VR on an SLC. Those Kumbak restraints are terrible. No headbanging but instead they try to cut your legs off.

At least they are getting a nice new Mack. A coaster like Flash would literally be perfect for this park, a Mack launched would be too similar to Superman so hopefully it is a Flash style Mack.

Gazza

Giga Poster

Ive done Arkham Asylum VR and its quite good. Basically you get gassed by joker whilst bound in a chair, lifted up several floors, then wheeled off the top floor. The inline twists have you being twirled through vines and the bonus helix is an ice slide being formed by Mr Freezes gun. At the end you crash through the wall of the Asylum, and Joker looms but Batman kicks his ass just in time.

I don't have too much of an issue with the Kumbak harnesses...dunno, maybe exercise your legs lol.

Nearmap flew over the Gold Coast a couple of weeks ago so updated aerial images of the site are available:
05mFvvKh.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend

You can sort of tell of a banked curve on the left, and the middle looks like the S bend airtime hills that are found on Alpina Blitz and the Mega Lites.

I wonder if you're gonna end up getting something smaller for this?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Literally every example the article shows are not hypers(except for Titan, which is still a piss poor example of riding a hyper). At least they know that amusement parks are safe.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend

Actually, by definition you could argue that Titan and El Diablo are the only ones in that list that aren't a 'Hyper' coaster, as they doesn't break the 200ft barrier...

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
The CEO of Mack rides has confirmed that it will be a custom hyper, similar to Flash at Lewa Adventure. This is definitely the most intriguing project of 2017.